Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Levo

Band of Brothers
I'd like to announce the sale of Thomas Muller to Manchester City for a fee of £24,000,000 and Younes Belhanda moving in the other direction.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Just getting into character!

And Trionz, nice try but I don't think you can afford my players.

ciderman9000000

Also, we'd like to wish Younes Belhanda all the best at his new club. He's gonna be an excellent footballer and myself and the playing staff are all sorry to see him go.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Feck. My LB and ST are suspended/injured for tonight, and very few players are on 90+ fitness. Even if I manage to win tonight, I cant imagine my team will be in a good way for the final!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Feck. My LB and ST are suspended/injured for tonight, and very few players are on 90+ fitness. Even if I manage to win tonight, I cant imagine my team will be in a good way for the final!
I think that has answered my question. Strange that fitness counts given the short amount of time for the players to recoup fitness. It only really favours those with big strong squads which Division 2 and below clubs don't have.

BD

So do any of those in the play offs know whether this is true? I'd imagine the suspensions and injuries still count.
Injuries and suspensions definitely count. Condition I think does tok as it shows it in the tactics screen.

BD

I think that has answered my question. Strange that fitness counts given the short amount of time for the players to recoup fitness. It only really favours those with big strong squads which Division 2 and below clubs don't have.
I read somewhere that they regain finess quicker during playoffs to make it fairer. Doesnt seem true though.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Injuries & suspensions should count but fitness should be wiped clean in my opinion.

Trionz

Having played with Muller in this game and won fair few leagues, i would say it's worth it.
Muller can play in multiple positions.

though the deal is say 7m too much.

Big Andy

Bloke
Do all top Div 1 clubs have so much spare cash lying around?!
No, Wigan have 707k in the bank...

A season of transition in Div 2 awaits, there's a transfer embargo at the DW stadium, unless something can be done by Dave whelan to bring in some funds...it may be that Gourcuff might have to go to bring in some cash, and a cheaper replacement found for the interim...

kps88

I'm not sure how promoted teams are expected to close the gap in this game. I could probably get in one 85-86 rated player and that's it. All the while, the top teams will keep getting stronger.

ciderman9000000

Having played with Muller in this game and won fair few leagues, i would say it's worth it.

It was about £7m above the chairman's part-ex asking price, but that's not important to me. Levo refused my initial offer of £15m + Belhanda + Perisic, countered with £10m + Belhanda + Richards, there's no way I'm seeling Richards so countered with £20m + Belhanda + Perisic, and then he came back with £18m + Belhanda + Verratti.

That was a tough decision as I've big hopes for both Belhanda and Veratti, losing them both plus £18m would be heartbraking. Levo said if Verratti wasn't included in the deal I'd have to up the cash, so I checked how much I had and offered £24m + Belhanda; Levo accepted and the deal was done. Good value all round I believe.

Levo

Band of Brothers
I didn't have a lot of money before this deal so I wouldn't say it's a major difference. My stadium isn't the largest which doesn't help so quite a few others make a lot more then me.

Major difference to my Barca team in the other GW which just hoards the money in.

Levo

Band of Brothers
It was about £7m above the chairman's part-ex asking price, but that's not important to me. Levo refused my initial offer of £15m + Belhanda + Perisic, countered with £10m + Belhanda + Richards, there's no way I'm seeling Richards so countered with £20m + Belhanda + Perisic, and then he came back with £18m + Belhanda + Verratti.

That was a tough decision as I've big hopes for both Belhanda and Veratti, losing them both plus £18m would be heartbraking. Levo said if Verratti wasn't included in the deal I'd have to up the cash, so I checked how much I had and offered £24m + Belhanda; Levo accepted and the deal was done. Good value all round I believe.
Indeed, Belhanda was needed as backup/cover with Muller going out. I had no interest in Perisic so looked through the rest of your squad and went for Verratti, it wasn't a big thing whether I got him or more cash so left it up to you.

The money will help me with other deals.

Cider was always going to have to pay a little over the odds as I didn't need to sell him. I'm happy with the deal.

Trionz

I didn't have a lot of money before this deal so I wouldn't say it's a major difference. My stadium isn't the largest which doesn't help so quite a few others make a lot more then me.

Major difference to my Barca team in the other GW which just hoards the money in.
feck you cider. feck you.

TheReligion

Abusive
Hardly. Let's see if you can find a 22yo 93rated player for cheaper then, TR.

Off you go...

At least.

Levo is laughing and even got a replacement out of it. Belhanda is going to be special.

Big Andy

Bloke
Right, I'm looking to bring in a few 86-88 rated players to wigan on loan for the new season...

Anyone got any they wish to pick up some experience in D2? I need to beef up my squad depth for the cup games and league assault next season...