Music The RedCafe "Original Songwriter's" Music Thread

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
So Mockney, if you read this, I know you have been asked by other members and I am adding myself to the list. I'd love to do some collab work. I think I already have a few tracks that would benefit from some rhymes/vocals. I can certainly make some more in the future ;)
Sure mate...Liking your stuff. Just let me know what you think you'd like done and when.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Tell her she shouldn't wear green PS. If she agrees, you must give her to me.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Here's a song I wrote a while ago for a lol-facebook group me and some of my mates created called FASAS (Farting And Shitting Appreciation Society).

It's probably the crowning achievement of my life, to date:

To the tune of 'You're the Voice,' by John Farnham:

(1) We have
The chance to flip the bog-roll over
We can fart when-we wanna fart
But we-gotta put up the-seat, before it gets much colderrrrrereeerrr

We’re the FASAS order
And we love it when our bowels ruuuuuun
I can’t hold it in much looonger
It’s shooting down the barrel of my buuuuuuuum

(2) You’re allowed to fart try and understand it
Make the noise and make it clear
Whooooa ooooh oooh ooh ooooooh ooh (x2)
The only-time we fart in silence
Is when we drop an S.B.Deeeeeeeeeeeee (S.B.D. – silent but deadly)

(3) It’s the time
That we all drop our dacks togetherrrrrr
We’ve eaten enough to leave a bowl fuuuuull
Believing we can make the mound higheeeeer

(4) We ARE the FASAS order
And we love it when our bowels ruuuuuun
How looong can we hide our nature
With our thumb up our buuuuum?

(5) You’re allowed to shit try and understand it
Make it squirt or make it smear
We love-it when our shit is violeeeeeeeent
We love it when it stings our riiiing

Que the Poo-pipe solo

(6) We ARE the FASAS order
And it comes out of our buuuuum
How looong will this vindaloo taaaake
Before the avalanche cooooooooooomes?

Repeat (2)

Repeat (5)

Repeat (2)

Repeat (5)

Repeat (2) as it trails off.

Mockney

Very nice..

If anyone remembers the Park Song from Over The Bar...well this is where the music bit comes from. I cleaned it up a bit today and added a needless Hey Judeish refrain.

Ecstasio

Between South Manchester & The South Coast of
Very nice..

If anyone remembers the Park Song from Over The Bar...well this is where the music bit comes from. I cleaned it up a bit today and added a needless Hey Judeish refrain.

I enjoyed that. Nice one. Something a bit different.

Sure mate...Liking your stuff. Just let me know what you think you'd like done and when.
Good stuff, I have taken note. Hopefully once I have got the two projects I am working on out of the way, I'll be able to come up with some nice urban break-beat for us to work with ;)

Kinky Melinky

Do you think if we played live on stage people would be able to tell the different. Fair enough you have a nicer bum than I do, but other than that I'm not quite sure what the difference is

Oh...you can handle your weed, but that's about it

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
:lol: that'd probably be it Kinks, I'd be the one with the spliff hanging out of my mouth.

Or we could just play standing up, I'm 6ft 3.

TheMancRedDevil

Do you think if we played live on stage people would be able to tell the different. Fair enough you have a nicer bum than I do, but other than that I'm not quite sure what the difference is

Oh...you can handle your weed, but that's about it
Some seriously good stuff on here guys. Just spent the best part of an hour listening to just about every track

I think Kinky and Eyepopper would probably look like the Mitchell brothers from Eastenders on stage! :lol:

The track featuring the guys in the pub (the one where it was mentioned that the one in the hat wrote it) was great. It reminded me a bit of Interference who sang Gold in Once.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
popper i dont think you're pretentious enough to be sitting beside the lads in the hats

you look like you're about to kill someone in between strumming

Eyepopper

popper i dont think you're pretentious enough to be sitting beside the lads in the hats

you look like you're about to kill someone in between strumming
:lol: you're not the first person to make that comment... I'm a softie really...

Its alright Kinks, if we ever share a stage I'll sit and you can stand.... I'll still be bigger than you mind!

Kinky Melinky

This is a new tune of mine, probably not entirely finished but thought I'd lash it up for the Caf to hear considering how supportive you've all been. We recorded this around a kitchen table with a few bottles of wine and 1 mic. Accompanying me is Charlie Grant, and it's the first time he's played it so it can only get better as a song.

Please note I forgot my own lyrics on the first line. I was supposed to go:

"I'm feeling like I shouldn't worry about the little things"

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!

This is a new tune of mine, probably not entirely finished but thought I'd lash it up for the Caf to hear considering how supportive you've all been. We recorded this around a kitchen table with a few bottles of wine and 1 mic. Accompanying me is Charlie Grant, and it's the first time he's played it so it can only get better as a song.

Please note I forgot my own lyrics on the first line. I was supposed to go:

"I'm feeling like I shouldn't worry about the little things"
Love the tune. I played it on my speakers and simultaniously jammed on my piano. Although I didnt do it in E-flat major (too many black keys) but transposed it -1 and played in D ;)

My wife said cute how you forgot your first line. Bastard.

Kinky Melinky

Love the tune. I played it on my speakers and simultaniously jammed on my piano. Although I didnt do it in E-flat major (too many black keys) but transposed it -1 and played in D ;)

My wife said cute how you forgot your first line. Bastard.
:lol:

That'll be the wine I assure you. I can definitely see a bit of keys going into that song with a bit of a Stevie Wonder feel to how the keys will be played. I would like to up the groove a bit so bass will more certainly help.

Mockney

Thanks Mocks ! Appreciate that
you really do though, I've been smoking for years to try and get that sexy husky quality.

And the song's good as well...I initially though "oh here we go, those 3 chords" but i got well into it and am humming the chorus.

Kinky Melinky

I think the change takes it off to a better place. I don't think I would have bothered with it if it didn't have a few more dynamics to it

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
If we're posting videos of friends then I might throw these ladies in there aswell. They've been getting some very good reviews of late and have spent the last two summers on tour with Ghost Mice in the States. Good friends of mine, last saw them play in my mate's kitchen.

I actually quite like this! A lot of text and some minor complex harmonies to remember and sing. Good effort.

MJLD

That's brilliant Kinky, I love it. You and Eyepopper annoy me, everytime I listen to one of your tracks I feel obliged to learn the guitar, and it always fails. Bastards!

Kinky Melinky

:lol:

Sounds like throw out advice, but you really have to just keep at it. It's a discipline at the end of the day

Mockney

Damn it, I'm going to write a song today...I've just decided..though it needs to be done for 3.30. Ok, challenge Anneka time!

Eyepopper

Here's an old acquaintance of mine who does fairly well for himself...

Great story at the end...