g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The Referee Decisions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
The Rojo yellow was a bit strange. So far this season, other shoulder barges have not been punished. Maybe it changed.

Man-United

That assistent over there must be supporting one of the other teams competing for top 4. Horrible.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

Don't understand how he thought this was offside. I thought the attacker gets the benefit of the doubt

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Gueye fouls Pogba. Other player boots the ball out off Gueye. Goalkick to Everton.

Untied

How has he just given a goal kick for what should either have been a foul and a yellow card or a corner

manutd619

- Offside goal that wasn't
- Shirt being ripped off Pogba and not only no FK no corner either
- Keeper actually booted the ball into the crowd after the penalty and got nothing

How fecking incompetent and useless are these shitstains of officials

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Let's be reasonable. The offside was a very very close decision and my first thought was offside so imagine it at a fast pace.

But the drop ball thing and the foul on Pogba were simply inexplicable.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
How has he just given a goal kick for what should either have been a foul and a yellow card or a corner
I mean, i like a good moan at a ref... But you just have to laugh at that one. So wrong it's actually hilarious.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Thought it was actually one of better performances I saw in a while. Only dubious thing was the offside goal(linesman) which was actually maybe even a foul.

BTG

I'm convinced the refs are why the game isn't more popular in the USA.
The most popular sports here all have video review.

fanutd

It's pretty simple fellas. If you didn't have to answer or explain the work you do then it's open season. You can arse around all day since there is no one questioning your work. Not only are we not allowed to question these inept imbeciles but we have full on campaigns to shield and protect these useless "professionals".

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The offside is ridiculous. The linesman isn't even level with the line of defence and Zlatan. He shouldn't be allowed to make that decision. He is guessing, and he guessed wrong.

Barry stopping the ball with his arms and then following it up with a rugby tackle on Rashford when he was on a second yellow was mad as well. Ref just waved play on.

On top of that, Pogba getting his shirt pulled off him as he's charging in to the box, Barry lashes the ball away and it bounces off Gueye's arse - Goal kick :houllier::houllier::houllier:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
- Offside goal that wasn't
- Shirt being ripped off Pogba and not only no FK no corner either
- Keeper actually booted the ball into the crowd after the penalty and got nothing

How fecking incompetent and useless are these shitstains of officials
My commentator was speechless. I thought Gueye was running off the pitch, obviously for being given a red card, but he was just running back into position because they somehow got a goal kick.

ROFLUTION

The arm doesn't count. Only parts of your body that you can score with count.
Certainly not what commentators thought on my tv. They were certain its every part. Not that they are gospel. But'd be nice to hear the rulebook

ROFLUTION

Certainly not what commentators thought on my tv. They were certain its every part. Not that they are gospel. But'd be nice to hear the rulebook
Edit: fifa rule book: " for the purposes of this decision, the arms are not considered"

I take it all back. Onside. Danish tv commentators are as good at commenting as John Jensen was for Arsenal

Snow

I'm telling you how it is. Very easy for you to look it up and verify it.

Commentators are often wrong. I've worked for 10 years on football shows and matches where the commentators in the studio or the matches are former professional footballers and even managers and rarely is there one that knows the rules better than myself and I quit playing when I was 17. I did however take the referee exam like everybody else in my age group because we were mandated to ref a few kids matches per year.

In fact I had a commentator just yesterday questioning this rule. Former professional footballer, played in the PL and is now a manager. He didn't know the rule either. Our host however did and corrected him.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
My commentator was speechless. I thought Gueye was running off the pitch, obviously for being given a red card, but he was just running back into position because they somehow got a goal kick.
The goal kick was just funny. Taking the piss at that point.

Anyone mentioned Barry not getting the obvious second yellow when he fecking rugby tackled Rashford, two yards in front of the referee?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
The Robles thing can be forgiven. It was the celebration phase. It would have been very cruel.

ROFLUTION

I'm telling you how it is. Very easy for you to look it up and verify it.

Commentators are often wrong. I've worked for 10 years on football shows and matches where the commentators in the studio or the matches are former professional footballers and even managers and rarely is there one that knows the rules better than myself and I quit playing when I was 17. I did however take the referee exam like everybody else in my age group because we were mandated to ref a few kids matches per year.

In fact I had a commentator just yesterday questioning this rule. Former professional footballer, played in the PL and is now a manager. He didn't know the rule either. Our host however did and corrected him.
See above post for me quoting the rule. God I hate 'know it all' commentators being soo certain.

Snow

The goal kick was just funny. Taking the piss at that point.

Anyone mentioned Barry not getting the obvious second yellow when he fecking rugby tackled Rashford, two yards in front of the referee?
By the book it should have been his 3r because he kicked the ball away in the first half to prevent us taking a quick free kick. It's perhaps the easiest rule for referees to follow but they still just can't. Similar with how many times Robles held on to the ball for 12 seconds. Doesn't even go to the ground after catching it, just stands there holding it. He's allowed 6 seconds but refs never care. Always favors the team that's not attacking which is not how the rulebook is set up.

ti vu

Gueye fouls Pogba. Other player boots the ball out off Gueye. Goalkick to Everton.
Incredible. And Gueye dude was trying to foul Pogba the whole time move. Should have picked his second yellow too.

How the feck Young got booked for Mirallas being a cnut not returning the ball to us when his teammate play acting with fake injury?

Same thought. He looks confused himself about the ref's decision.

Snow

See above post for me quoting the rule. God I hate 'know it all' commentators being soo certain.
Considering how wrong they are on TV with such conviction it makes me wonder how many times a player is genuinely surprised when a ref calls a foul on him in a match. Barkley is confused every single time so perhaps he doesn't know any rules.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Can someone explain to me how they got a goal kick after Pogba was dragged down and one of theirs blasted it out of the pitch? Also, how is their keeper smashing it away after Zlatan scored the pen not a textbook booking? There was even an incident late in the game where two of the Everton players kicked the ball away after we got a free kick - neither was even reprimanded. Barry not getting a second booking either.

Conclusion: Swarbrick is a fecking cnut. I can only imagine he'll be handed the FA cup final based on today's game.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
That Pogba foul was absolutely baffling, and worse one of their players blasted the ball out and they get a goal kick. Then there was Barry taking out Rashford right in front on him for which he gave nothing. I really do wonder what goes through refs heads when they see incidents like these.

Sylar

The offside one isnt the one that annoys me, Im more annoyed because i think the officials need help in tight calls like that.

The ones that annoy me are where refs are clearly just making it up. Like the one where Pogba is fouled by a player on a booking, nothing is given, the ball is then booted from one everton player to another and a goal kick is given. They basically invented in their minds that the ball came of Pogba (who was on the floor, even though the ball was higher than where he was laying). It was just rofl worthy at that point.

Their keeper should have been booked. Doesnt matter what minute it is, or what the score is, or whether he is on a booking or not. Its just making up whether to follow the rule or not.

Barry taking down Rashford (I think it was him, and a free kick wasnt even given) whilst on a yellow already was a piss take.

Status
Not open for further replies.