Music The RedCafe "Original Songwriter's" Music Thread

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
If we're posting videos of friends then I might throw these ladies in there aswell. They've been getting some very good reviews of late and have spent the last two summers on tour with Ghost Mice in the States. Good friends of mine, last saw them play in my mate's kitchen.

No offence CZ but I thought that was horrible. Especially the part where they just shouted basically.

Kinky Melinky

I don't think I've pointed it out before but this track is an absolute belter. Flawless pop-rock song.
Cheers Melbourne. Looking forward to seeing how it sounds with a full band. I think we should form a London based band from the Caf.

Come on Londoners, who's with me ?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I loved that. It had a touch of the Ricky Martin 'Livin' La Vida Loca' about it.

Anyone got any new guitar/vocals stuff to upload ?
im in the middle of writing a song in for my dad who died last week, a happy/sad memoir.

I will stick it up in a couple of days

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Just got this Guys New Album.... James Vincent McMorrow

What an Irish Talent...

Kinky Melinky

It's been a while since I've been able to write and record so it is with great pleasure that I bring you a basic version of my latest song - Funeral Frank

The fuller version will have a fiddle, double bass and all sorts of other crazy stuff

The Flying Potato

Heres something I was working on today, could do with a neaten up but this will do for now.

Why is the audio quality in youtube so shite?

Output is the name of my solo band thing btw.

hungrywing

4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download Beers Of A Clown.mp3

What do we think?..Singing?..Rapping?...What should I do with this?
Wait twenty more years until everyone forgets it's been done before.

Kidding. Hire a female jazz vocalist for the mantra-esque chorus. Lyrics should probably tie into the era. Nostalgia/angst at today's politics; all the world's a stage, etc etc. blah blah.

Music video should probably be Carnivale: garters and suspenders, soda pop and cotton candy. Demonic-looking performers, fire breathers, sword swallowers, bearded lady, strong man, strange midgets on unicycles staring into the camera, and last but not least in the bowels of a tent the sleazy ringmaster & circus owners in full tuxedo and mustache. Damn dirty politicians. Strategic use of glasswork to distort the visuals and lots of soft filters. Our hero the sad clown trying to make everyone laugh in spite of the farce of it all.

'Tears of a Clown', maybe? Actually, no one would buy that except for the circus-loving emo crowd.

Oh what the hell. Autotune. Lots and lots of. Slather it on. You missed a spot. No I don't care that it was a full silence. There you go.

hungrywing

:lol: Is is me or do you sound like you have a Chinese accent in certain parts.

Sigh. If you had a recording booth you could really get into the delivery and normalize it in post so you get to keep the intensity of spitting and near-shouting without actually drowning out the beat.

Lester Freamon

Aka Caveman
FAO Mockney, is that song Carnivale your work? I liked it. Your sound is fairly similar to the Norwegian band Paperboys. You've probably never heard of them so if it's not very frowned upon in this thread I'll post a few videos:

I'll remove them if it ruins the thread. I may be the only one who sees the similarity though.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It is Caveman...though I've now decided I hate it, having done it at about 11 this morning, and I now want to change most of the lyrics and do it again at a later date....I just don't have the time...I flit between things quite randomly. I'll probably never touch it again to be honest.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Heres a few mates of mine during a session I play at from time to time....

Some talented boyos.... the guy with the hat wrote this song, watch this space.

Pretty good, pretty neat.

hungrywing

Heres a few mates of mine during a session I play at from time to time....

Some talented boyos.... the guy with the hat wrote this song, watch this space.

Pretty good, pretty neat.
Now that's a music video. Also, a great-looking pub. I didn't know they sold Sam Adams in Europe.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
That's my local :) Great place for music. All those musicians are mates, we generally end up with a session like that for 2-3 hours every week.

It's not Sam Adams, it's a beer called Fischers, rocket fuel, I've never seen it anywhere but that pub.

Ecstasio

Between South Manchester & The South Coast of
Forgot to put this in here

I like it mate, made me chuckle. Good job ;)

I've got a pretty big back catalogue of tracks so I'll just post a few contrasting ones rather than flood you with dozens. So Mockney, if you read this, I know you have been asked by other members and I am adding myself to the list. I'd love to do some collab work. I think I already have a few tracks that would benefit from some rhymes/vocals. I can certainly make some more in the future ;)

Plenty more where they came from and a lot more in the pipeline. If you want to hear more check out my site at:

Ecstasio Music

:cool: