Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
I've set a new points record, which is something. As it stand I have the best defence in the league. Positives.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Anyone want to take over a team in the draft league? Here are the free teams - with a summary of their best players:

• Bayer Leverkusen (Lionel Messi (99), Franck Ribery (96), Andrea Pirlo (94))
  • Arsenal (Zlatan Ibrahimovic (96), Xabi Alonso (95), Daniele De Rossi (94))
  • Liverpool (Wayne Rooney (94), David Silva (94), Arturo Vidal (93))
  • Juventus (Gerard Pique (95), Thomas Muller (94), Luke Modric (93))

Varun

Staff
Chance to go top and I draw vs fecking Derby after dominating the feck out of them. That's goodbye to the title am afraid unless I somehow win all the remaining 4 games which I dont see happening.

JB7

Osvado is a fecking cnut. He was on a Level 1 concern due to lack of games a while back, since the. I have played him in virtually every match and he's now on a level 3. What the hell?

Levo

Band of Brothers
Osvado is a fecking cnut. He was on a Level 1 concern due to lack of games a while back, since the. I have played him in virtually every match and he's now on a level 3. What the hell?

Same happened to me with Yilmaz, was one of the factors with me buying Pato and getting rid.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Anyone want to take over a team in the draft league? Here are the free teams - with a summary of their best players:

• Bayer Leverkusen (Lionel Messi (99), Franck Ribery (96), Andrea Pirlo (94))
  • Arsenal (Zlatan Ibrahimovic (96), Xabi Alonso (95), Daniele De Rossi (94))
  • Liverpool (Wayne Rooney (94), David Silva (94), Arturo Vidal (93))
  • Juventus (Gerard Pique (95), Thomas Muller (94), Luke Modric (93))
I'll take Arsenal. Where can I find the rules?

Damien

Staff
Pogba has gone up to a level 1 concern for me. It's annoying because he had only gone up 2 a few days ago. If his rise was a few days later, there'd have been no concerns at all.

As for Osvaldo, even though you've played him in virtually every match, he's still played less than half of the league games this season and with the rating he is, he'd expect to be playing at least 60-65% of games I think. Him rising two levels in terms of concern is harsh though.

I'll take Arsenal. Where can I find the rules?
Only rules are not to do transfers during the season, apart from when there are drafts going on. When drafts happen, people pick which players they want in the SM thread and one is currently happening now. League ID: 177123

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
ya, concerns can be a pain. especially when the players concerned are from 88+ mostly. I'm just gonna keep paying them off, the pricks.

Damien

Staff
ya, concerns can be a pain. especially when the players concerned are from 88+ mostly. I'm just gonna keep paying them off, the pricks.
So you don't mind the ridiculous increase in wages?

I've been fine in terms of concerns for a while, just been unlucky with Pogba that he increased in rating a few days before the concerns were being updated. If it gets to the stage where I can't manage to give players the time they need, I'd just sell off the player I don't need anymore rather than try to keep hold of everyone.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
If I want to keep them in the long run, I dont mind doing it with one or 2-3 players, as my pool is around 40 players anyway so I can justify the wages. It is bollocks, but I'm not gonna sacrifice my league position to keep my ressies happy, and I'm not going to risk my future by letting them get transfer listed.

Damien

Staff
4-0 win, just the result I needed. Gotze and Carrick will be back from suspension and injury respectively for the next game which I'm glad about. Really need them for the remaining games. Problem is the other teams at the top have won too, however Bolton did beat Chelsea so the gap over fifth is extended to four points.

Damien

Staff
Title chase is probably between the top four now. Fifth and sixth have a chance of getting a top four spot, but can't see either getting the title as the teams above won't drop too many points.

Here are the remaining fixtures that the top four have (red = top 10 side).

1. Manchester City - 67 points (+29 GD)
Everton (H)
Arsenal (A)
Wolverhampton Wanderers (H)

2. Arsenal - 65 points (+37 GD)
Nottingham Forest (A)
Manchester City (H)
Everton (A)

3. Manchester United - 65 points (+37 GD)
Blackburn Rovers (A)
Fulham (H)
Aston Villa (A)

4. Bolton Wanderers - 65 points (+29 GD)
Queens Park Rangers (A)
Coventry City (H)
Blackburn Rovers (A)

Bolton have quite a good chance of doing it.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I know the feeling dude. I was top briefly, and I could be closer to 4th had my last 2 results gone my way! I needed to win most of my las 5 games, so that is gone. I want to break the 60 point barrier now. That would be a solid season.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
I know the feeling dude. I was top briefly, and I could be closer to 4th had my last 2 results gone my way! I needed to win most of my las 5 games, so that is gone. I want to break the 60 point barrier now. That would be a solid season.
I was top too, but United and Chelsea matches fecked me

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
Any teams still left? Used to play, know what I'm doing...
3 CPU teams in div 1 are about to go down, and all teams coming up human controlled. So you'd be div 2 at best. Someone could quit though. Have a look at the draft league thread if you're interested in that, teams up for grabs.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
Is that a new league starting then?
Starting 2nd season soon, but all the squads are of good quality and we're mid draft picks, so if you jump in we can sort something out for missed picks.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Starting 2nd season soon, but all the squads are of good quality and we're mid draft picks, so if you jump in we can sort something out for missed picks.
I'll have a look and dig the thread out, I only asked as I saw Damien advertise a few teams above, but assume they are all gone..

Big Andy

Bloke
feck off Chelsea
sorry...

I've proper fecked it up this season...bad start, awesome middle, and shit end to the season...

I'll have to rely on Europe for silverware this season I reckon...

I'd like to at least make the top 4...

Big Andy

Bloke
I really should be challenging for the title, with the squad I have...

Disappointed...

Roll on next season...

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I expected a strong finish to end of the season, but it is a proper disaster. Not good enough at all.