Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Levo

Band of Brothers
Is the chat not working or is everyone just ignoring me?

I fear it's the latter.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Money for finishing positions has come through.

I finished 10th and got £4,146,844.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
All my players are open for offers, will only have 21 players once Butt retires, so would welcome p/x deals. Think next season will have to be all about rebuilding, then push on for promotion.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
£2,458,120 prize money for sixth.

Excal

Money for finishing positions has come through.

I finished 10th and got £4,146,844.
Got about £4.75M for 8th.

Also, World Cup draws are out. My England side are in Group A, in what is very much an "If we don't advance, I'm sacked" group with Switzerland, Macedonia and Wales.

Group B features Unbanned's Dutch side against Big-Red Trappatoni's Irish, along with Iceland and Turkey.

Adam 118's Brazil has some decent opposition, with Mexico and Serbia in the group, though somehow Northern Ireland qualified as well. (Scotland was the only home nation that didn't :lol:)

Gaz 1185's Germany faces Uruguay, Nigeria and Hungary.

Ando's Spain and Maniak's Portugal go head to head, with Peru and Ukraine in the group as well.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
What have I got to be embarrassed about? A Semi-Final and a Final of the domestic cups, Semi-Finalists in the Champions League and Fourth place in the Premier League is more than satisfactory for a team in major transition such as we are. I don't see anybody else competing on all fronts like that...
You've done very well in the cups but surely you have to admit your league form in the second half of the season has been terrible?

League table at halfway point

League table now

League table for the last 19 games:

That form is shit. If anyone else had the collapse you had you'd be laughing at them but when it is you you say you're in transition and pretend you've had a good season overall. With the money you've spent you'd expect to have done better than you have done in the league - especially with the 8 point lead you had over 2nd. You bottled it cider.

Well done to Aston Villa and West Brom for their form in the second half of the season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I won 3 of my last 4 games in the league :lol:
fecking brighton, shite all season than once all hope is lost they start winning.

Levo

Band of Brothers
You've done very well in the cups but surely you have to admit your league form in the second half of the season has been terrible?

League table at halfway point

League table now

League table for the last 19 games:

That form is shit. If anyone else had the collapse you had you'd be laughing at them but when it is you you say you're in transition and pretend you've had a good season overall. With the money you've spent you'd expect to have done better than you have done in the league - especially with the 8 point lead you had over 2nd. You bottled it cider.

Well done to Aston Villa and West Brom for their form in the second half of the season.
Didn't realise mine was that bad! feck me that's depressing...

ciderman9000000

It's easy to dismiss as bottling if you ignore the added pressure of the two cups in which most other teams didn't bother to compete for, mostly because they were unable due to their tiny squads of aging players. I also spent large chunks of the season with my two best players, Ronaldo and Silva, out of action through a series of long-term injuries; my form never really recovered from Ronaldo's second injury and so when David Silva then pulled his calf putting himself out for a month in June I knew I'd truly had it, my tactics just never got with it without those key players in the side and eventually, on the rare occasion I was able to play them together, my tactics with them seemed dated.

As for all 'the money [I've] spent', you know full well that the vast majority of it has gone towards building the single best youth academy in the entire SM universe; my squad has no parallel in terms of future development, no other club even comes close to Manchester City in that department. Obviously this is a conscious move on my behalf, and one which I made in the full knowledge that It'd mean missing out on the signatures of many stars aged 30+ whose ratings had peaked and were now, if not already on then certainly preparing for, the gradual decline in quality. Check out how many Premier League teams are relying heavily on such players and you'll see how well the future bodes for all but one or two. Obviously then I made these decisions in the knowledge that my XI would not be the strongest in the league this season, so winning the league would have certainly been bonus, and I'm in no two minds about that.

ciderman9000000

cider's whole rant got a lot funnier once I saw he had a bid in for Zanetti.
Zanetti would be a fantastic addition if he'd agree to play his final season at City. You've obviously missed the point of what I was getting at. You're the worst example of the shambolic managers I'm referring to; your first team consists of no more than fifteen players, six of which are thirty-one years of age or older. Your team has no future, you've killed it; in two or three years time they'll be only fit for the third division.

kps88

Prize money's a bit of a joke. What are you supposed to do with 3m?

Levo

Band of Brothers
Damn, however you should sell Walker to open up more funds.
?

Walker seems a safe bet not to drop, maybe not rise either but he's steady for the time being. Plus I need to find a replacement first If I was to sell him.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Just noticed, maniak's brother just missed out on playoff places.
Would have been nice if he were to get promoted as well.
It was almost impossible when he joined.

He's mocking me because he won his division in the elite league tough

Trionz

Well he has done really well.

Lets not talk about Elite league here. I am ashamed of my performance there.

?

Walker seems a safe bet not to drop, maybe not rise either but he's steady for the time being. Plus I need to find a replacement first If I was to sell him.
What are you talking about?
Walker is a very poor player. Sell him.

Levo

Band of Brothers
I feel your opinion is somewhat blurred by your allegiance to Arsenal, Trionz.

Trionz

Quick Survey,

How much did you pay for Wages this season?

How much did you earn from revenues?
Gate Receipts -----2,422,266
TV Revenue ------2,499,792
Sponsor ----------771,348
Merchandise ------257,117

Levo

Band of Brothers
Quick Survey,

How much did you pay for Wages this season?

How much did you earn from revenues?
Gate Receipts -----2,422,266
TV Revenue ------2,499,792
Sponsor ----------771,348
Merchandise ------257,117
Wages: £28,664,810

Gate Receipts: £18,851,583
TV Revenue: £18,083,776
Sponsors: £6,956,753
Merchandise: £2,318,919

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight