Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Varun

Staff
Arsenal probable lineup

Hart (92)

Chiellini (94) Pique (95) Clichy (91)

Shaqiri (89) Illarramendi (89) Gundogan (91) Medel (89) Lahm (95)

Rooney (94) Fabregas (95)​

Manchester United confirmed lineup

de Gea (91)

Vidic (93) Ramos (95) Kompany (93)

Rafael (91) Isco (91) Carrick (92) Bender (91) Ronaldo (98)

Gotze (93) Messi (99)​
Shit. Thought you might go for the jugular and play him up front. That's Medel fecked at RB.

Varun

Staff
Fulham: Much needed 3 points in the group. Really tight though. Still in 3rd place :(

Varun

Staff
Congrats Damo!

Expected it so not really disappointed. Ronaldo scored. Ha. Well done at anti-jinxing that :lol:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yessssssssssssss. Won 2-1 - Messi and Ronnie scored while Gotze set up both goals. Unlucky Varun, if you had a full strength side I reckon you'd have won easily.

The SMFA have awarded Manchester United £400,000 for qualifying for the semi-finals of the SMFA Champions Cup.
Da Silva RAFAEL is now suspended for 1 SMFA competition game after picking up 2 Yellow Cards in SMFA competitions

Varun

Staff
I equalized in the 59th minute thus preventing myself from going to an attacking formation in the 60th minute. Shit!!

Levo

Band of Brothers
Paid a large premium but snagged the other Murphy twin! Wanted the set and got the other for face value so not to bad a deal.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Can people still join? I tried signing up but the site wouldn't let me.

How does this work then? How long does a season last, etc?
Yeah, anyone can join.

2 games a week excluding cup games. Season lasts for just over 4 months.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Is there any point in joining this at this stage, when the top teams are super strong? I don't need to be able to win, ever, but some progress would be nice.
It's tricky, Wolves have a fairly decent side. But it's fairly old. I'd say it's only worth playing the old league if you fancy a challenge or a lower league experience.

Although you could wait a few weeks and take over Villa once they're relegated...

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
The new league would be worth joining. Still plenty of good players at external clubs

Damien

Staff
It's tricky, Wolves have a fairly decent side. But it's fairly old. I'd say it's only worth playing the old league if you fancy a challenge or a lower league experience.

Although you could wait a few weeks and take over Villa once they're relegated...
:lol:

Yeah, for niMic it'd probably be worth joining the new league instead and see how it goes. The old league is possible to progress, but it requires a fair bit of patience, an eye for a bargain and investment in youth who may or may not come good.

Once the season is over, Carrick and Michu will be available to any interested parties, which may help if you've got the money.

Damien

Staff
New league? I didn't know about that. This thread is rather too big to read. What's the code and stuff for that? Maybe I'll give it a go if I get bored.

The first season started a few weeks ago.

All clubs started out on £50M, so it's a fair amount to strengthen your team.

Damien

Staff
:lol: Digne developed a concern for lack of games a while ago, hasn't played any games since and now his concern has disappeared.

If anyone would like to loan him for the remaining games, feel free.

Levo

Band of Brothers

Bellend.

Damien

Staff
I can't sign up:

Sorry an unexpected error has occurred. Please try again.
I think the site is acting up a bit at the moment. I've been logged out a few times despite being active. Keep on trying though and if it still doesn't work, try again in a few hours and it should work.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
This is boring now that league is all wrapped up.

MJJ

Hate this stupid game at times. Changed my team twice for the cup game and thr stupid AI still plays my first team for some weird reason. Now my fitness is fecked.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Hate this stupid game at times. Changed my team twice for the cup game and thr stupid AI still plays my first team for some weird reason. Now my fitness is fecked.
You sure you confirmed it? Because I have never, ever had this issue. On that note, gonna play the ressies for rest of the league #TooEasy #Champs

Varun

Staff
Did you play players out of position? If you do, the AI makes changes automatically.

MJJ

You sure you confirmed it? Because I have never, ever had this issue. On that note, gonna play the ressies for rest of the league #TooEasy #Champs
Twice!! As it didnt go through the first time. Assumed it was due to not having subs. Even turned the in-game instructions off.
Did you play players out of position? If you do, the AI makes changes automatically.
One player but even he was a yellow. The rest were okay.

Varun

Staff
Twice!! As it didnt go through the first time. Assumed it was due to not having subs. Even turned the in-game instructions off.

One player but even he was a yellow. The rest were okay.
Weird that. Because it takes more than a couple of players for the AI to correct it.