Gaming The SM RedCafe League

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
No loan limits but perhaps div 1 clubs should only be allowed to loan out 80+ players to unmanaged?

MJJ

Well you do have one of the highest incomes in the game Mjj, its just you also have a very high expenditure.
If the point of the FFP is to make the game fairer income wise you cant just ignore expenditure. My first team isnt even as strong as others ( I rank in the bottom half of that first team table you posted) or I can use the whatever argument? Works for emo teens.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
If the point of the FFP is to make the game fairer income wise you cant just ignore expenditure. My first team isnt even as strong as others ( I rank in the bottom half of that first team table you posted) or I can use the whatever argument? Works for emo teens.
Well expenditure is mostly wages Mjj and that total is decided by the competency of the manager. For example, I knew my wages were getting out of control and sold several 87-89s to reduce it down. My wages are about 400k less than yours and I still make a loss.

I dont think you're in any position to grumble, the FFP was unfair to clubs like you, chelsea etc. Thats being fixed. Sometimes I wonder if you top incomers have any actual comprehension of how difficult this game is to attempt to combat clubs like yours. At least with this stadium upgrade we can start to narrow the gap! Id love to be able to have first team depth of a club like yours Mjj! :)

MJJ

Well expenditure is mostly wages Mjj and that total is decided by the competency of the manager. For example, I knew my wages were getting out of control and sold several 87-89s to reduce it down. My wages are about 400k less than yours and I still make a loss.

I dont think you're in any position to grumble, the FFP was unfair to clubs like you, chelsea etc. Thats being fixed. Sometimes I wonder if you top incomers have any actual comprehension of how difficult this game is to attempt to combat clubs like yours. At least with this stadium upgrade we can start to narrow the gap! Id love to be able to have first team depth of a club like yours Mjj! :)
:lol: Am pretty sure you have better squad depth than me.

Is it really? If the match engine is random and positions are chosen at the start of the season, then player quality doesnt matter that much. The whole point of the game then is to scout players and buy risers which we cant really do. And its a bit weird that you lump me in with the top earners when I made a loss of 2.2m this season so far. Thats why I was complaining about the old FFP at the start of the season too.

Varun

Staff
@Varun

The figures have no science behind them. I wanted to make sure that the 50 cap remainsd as thats the cap most of us have.
Ah alright. It looks good. I thought you used the data you collected to extract the impact on revenue with attendance differentials of 1k and used it in combination with the average money made via a riser and adjusted the caps accordingly :lol:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

Is it really? If the match engine is random and positions are chosen at the start of the season, then player quality doesnt matter that much. The whole point of the game then is to scout players and buy risers which we cant really do. And its a bit weird that you lump me in with the top earners when I made a loss of 2.2m this season so far. Thats why I was complaining about the old FFP at the start of the season too.
  1. You have 5 more players rated 89+ than me.
  2. You're 7th on the Senior Table i'm 14th. Granted i'm 2nd on the Youth Table, but you're 4th.
  3. Match engine I agree has been shite for a long time but hopefully the new fixes will change that slightly.
  4. I agree with the scouting element, but you can still buy risers. You simply have to sell some of your squad to do that, you could sell some of your cup squad like I did that helps reduce wage bill and also frees up room for risers.
  5. Your loss is because you've spent way more money in the transfer market. You said it yourself that you actually make a profit after each two games.
  6. I get your complaint about the old FFP, here we are now with a revised FFP.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Ah alright. It looks good. I thought you used the data you collected to extract the impact on revenue with attendance differentials of 1k and used it in combination with the average money made via a riser and adjusted the caps accordingly :lol:
Erm yes, thats exactly what I did! Ignore my previous comment.

Varun

Staff

It's the same for everyone man as it depends on how you are performing. I am on a profit of 3mil so far. That's a gap of 5mil with you having 3 players more according to the new FFP. Unless you buy shit, you will make much more than 5mil from 3 risers.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Also MJJ, you're 7th on the First team table, 11 points ahead of Everton and Darlington (joint on 8th). But you're only 4.4 points away from Tottenham in 5th. You have one of the best squads in the game mate.

MJJ

1. You have 5 more players rated 89+ than me.
  2. You're 7th on the Senior Table i'm 14th. Granted i'm 2nd on the Youth Table, but you're 4th.
  3. Match engine I agree has been shite for a long time but hopefully the new fixes will change that slightly.
  4. I agree with the scouting element, but you can still buy risers. You simply have to sell some of your squad to do that, you could sell some of your cup squad like I did that helps reduce wage bill and also frees up room for risers.
  5. Your loss is because you've spent way more money in the transfer market. You said it yourself that you actually make a profit after each two games.
  6. I get your complaint about the old FFP, here we are now with a revised FFP.
What about 88/87? I rememebr you being higher on the first team table though? Are we talking about the same ones?

5. Am making a loss excluding transfer income/expenditure? So it cant be because of spening money on the transfer market. I guess I was mistaken about making a profit of 100k.
6. And I appreciate the revised FFP, am arguing against my club being lumped together with the richest ones when its anything but.

It's the same for everyone man as it depends on how you are performing. I am on a profit of 3mil so far. That's a gap of 5mil with you having 3 players more according to the new FFP. Unless you buy shit, you will make much more than 5mil from 3 risers.
Yeah am not complaining per se about the new FFP, thinks its much better than the old one.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
What about 88/87? I rememebr you being higher on the first team table though? Are we talking about the same ones?

