Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Varun

Staff
Pathetic to see 3 other clubs going for thiago.

If we're going to do away with such obvious things like these, no point of FFP etc either which is what made the GW so interesting in the first place. Gentlemen agreements can't work if people will ignore it the first chance they get to benefit themselves.

We either sanction the clubs bidding for thiago(say a permanent transfer ban with all managed clubs in the league) or we accept that the GW has gone to the dogs and make everything a free for all and let the big clubs shit on everybody else and lose members like it was before we made changes to make the GW so good. The top 10 or so with money can then enjoy an uncompetitive league with all top players and talents hoarded by a small few.

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Pretty much everything that Game Owner can't control is up to gentlemen agreements

Plymouth doesn't seem to bother about complying with FFP

Those that bid on Thiago are cnuts

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
To be fair, if Herrera bought him for face value then he'd be making a 3.6m profit. I'd feel pissed off however if he bid 23.6m (which he should be) and others still got him. Then i'd start #justice4herrera

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Can we just have Herrera buy him back for 23.6m? The can of worms this would open isn't worth it.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I'd stop my bid if he bid that amount with 2 other conditions he never messages me again and cut the fecking spam. First he had to disclose his bid.
Yeah, as long as he openly bids that amount then that would be a fair solution. In what way does he spam, on the GW messageboard you mean?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
In terms of the Blackburn / MK Dons debate. We do need to be careful, a sheep draft is all well and good, but what happens about Bernat? Most of the big clubs would bid on him so how much is he sold for in a sheep draft? If you're not paying maximum then surely Blackburn will be robbed out of money and if a manager joins in a few weeks/months and picks Blackburn then he doesn't have as much cash as he should have.

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!
In terms of the Blackburn / MK Dons debate. We do need to be careful, a sheep draft is all well and good, but what happens about Bernat? Most of the big clubs would bid on him so how much is he sold for in a sheep draft? If you're not paying maximum then surely Blackburn will be robbed out of money and if a manager joins in a few weeks/months and picks Blackburn then he doesn't have as much cash as he should have.
+20% maybe? AI usually bid 10% extra

Can't go for max as not many clubs can afford

Varun

Staff
Shouldn't be screwing up a potential manager of the club so that someone can get him on the cheap now. In an ideal case, someone from the lower divisions who hasn't been at his club too long should take over.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
So if I win the next game against Lincoln City and AFC Wimbledon either draw or lose then i'm promoted.

Hereford League Form since Phil K took charge:

Won: 24
Draw: 3
Lost: 0

Goals: 83
Goals Conceded: 7
Clean Sheets in Row: 4
League Games Won in Row: 2
League Games Unbeaten in Row: 27

----------------

Games Unbeaten Club Record:

36 - Plymouth Argyle
35 - Darlington
27 - Hereford FC
23 - Liverpool
23 - Southend United

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Shouldn't be screwing up a potential manager of the club so that someone can get him on the cheap now. In an ideal case, someone from the lower divisions who hasn't been at his club too long should take over.
That's why we are waiting 20 days and after 20 days the teams are going to be ripped apart if managers arent found, we might as well as give the lowest value teams the first in draft order otherwise the best will end up with the big teams, its about giving the lesser teams a chance and if no one wants them in 3 weeks will it really make that much of a difference if the players are sold for minimum value.

Varun

Staff
That's why we are waiting 20 days and after 20 days the teams are going to be ripped apart if managers arent found, we might as well as give the lowest value teams the first in draft order otherwise the best will end up with the big teams, its about giving the lesser teams a chance and if no one wants them in 3 weeks will it really make that much of a difference if the players are sold for minimum value.
Someone like bernat would go for max value in an open auction. So, if we do a lottery and it's won by club X, they need to generate that amount of cash and buy him for max so that Blackburn and their future manager don't lose out.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Someone like bernat would go for max value in an open auction. So, if we do a lottery and it's won by club X, they need to generate that amount of cash and buy him for max so that Blackburn and their future manager don't lose out.
If we cant find a manager in the next few weeks i cant really see one taking them over once the squad has gone to shit, and the your way of bidding is just the normal big club wins.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Pathetic to see 3 other clubs going for thiago.

If we're going to do away with such obvious things like these, no point of FFP etc either which is what made the GW so interesting in the first place. Gentlemen agreements can't work if people will ignore it the first chance they get to benefit themselves.

We either sanction the clubs bidding for thiago(say a permanent transfer ban with all managed clubs in the league) or we accept that the GW has gone to the dogs and make everything a free for all and let the big clubs shit on everybody else and lose members like it was before we made changes to make the GW so good. The top 10 or so with money can then enjoy an uncompetitive league with all top players and talents hoarded by a small few.
tldr. Herrera bid for Anthony Lopes so he can feck off.

Sepukku

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't get you people. Everybody is unsatisfied, people quit everyday or change teams. We all know why is that happening. We came to feck everything up because of Anthony fecking Lopes? Wipe and restart, set a max limit of purchased players for first season and reap the benefits afterwards.

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!
I don't get you people. Everybody is unsatisfied, people quit everyday or change teams. We all know why is that happening. We came to feck everything up because of Anthony fecking Lopes? Wipe and restart, set a max limit of purchased players for first season and reap the benefits afterwards.
And why is that happening?

Varun

Staff
Wipe and restart league? What better moment?
What would it solve? People are willing to feck everyone up because of bloody thiago. A game like this where the game owner has limited control can only run if people honour the gentlemen agreements in place. It was good while it lasted but it's come to a stage where people aren't willing to do that as long as they can use a convenient excuse. Starting a new league with similar rules will again need people to honour the agreements they aren't willing to honour now or have no rules like is the case with most GWs but then you don't have anywhere near as much competition as big clubs dominate everything.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
dont want to restart, just want to see how the youth i have amassed progresses

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!
What would it solve? People are willing to feck everyone up because of bloody thiago. A game like this where the game owner has limited control can only run if people honour the gentlemen agreements in place. It was good while it lasted but it's come to a stage where people aren't willing to do that as long as they can use a convenient excuse. Starting a new league with similar rules will again need people to honour the agreements they aren't willing to honour now or have no rules like is the case with most GWs but then you don't have anywhere near as much competition as big clubs dominate everything.
Yup, a GW is only as good as the managers in-play

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Many of us have been invested in our teams for years. League going to shit isn't because of Anthony Lopes, its to do with some deciding that signing Thiago is more important than the league itself and don't give a shit that a lot of managers will now leave because of it. It's ridiculous and pisses me off.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
I'd withdraw if the others do but i doubt they will so why the feck should i take the moral high ground?