The state of Guardiola | Regrets Redmond incident

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think you're using big words like 'repulsive' way too easily. Nothing Pep ever did for example is worse that what Mourinho did to Vilanova while on the bench for Madrid. If we're talking about character and behaviour, United fans should just accept that their manager is more of a thug and a jerk than Guardiola.
And less doper?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You got it wrong. People don't worship Pep or anything. If he played ugly football no one would give a rat's ass about him. But he doesn't. He plays the most good looking football in the world, and that's why people watch and support that. Has nothing to do with a 'cult', it's perfectly rational to be drawn by good football. Everything else is secondary, exactly because most football fans don't really care about Pep as a person, but about the brand of football he plays.

I mean, who gives a shit if a manager - any manager - just goes outside of his area to celebrate a last minute goal? It's just pointless talking, more like football gossip. Trying to construct big news out of mundane football happenings.

A cult following would be if he'd play shit football and people would be oddly crazy about him. Not really the case, is it?
A cult following would explain the conversation I quoted in that post. The whole Sancho vs Gomes thing. People willing to twist logic all out of shape, so long as it makes "their guy" look good.

SER19

I think you're using big words like 'repulsive' way too easily. Nothing Pep ever did for example is worse that what Mourinho did to Vilanova while on the bench for Madrid, physically poking his eye. If we're talking about character and behaviour, United fans should just accept that their manager is more of a thug and a jerk than Guardiola.

Going for the character of Pep is pretty hypocritical when your team is managed by Mourinho.
I don't disagree with that but don't understand why mourinho must be drawn into almost every single stand alone statement about guardiola. The diving, cheating, harassing of refs etc of that Barca team was a major blight on an undoubtedly great team. For me it made them very hard to love

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
A cult following would explain the conversation I quoted in that post. The whole Sancho vs Gomes thing. People willing to twist logic all out of shape, so long as it makes "their guy" look good.
That's one post. It doesn't show a tendency of any sorts.

SER19

It's the universal problem of people always wanting to be at one end of a spectrum. It's ok to be balanced. Same mad thinking applies to all aspects of life , feminism being an obvious example

Infestissumam

I don't disagree with that but don't understand why mourinho must be drawn into almost every single stand alone statement about guardiola.
it's a classic whataboutism. I don't get it either, but that whole "you can't criticize player/manager x because player/manager y is just as bad" thing seems to be quite popular.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Did you see the video Pogue posted? This is the first time I've seen it, and my first thought isn't "praising" tbh.
He probably did include 'you are a good player' in the middle of the whole meltdown but I doubt this was the main point of his message.

Reyoji-Utd

Pep and many other managers have been getting away or receiving different officiating standards compare to Mourinho since last season.

It’s really funny and hypocritical when on one side pep is getting praise for his acute belief of how to play football (try to play football) certain way even when he criticizes other managers/players how they should play football. Then, Mourinho or many other managers shouldn’t receive any criticism whatsoever just because they way of playing football is different from so call genius pep.

IMO different style of football is what making football so magical.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He probably did include 'you are a good player' in the middle of the whole meltdown but I doubt this was the main point of his message.
Unless he felt the need to shout, point and borderline put his hand on Redmond in order to "get his message of praise" through, then maybe yeah!

Sarni

He thinks Nolito who played from lower division team and made debut when he was 24 as promoting young players. I'm not even joking.

Nolito was fecking 24 when he played for the first time for Barca senior side, he was signed as a 20 year old youngster and played 3 years with Barca B but somehow that counts as promoting youth. That's a level of delusion we are talking about here.
It's cute that he also includes Kimmich, a player who was bought from Leipzig. It's a bit like including Lukaku as a player Mourinho has given debut to at United.

And Pique, a player who a full season as United back up center half, a full season at Zaragoza, and was also bought by Barcelona for a fee.

Vast majority of the players he gave debut to never really went on to be any good either, so you could say that he's good at giving debuts to young players (not even sure that's true considering he barely gave any debuts at Bayern) but struggles to actually develop them which is a nice turn.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's cute that he also includes Kimmich, a player who was bought from Leipzig. It's a bit like including Lukaku as a player Mourinho has given debut to at United.
Yeah, I said the same thing in conversation. Like always goal posts moved and more bs is posted.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
The intensity has dropped massively from their game so I reckon the results will follow suit before too long, and I can't see Guardiola handling it well.

The problem with playing the way they do is it isn't sustainable for an entire season, and when the intensity drops off you have to win games in a completely different way. Not even at Christmas yet and they have two games a week right through until the new year, so they just aren't going to get that intensity back now, and can't keep relying on waiting until the 96th minute to scrape out a win.

They deserve to be where they are without doubt, but don't think it's as over or as much of a one/two horse race as people make out. Us and Chelsea both play in a way you know is possible to keep up for the duration of a season. City play in a way that almost definitely isn't.
Relatively more shitty? Because it looks that way, going by the table and the eye test.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I think you're using big words like 'repulsive' way too easily. Nothing Pep ever did for example is worse that what Mourinho did to Vilanova while on the bench for Madrid, physically poking his eye. If we're talking about character and behaviour, United fans should just accept that their manager is more of a thug and a jerk than Guardiola.

Going for the character of Pep is pretty hypocritical when your team is managed by Mourinho.
When you speak of character, being a jerk and so on, it's probably better to hear from the people who actually worked with both of them. Even KDB didn't have a bad word for Jose, unlike some for Pep.

http://www.squawka.com/news/10-foot...-and-pep-guardiola/768175#MTs5LjrTumkWxLU8.97

Virror

Its not that strange that pep behaves oddly and twitchy, I mean how comfortable can it be to have fcbarca inside your rectum

Womp

idiot
Why is Jose brought into any discussion about Pep? You'd be hard done finding anyone who says Jose isn't a tosser. He'd say so himself tbh. That doesn't detract from the fact that Pep is a fecking weirdo, though.