5. Am making a loss excluding transfer income/expenditure? So it cant be because of spening money on the transfer market. I guess I was mistaken about making a profit of 100k.
6. And I appreciate the revised FFP, am arguing against my club being lumped together with the richest ones when its anything but.

Yeah am not complaining per se about the new FFP, thinks its much better than the old one.
We are talking about the same first team table. I just updated it about 30mins ago when you mentioned it. The last update which was a few weeks ago had you at 7th too. You're actually closer to 4th than you are to 8th! :p

My 88/87 depth has taken a big hit as I've sold 5 of them this year with Knoche at 89 also going. Despite selling all of those and replacing them with 75-78's i'm still making a big loss. But it's now made it a manageable loss at least.

I'll check your finances again in a bit given I know all of the formulas. From memory, I seem to recall that Arsenals attendance figures took a nose dive mid season when he went on that huge slump of form. So I think the attendance figures do adjust pretty quickly to the clubs form.

MJJ

We are talking about the same first team table. I just updated it about 30mins ago when you mentioned it. The last update which was a few weeks ago had you at 7th too. You're actually closer to 4th than you are to 8th! :p

My 88/87 depth has taken a big hit as I've sold 5 of them this year with Knoche at 89 also going. Despite selling all of those and replacing them with 75-78's i'm still making a big loss. But it's now made it a manageable loss at least.

I'll check your finances again in a bit given I know all of the formulas. From memory, I seem to recall that Arsenals attendance figures took a nose dive mid season when he went on that huge slump of form. So I think the attendance figures do adjust pretty quickly to the clubs form.
Thats surprising, I remember my goal was to get in the top half of that table. Must be forgetting something then.

Will keep an eye out on the attendance figure next season to see if this is the case or not, will be cool if it is though.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Do people actually make profits in this? I lose about 900k per away game and make about 100k at home. :lol: AND THE SPURS GO MARCHING ON ON ON

Varun

Staff
No loan limits but perhaps div 1 clubs should only be allowed to loan out 80+ players to unmanaged?
I don't want any restrictions on loans due to the reasons I already mentioned but will go for this if people want.

Varun

Staff
Do people actually make profits in this? I lose about 900k per away game and make about 100k at home. :lol: AND THE SPURS GO MARCHING ON ON ON
It's along similar lines for me with both loss per away game and profit per home game being slightly higher than yours. Surprised to see an overall profit of 3mil in my books so far this season as per my finances. I'll check once I get home, I remember tracking it for about 10 games as I was losing far too much, it's on my laptop.

Edit: AND THE GUNNERS GO CRAWLING ON ON ON!

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Add my idea of 4 players per club to unmanaged sides too!
1. There is not enough quota for everyone
2. If you intend to introduce competition, the big clubs already have advantage on loaning out higher rating players (like 6 players per your case). This will only punish active and smaller clubs like mine

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
It's along similar lines for me with both loss per away game and profit per home game being slightly higher than yours. Surprised to see an overall profit of 3mil in my books so far this season as per my finances. I'll check once I get home, I remember tracking it for about 10 games as I was losing far too much, it's on my laptop.

Edit: AND THE GUNNERS GO CRAWLING ON ON ON!
Its not actually too bad, think in terms of income and expenditure without transfers (my baseline) its about a 6mil loss. A few transfers and hopefully some prize money should see that right.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
A team based loan cap will be very difficult to implement and may not be all that fair either. How about a Division based cap with a small exception of United and Arsenal not being allowed to loan players (because feck them!)? Something like this (assuming 150 available spaces):

Div 3 & 4 (Assuming that they will never at full capacity) - 40
Div 2 - 60
Div 1 - 50

This doesn't really address the main issue though I can't think of anything else.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Attendance Figures:
Arsenal Home Games

G1 - Manchester United (60,354)
G2 - Chelsea (60,343)
G3 - Newcastle United (60,317)
G4 - Milton Keynes Dons (60,339)
G5 - Liverpool (60,337)
G6 - Aston Villa (57,625)
G7 - Stoke City (51,310)
G8 - Tottenham Hotspur (60,351)
G9 - West Ham United (48,327)
G10 - Southampton (44,397)
G11 - Blackburn Rovers (46,661)
G12 - Manchester City (46,285)
G13 - Sunderland (46,064)
G14 - Wolverhampton Wanderers (44,547)
G15 - Everton (48,524)
G16 - Nottingham Forest (48,623)

The loss to Tottenham on Game 8 was when Arsenal went on a slump of 7 games picking up just 1 point. You can see the sharp decline in his figures. Don't make me put in his league position beside each game.

Varun

Staff
Its not actually too bad, think in terms of income and expenditure without transfers (my baseline) its about a 6mil loss. A few transfers and hopefully some prize money should see that right.
Aye. I don't think anyone but United makes any substantial profit anyways. It's just varying degrees of losses or minimal profit where you have been equipped with varying squad caps to compensate for that by making money off risers.

That's why I don't get this proposal to restrict loans on top of that. Every riser makes the club atleast 2.5-3mil if the manager wants a quick buck, more if he goes long term. Extra 7.5k in your stadium capacity isn't going to make that big a difference in the income.

Wanting some cap on loans on top of that so that you can be slow and then keep players you can't afford even after this big advantage is just greedy.