Gaming The SM RedCafe League

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
It's strange how the arguably most used formation in the world; 4-2-3-1, is so ineffective in the game. At least for me. If/when i have 48 points i will try some incredibly illogical tactic, arrows everywhere, in a home-game and see what happens.
The recent Chelsea charge is based on this and all out attack

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Objectives
  1. Help with wages for clubs who do not have huge stadiums
  2. Encourage small clubs to grow by purchasing and loaning out risers
  3. Promote participation of clubs from all Divisions
Scope
  1. Applied to loan to AI clubs only
  2. No restriction on loan from one managed club to another
  3. All clubs must comply with FFP rules
Assumptions
  1. No significant change in player valuation and wage system next season (especially with the impending reload of Game World in Oct)
  2. The pattern of loans has been consistent, and will be similar next season if loan cap is not implemented
  3. Maximum of 50 managed clubs in every season
  4. Average weekly wages (50% of wages for 2 turns) of 1 additional quota is 8,000

Last edited:

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Proposal (con't)
  1. The loan cap is applied until Turn 10 only (inclusive) for each season
  2. If there is any remaining place to loan out players to AI clubs after Turn 10, it is up for grab for everyone

Last edited:

Varun

Staff
How have you worked out the drop in stadium sizes for each incremental increase? Based on calculations from the data you collected? @RedSky

I don't mind the loan cap much as it won't make a huge difference but I don't get the idea behind it. The FFP cap is the maximum number of players you can have, not the number you must. So smaller teams buying much more than they can afford and then having a restriction in place to help them send these players out on loan when they are already being benefitted due to the FFP cap is strange. I'm in for in btw as it's been requested by a quite a few on SM too but it's the logic behind it I'm not sure about.

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!
How have you worked out the drop in stadium sizes for each incremental increase? Based on calculations from the data you collected? @RedSky

I don't mind the loan cap much as it won't make a huge difference but I don't get the idea behind it. The FFP cap is the maximum number of players you can have, not the number you must. So smaller teams buying much more than they can afford and then having a restriction in place to help them send these players out on loan when they are already being benefitted due to the FFP cap is strange. I'm in for in btw as it's been requested by a quite a few on SM too but it's the logic behind it I'm not sure about.
Smaller clubs can only loan out their low-rating players to AI. If bigger clubs monopolize the loan to AI as well, there is not much left for smaller clubs to have

Last edited:

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Even if we only consider the 10 clubs or so with 40k and above stadium capacity, that has already taken up 42% of loans to AI

By introducing loan cap, it will give everyone a relatively fair chance to loan out their players to AI

Last edited:

Varun

Staff
I get all of that @green_smiley. My point wasn't about why people want it. My point simply was that FFP takes care of the fair play bit. The loans are simply a race, you need to get them in time. Having caps here also is strange because if a manager is too slow to get loans done on time, perhaps he shouldn't keep players he can't afford? After all, the FFP limit is the maximum you can have, doesn't mean you have that many in the squad.

As I said, it's just a couple of Mil a season, I don't mind it given so many want it enforced. I just don't agree with the rationale behind it when FFP is already in place and being tweaked again to be fair to everyone. Each riser makes the club a minimum of 2-3mil, that's more than fair according to RSs latest grid. Extra 7.5k isn't going to amount to that much over the season I feel (based on a guess and not stats which is why I asked RS how DM he decided on the numbers).

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!
I get all of that @green_smiley. My point wasn't about why people want it. My point simply was that FFP takes care of the fair play bit. The loans are simply a race, you need to get them in time. Having caps here also is strange because if a manager is too slow to get loans done on time, perhaps he shouldn't keep players he can't afford? After all, the FFP limit is the maximum you can have, doesn't mean you have that many in the squad.

As I said, it's just a couple of Mil a season, I don't mind it given so many want it enforced. I just don't agree with the rationale behind it when FFP is already in place and being tweaked again to be fair to everyone. Each riser makes the club a minimum of 2-3mil, that's more than fair according to RSs latest grid. Extra 7.5k isn't going to amount to that much over the season I feel (based on a guess and not stats which is why I asked RS how DM he decided on the numbers).
The big clubs have advantage to wait and loan for example 82-rated players and above to other managed clubs. The smaller clubs don't because an 82-rated player will be an automatic starter and also because our cnutish chairman won't allow us to do so. Like myself, I can't loan out players with more than 78 rating, and no other managed clubs want to loan my players who have rating of 77 or less

MJJ

The big clubs have advantage to wait and loan for example 82-rated players and above to other managed clubs. The smaller clubs don't because an 82-rated player will be an automatic starter and also because our cnutish chairman won't allow us to do so. Like myself, I can't loan out players with more than 78 rating, and no other managed clubs want to loan my players who have rating of 77 or less
No managed clubs wants an 82 rated player on loan so thats a wrong assumption to begin with.

