The Second RedCafe Sheep Draft

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I'm one of those who underrate Schuster because I don't know much about him. Good write-up that! Thanks for the effort.

The write up has, playmaker, libero, bossing left side of midfield which do not seem to connect properly. The only Finals Match formation pic I could find had him in middle of a 4-4-2. So how exactly do you play him, DLP in a midfield 3? A box-to-box in a 4-4-2/diamond?

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Hopefully he at least cancels out the fact you have Schwarzer in goal still :)
I don't know how I'm going to break the imminent departure of his Aussie matey, to Vieri. They've both become inseparable and their love of cricket has spread to the whole squad.

Ah what is this? Kohler himself has submitted an ultimatum that they'll forfeit future matches if I let go of Mark :(:(:(

Such a dilemma, no? :p

Skizzo

I'm one of those who underrate Schuster because I don't know much about him. Good write-up that! Thanks for the effort.

The write up has, playmaker, libero, bossing left side of midfield which do not seem to connect properly. The only Finals Match formation pic I could find had him in middle of a 4-4-2. So how exactly do you play him, DLP in a midfield 3? A box-to-box in a 4-4-2/diamond?
I've used him in a midfield 3, and a midfield 2 in a 442...although I don't think I ever did him justice really.

Skizzo

I don't know how I'm going to break the imminent departure of his Aussie matey, to Vieri. They've both become inseparable and their love of cricket has spread to the whole squad.

Ah what is this? Kohler himself has submitted an ultimatum that they'll forfeit future matches if I let go of Mark :(:(:(

Such a dilemma, no? :p
Didn't realize you haven't picked your second player yet :lol: thought you decided to go ahead without a new keeper. That's what i get for not paying attention properly.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Oh the bossing of left midfield was German captain Dietz. Cut off the segment wrongly. Read the article below the excerpt and watch the video against the Dutch to get a full picture of how young Schuster operated.

Hmm anto had him in a previous draft and you should check his matches out if you can. Antohan used him in a variety of roles alongside Lerby & Falcao :drool:.

He's equally capable of playing as a roaming attacking mid, a more conservative CM with plenty of drive (like he did with Maradona playing as AM) and a deep lying playmaker or a libero role which he did early on for Germany at times and for Toshack's 100 goals+ record breaking Real.

Obviously all different versions but he's as complete as they come. There is a vid I posted of him in my write up where the Spanish la liga pundits call him a hybrid of Pirlo & Effenberg and even that doesn't fully portray his abilities accurately.

It's just a rarity to find a pure playmaker who's so bloody complete and well rounded. Van Hanegem is the only one who springs to mind and perhaps Overath and Falcao. The rest like Effenberg, Lerby, Souness etc whilst being excellent passers with a great engine, never quite were pure playmakers capable of dictating games to such an extent. In the sense that you lose so much if you take their physical attributes away. Not with Schuster, he could still run games with his sheer technique and vision.

Last edited:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Didn't realize you haven't picked your second player yet :lol: thought you decided to go ahead without a new keeper. That's what i get for not paying attention properly.
You had me checking the reinforcements criteria again :lol:.

sajeev

Teams:

KPS88
- 1. Dino Zoff, 2. Del Piero, 3. Bergomi, 4. Cannavaro, 5. Papin, 6. Carboni, 7. Redondo, 8. Gascoigne 9. Tigana 10. Donadoni 11. Sagnol 12. Eto'o 13. Garrincha

Joga Bonito - 1. Batteaux, 2. Hierro, 3. A.Cole, 4. Kohler, 5. Littbarski, 6. Schuster, 7. Luisito Suarez, 8. Mark Schwarzer 9. Czibor 10. Burgnich 11. Vieri 12. Mascherano 13. Brehme

Cutch - 1. Lobanovskiy, 2. Nilton Santos, 3. Bozsik, 4. B. Charlton, 5. J.Zanetti, 6. Gento, 7. Stanley Matthews, 8. Just Fontaine 9. Krol 10. Sadurni 11. Gamarra 12. Simeone 13. Nesta

Sajeev - 1. Capello, 2. Seedorf, 3. Davids, 4. R. Marquez, 5. Henry, 6. Canizares, 7. Paul McGrath, 8. Rivaldo 9. Bossis 10. Amoros 11. Kaka 12. Alaba 13. van Basten 14. Ruggeri

BorisDeLaFora - 1. Guttman, 2. Cafu, 3. Lucio, 4. Shevchenko, 5. Stoijkovic, 6. Lizarazu, 7. Souness, 8. Pires 9. Tresor 10. Gerson 11. Buffon 12. Socrates 13. Zico 14. Passarella

VivaJanuzaj - 1. Scholes, 2. Ferrara, 3. Kenwyne Jones, 4. Figo, 5. Nedved, 6. Peruzzi, 7. Keane, 8. Dunga 9. Vierchowod 10. Crespo 11. Zambrotta 12. Berthold 13. Breitner 14. Batistuta

NM - 1. Puskas, 2. Platini, 3. Tardelli, 4. Pirlo, 5. Ferdinand, 6. Hamrin, 7. Chilavert, 8. Argelico Fcuks 9. Carlos Alberto 10. Schwarzenbeck 11. Gattuso 12. Ze Roberto 13. Roberto Carlos 14. Scirea

Edgar Allan Pillow - 1. Rocco, 2. Ancelotti, 3. Pantsil, 4. Desailly, 5. Baresi, 6. R. Baggio, 7. Schmeichel, 8. Jairzinho 9. G. Müller 10. Djemba-Djemba 11. Montero 12. Thomas Müller 13. Cabrini 14. Gerets

Skizzo

KPS88 - 1. Dino Zoff, 2. Del Piero, 3. Bergomi, 4. Cannavaro, 5. Papin, 6. Carboni, 7. Redondo, 8. Gascoigne 9. Tigana 10. Donadoni 11. Sagnol 12. Eto'o 13. Garrincha

Joga Bonito - 1. Batteaux, 2. Hierro, 3. A.Cole, 4. Kohler, 5. Littbarski, 6. Schuster, 7. Luisito Suarez, 8. Mark Schwarzer 9. Czibor 10. Burgnich 11. Vieri 12. Mascherano 13. Brehme

Cutch - 1. Lobanovskiy, 2. Nilton Santos, 3. Bozsik, 4. B. Charlton, 5. J.Zanetti, 6. Gento, 7. Stanley Matthews, 8. Just Fontaine 9. Krol 10. Sadurni 11. Gamarra 12. Simeone 13. Nesta 14. Van Der Sar

Sajeev - 1. Capello, 2. Seedorf, 3. Davids, 4. R. Marquez, 5. Henry, 6. Canizares, 7. Paul McGrath, 8. Rivaldo 9. Bossis 10. Amoros 11. Kaka 12. Alaba 13. van Basten 14. Ruggeri

BorisDeLaFora - 1. Guttman, 2. Cafu, 3. Lucio, 4. Shevchenko, 5. Stoijkovic, 6. Lizarazu, 7. Souness, 8. Pires 9. Tresor 10. Gerson 11. Buffon 12. Socrates 13. Zico 14. Passarella

VivaJanuzaj - 1. Scholes, 2. Ferrara, 3. Kenwyne Jones, 4. Figo, 5. Nedved, 6. Peruzzi, 7. Keane, 8. Dunga 9. Vierchowod 10. Crespo 11. Zambrotta 12. Berthold 13. Breitner 14. Batistuta

NM - 1. Puskas, 2. Platini, 3. Tardelli, 4. Pirlo, 5. Ferdinand, 6. Hamrin, 7. Chilavert, 8. Argelico Fcuks 9. Carlos Alberto 10. Schwarzenbeck 11. Gattuso 12. Ze Roberto 13. Roberto Carlos 14. Scirea

Edgar Allan Pillow - 1. Rocco, 2. Ancelotti, 3. Pantsil, 4. Desailly, 5. Baresi, 6. R. Baggio, 7. Schmeichel, 8. Jairzinho 9. G. Müller 10. Djemba-Djemba 11. Montero 12. Thomas Müller 13. Cabrini 14. Gerets

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
No one would choose Kubala and Hidegkuti? Feck you, guys! :(
I guess that I'm rooting for Passarella now - no point in rooting for Amoros

Last edited:

Skizzo

Oh dear.

When suits @NM?

Think we should get all these games played soon, don't want it dragging on too long. Could we get this round wrapped up by end of weekend?
Ideally we could.

If everyone gets their stuff in quickly, we can get up one each day, that way the discussions don't get too watered down. They've all been great so far. If someone can get their stuff in straight away, we can do 1 a day through Sunday.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Ahh clear match of the round in NM vs Cutch .

Edgar possibly drew the worst possible opponent as well.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Ideally we could.

If everyone gets their stuff in quickly, we can get up one each day, that way the discussions don't get too watered down. They've all been great so far. If someone can get their stuff in straight away, we can do 1 a day through Sunday.
Personally i think 2 a day is fine but you're the man.

Writeups shouldn't take as long now after the first round.

Skizzo

Personally i think 2 a day is fine but you're the man.

Writeups shouldn't take as long now after the first round.
I don't mind 2 a day if all the managers are on board with that. Sometimes it seems to get spread a bit thin if two different matches are on at the same time.

If you guys are ok with it though, its fine by me :)

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I don't mind 2 a day if all the managers are on board with that. Sometimes it seems to get spread a bit thin if two different matches are on at the same time.

If you guys are ok with it though, its fine by me :)
I don't think it has a big influence on the discussions if two games run at the same time. Some games create more, some less, doesn't really matter what's happening in other threads. At least that's my impression over the last 2 years. More than 2 games is too much, but 2 is perfectly fine. And it's much more important to keep the momentum, because if the draft gets dragged out for too long, even the managers lose interest.

VivaJanuzaj

So, Figo and Nedved against the diamond? Or will Sajeev put a surprise formation?

Good luck @sajeev , going to be a cracker. I can do the writeup as early as today and start it tonight if you want, but any day works for me so whenever you want

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
No one would choose Kubala and Hidegkuti? Feck you, guys! :(
I guess that I'm rooting for Passarella now - no point in rooting for Amoros
:nono:

Kubala would prefer you rooting for his Barça mates Suárez and Czibor.