Gaming The SM RedCafe League

OB

Division 2 table update:

Still possible for Millwall to finish outside the playoffs but they'd need to lose by a big margin while Derby would have to win by a big margin due to the goal difference. I agree with kps that Ipswich look odds on to finish second.

In Division 1 the points tallies that two of the possible relegated clubs have is insane. In real life they say 40 points is the aim for safety while in the Division 1 here it isn't enough.
Dammit. Ipswich and Coventry just won't lose.:mad:

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Offically safe :drool: Chelsea 99% champions now too, bar West Brom scoring 10 goals and Chelsea losing by a good few.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Can't believe I'm still in with a shout of nicking 6th spot! Come on Cardiff, and be nice Leeds!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
No, my main plan isn't that simple. It also involves slowly ruining any chance you and your inferior squad have of ever winning anything, eventually seeing you finish lower in the table than Zarlak's Manchester United team, which would ultimately be a win in itself.

Oh how I will laugh when I finish higher than you this season. :D

Congrats Urban/Chelsea.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
He should be unbanned for winning the league

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Play-offs will do. Winning them is another thing. Probably a good thing I don't get promoted, I'll get hammered up in division 1...

Damien

Staff
Play-offs will do. Winning them is another thing. Probably a good thing I don't get promoted, I'll get hammered up in division 1...
I'm not looking forward to that part but on the bright side there'll be plenty of cash involved to help improve the squad so that you're not reliant on loans from Division 1 sides and when relegation does probably happen you should be in a good position to challenge for promotion back to the top flight. Also depending on what your stadium capacity is now it could increase on promotion. Mine won't but my stadium capacity is fine.

Some good teams being relegated from Division 1 and promoted from Division 3 so Division 2 should be very interesting next season.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Europa League for Arsenal...

Well finished the season with a trophy so it could've been worse.

BD

Urban-Ned said:
Hi guys, although I've not yet won the league (and I'm not celebrating yet because as SM has shown before, anything is possible) I'd like to extend thanks to Cider for shrinking away into nothing towards the end of the season - it seems that reality doesn't seem to follow his own delusions! Well done also to Rcoobc for putting up such an unexpected fight, and still having the opportunity to win the whole thing on the last day. Also congratulations to everyone who ends up promoted from the lower divisions.

As was brought up a month or two ago, the game is by definition a game for Redcafe members and so I'm more than willing to surrender both my SM teams and leave them open for others to take over. Maybe there should be some sort of vote or discussion between you all about this? I'd rather the teams go to someone who can actually interact on the site rather than stay with me when I cannot, although obviously I'm happy to continue on should that me what you all decide.

Thanks for putting up with me, and it's a shame that I cannot join you all in the thread again!

~Urban/Persian-Fred
From SM site.

I'd be happy to keep him tbh. Its not as if there are loads of people waiting in reserves until an opportunity comes up, and at least he is guaranteed to play and not be inactive or anything.

Damien

Staff
Yep. I see no reason why he should leave even taking his banning into account. Just over half the teams are taken and he's active. Probably doesn't quite feel the same for him not having an argument with cider every day or two or joining in with the discussion here but as long as he has interest in the game he should stay IMO.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Depends on Abromovich. Knocked out early in Champions League, not good enough....

Haha Ned is active and sound out. If he is able to remain active then it is grand out.

kps88

Who's manager of Portsmouth? You better make sure your aren't already thinking about the beach!

Damien

Staff
If that happens i'm going to kunf-fu kick a coffee table.
:lol:

Can't believe I'm still in with a shout of nicking 6th spot! Come on Cardiff, and be nice Leeds!
I'm not going to make it easy for you. If you want to finish in the top 6 you'll have to earn it :devil:

The last day should either be interesting with some twists and turns or it'll be boring and 2nd-6th will all win their games.

BD

If that happens i'm going to kunf-fu kick a coffee table.
All logic would suggest that Cardiff is an easier game than Leeds. However, it is this game, so you never know what could happen! At least I'm at home and you're away. Knowing this game Millwall will probably be destroyed, and me and you will win, leaving Millwall in 7th spot! I wish!

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
All logic would suggest that Cardiff is an easier game than Leeds. However, it is this game, so you never know what could happen! At least I'm at home and you're away. Knowing this game Millwall will probably be destroyed, and me and you will win, leaving Millwall in 7th spot! I wish!
Millwall can't finish 7th. They have a far better GD than you.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Congrats to Unbanned. I'd agree with unbanning unbanned.

*prays for 7 goal swing*

Damien

Staff
Millwall can't finish 7th. They have a far better GD than you.
You missed the white text then :p

Things would have been a lot more interesting if Derby's GD was better than it is now.

I'm surprised Leicester City didn't make a push for promotion. They won some of the hard games against Millwall, Middlesbrough and Derby then after the loss against Leeds things went downhill.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
You missed the white text then :p

Things would have been a lot more interesting if Derby's GD was better than it is now.

I'm surprised Leicester City didn't make a push for promotion. They won some of the hard games against Millwall, Middlesbrough and Derby then after the loss against Leeds things went downhill.
I still can't believe I lost against Portsmouth. 19 ruddy shots on target, my own fault for resting 3 of my starters though. Bah!

At least Carl has 4 injuries to his starting 11! If I can't beat a weakened Cardiff side I don't deserve to be in the playoffs!

BD

I still can't believe I lost against Portsmouth. 19 ruddy shots on target, my own fault for resting 3 of my starters though. Bah!

At least Carl has 4 injuries to his starting 11! If I can't beat a weakened Cardiff side I don't deserve to be in the playoffs!
You should start thinking about how you're going to approach this match. Do you go for the win, but increase the risk of losing? Or do you keep it tight, knowing that a draw will do. That means you're less likely to lose, but also less likely to win. Also, you'll have to decide what to do if Cardiff are winning on 60 minutes. Do you increase your attacking intent, risking conceding more? Or do you keep it how it is, knowing you're losing the match, but hoping you can find a goal from somewhere? The same applies to the 75th minute, but the magnitude of the decisions are multiplied immensely.

All these questions floating about, you wouldnt want to make a wrong decision, as it could cost you. Just remember, I will beat Leeds.
Let the mindgames begin!