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Put it this way, as far as I know of, only Norwich wants a loan cap. I don't know if other clubs from Div 2 or lower want it. And if you look at my table, I can loan out more players without loan cap. I don't mind it to be a race. I just want to give the rest a chance

MJJ

Put it this way, as far as I know of, only Norwich wants a loan cap. I don't know if other clubs from Div 2 or lower want it. And if you look at my table, I can loan out more players without loan cap. I don't mind it to be a race. I just want to give the rest a chance
And how about 83-85 rated players? Surely big clubs can loan them out, and will be high in-demand
Generally I find that most managed clubs want players in the 85-87/88 rated bracket and only damien can loan 88 rated players out ( not 100% on this). We have 48 clubs and 175 loan space available. Think having 4 loans per club is fair irrespective of stadium size.

Yes, go to every managed club and see which players they loan
\

:lol: Thats a lot of work! I checked the loanee list and MKD have a couple of 87 rated players available. Whoever loaned a 82 rated player over that is strange.

Varun

Staff
Only RS and Damo can loan out 87(88) rated players. The rest can loan upto a max of 86 or below and with the sheer number of 85-88 rated platers available for loan, it's stupid of whoever is loaning in 82 rated ones.

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Generally I find that most managed clubs want players in the 85-87/88 rated bracket and only damien can loan 88 rated players out ( not 100% on this). We have 48 clubs and 175 loan space available. Think having 4 loans per club is fair irrespective of stadium size.
Say someone who has 6 players out-of-loan to managed clubs, and is the 3rd highest (Utd: 17, Forest: 10)

52 AI clubs x 3 players = 156 loan space available

As per my analysis, you will only make a loss of estimated 1.6M per season with loan cap implemented. 1.6M is almost negligible for you, but is significant for smaller clubs like mine

MJJ

Say someone who has 6 players out-of-loan to managed clubs, and is the 3rd highest (Utd: 17, Forest: 10)

52 AI clubs x 3 players = 156 loan space available

As per my analysis, you will only make a loss of estimated 1.6M per season with loan cap implemented. 1.6M is almost negligible for you, but is significant for smaller clubs like mine
This season I have made a loss of -2,220,896 excluding transfer money in and out( That includes season tickets/prize money,etc) so its really not negligible. FFP has destroyed any chances of signing risers and its impossible to make money without selling players.

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!
This season I have made a loss of -2,220,896 excluding transfer money in and out( That includes season tickets/prize money,etc) so its really not negligible. FFP has destroyed any chances of signing risers and its impossible to make money without selling players.
Why do you want to exclude transfer money in and out?

I lose 300k every week without transfer

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Because its not a fair comparison?

Have lost 29m in that case if that makes your happier.

Whats your total loss so far?
Yes, I am delighted because of your incompetency

I have made my case. Like I said, I am happy either way. If no one other than Norwich wants it, I am perfectly fine with it

Varun

Staff
Yes, I am delighted because of your incompetency

I have made my case. Like I said, I am happy either way. If no one other than Norwich wants it, I am perfectly fine with it
Boom boom.

MJJ, being the generous guy I am, I'll take your 2 best players at face value for pure cash so you can go in the green. :angel:

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!

Edit- you never said how much you have lost in total so far excluding transfer money.
Still at work so I can't log in to SM to tell you the exactly how much. Not does it matters anyway, but most likely less than you because the bigger the club is, the more loss the club can afford to make

MJJ

Boom boom.

MJJ, being the generous guy I am, I'll take your 2 best players at face value for pure cash so you can go in the green. :angel:
I will sell you my two best defenders at 1.5 x the face value.

Still at work so I can't log in to SM to tell you the exactly how much. Not does it matters anyway, but most likely less than you because the bigger the club is, the more loss the club can afford to make

In that case, I really dont see how I am classed as a bigger club when your seasonal income is more than mine.

Varun

Staff
I will sell you my two best defenders at 1.5 x the face value.

In that case, I really dont see how I am classed as a bigger club when your seasonal income is more than mine.
Bid made. Thanks!