Hiding behind 'passion' isn't a valid excuse for that weird shite he pulled. The same way Jose can't use passion as an excuse for gouging people's eyes out or telling his medical staff to get fecked.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I did find the gesticulation and touching of an opposition player very weird.

Would be interesting to get Redmond's take of the situation, whether it happened like Guardiola said it did.

And regarding the state of Guardiola, if you mean psychological I think he's fine. A bit quirky, but most people at the top of their profession are.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona

Sarni

When you speak of character, being a jerk and so on, it's probably better to hear from the people who actually worked with both of them. Even KDB didn't have a bad word for Jose, unlike some for Pep.

http://www.squawka.com/news/10-foot...-and-pep-guardiola/768175#MTs5LjrTumkWxLU8.97
Can't help but love Zlatan :lol:

Ibrahimović on Mourinho: “That guy says whatever he wants. I like him. He’s the leader of his army. But he cares, too. Mourinho would become a guy I was basically willing to die for.”

Ibrahimović on Guardiola: “Guardiola started his philosopher thing. I was barely listening. Why would I? It was advanced b******t about blood, sweat and tears, that kind of stuff.”

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Oh Zlatan, true, one of a kind :lol:. The man who drove his Ferrari on training when Messi and everyone drove their sponsor car, Audi. Then complained he didn't fit.

I don't really blame Pep for how he handled Ibrahimovic, but I blame him a lot for bringing him at Barca. What was he thinking? :lol:

Womp

idiot
Oh Zlatan, true, one of a kind :lol:. The man who drove his Ferrari on training when Messi and everyone drove their sponsor car, Audi. Then complained he didn't fit.

I don't really blame Pep for how he handled Ibrahimovic, but I blame him a lot for bringing him at Barca. What was he thinking? :lol:
What was even more baffling was letting Eto'o go and to a manager like Jose of all managers. Was an odd series of events that one was.

SER19

In starting this thread i opened a can of worms for sure, many really hate guardiola. But having skirted on the periphery of many threads about him and mourinho I never ever realised how many people seem to be genuine supporters of his. Not his teams, but him. It's very very weird to see this sort of worship of a manager.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
What was even more baffling was letting Eto'o go and to a manager like Jose of all managers. Was an odd series of events that one was.
Eto'o + a lot of cash. :lol: After Eto'o was key in the 2009 treble. That move alone cost him the 2010 CL. No doubt in my mind. Must have been some bad blood between them.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Guy is an utter cnut.

Imagine any other manager getting a 95th minute winner and then shouting in the face of a player for the losing side after the final whistle.

Redmond would've been within his rights to shove the prick out of the way.

SER19

Guy is an utter cnut.

Imagine any other manager getting a 95th minute winner and then shouting in the face of a player for the losing side after the final whistle.

Redmond would've been within his rights to shove the prick out of the way.
Surprised he didn't to be honest, he laid hands On him twice. Inexplicable

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

Yeah, the problem was clearly about the car. :lol:

Maybe Messi can't fit into Ferrari or some other car.

Zlatan does look like a guy who will definitely resent you if don't say to him things face to face. Well, most people will.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not at all, Sancho & his advisers wanted playing assurances and few coaches would ensure that for a 17 year old. His was more a case of money and 'managers' pushing to make a deal than not being counted on

Still doesn't seem to have found any regular minutes at Dortmund either
What? :lol:

You do realise there were numerous articles stating City offered Sancho £30k a week?

Womp

idiot
"Fraudiola"

Doesn't seem like a fraud to me
Ah you see my friend that's where you're wrong. He absolutely is a fraud, a fraud of a human. He's actually part of a species of Lizardmen, alongside other well known celebrities such as Britney Spears and Donald Trump.

Varun

Staff
Funny how the defence to Pep being a cnut is that Jose is one too.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Is this a new thing for some people? I love the football he gets his teams to play but he's always been a dick. As a guy I cannot stand him.

It would be interesting to hear Redmond's side on that exchange yesterday. Everybody just going by the looks of it, without an idea of what was being said.
Redmond's always come across as a decent lad whereas Pep's always been a douchebag. I don't think we're reaching too deep by saying Pep's being a dick here. He's an odd one.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Yeah, the problem was clearly about the car. :lol:
Maybe Messi can't fit into Ferrari or some other car.
"I'd already got the impression that Barcelona was a little like being back at Ajax, it was like being back at school. None of the lads acted like superstars, which was strange. The whole gang – they were like schoolboys. The best footballers in the world stood there with their heads bowed, and I didn't understand any of it. It was ridiculous", quote from Zlatan about his time at Barcelona.

Zlatan basically thought the best footbalers in the world should behave like egotistical superstars. That's why he failed at Barcelona. Not (just) because of Pep. He just didn't fit in with the club's culture and philosophy at the time. And there was no way that the club's culture could change for him. He either accepted that or got out. And he got out.

Basically great example of player - team being a horrible fit.

iamreddevil

I dig it. We have those on our Barca forum as well. :lol: About Ronaldo most often.
So the discussion is about Pep and his antics last night. So in defence of him what do we have - Jose is this & Jose is that; Replace This and That with whatever suits your agenda. Once the forum calls you out on this - You change the topic to Ronnie. I doff my hat off to these fanboys!