Television The Traitors (BBC) | If you've not watched it all, beware if you enter this thread as a bunch are talking without using spoilers

CallyRed

Alex is perfect, she's highly likely to accept as she'd love the ego trip of being selected, and the heat is off her after Toms removal.

Great episode again, Will has bought himself some time, and it's quite funny Maddy still didn't bring him down and now probably doesn't have the numbers :lol:

So everytime a traitor does can they recruit? Seems a little daft as that Stacks the deck somewhat.
Did wonder if he would have considered choosing Maddy for a second but maybe that might have looked suspicious if all of a sudden she went off him. Think Alex will accept as she probably feels has more of a chance of winning and having lost Tom etc.

Finally a decent TV programme on the BBC that the license fee pays for.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Did wonder if he would have considered choosing Maddy for a second but maybe that might have looked suspicious if all of a sudden she went off him. Think Alex will accept as she probably feels has more of a chance of winning and having lost Tom etc.

Finally a decent TV programme on the BBC that the license fee pays for.
Thought it looked rubbish at first but now me and my partner love it :lol:

DON’T PANIC ™

I think they’d have been better picking one of the new guys as a traitor. Particularly as they are both forming bonds with Maddie and not likely to be suspected.

It’s a great show, shame we have to wait until Wednesday for the next one.

CallyRed

Thought it looked rubbish at first but now me and my partner love it :lol:
Exactly the same. I thought it was a drama from the trailers then a Scottish version of Love island until I saw the granny.

CallyRed

also think Amanda should have voted out Wilf. Alyssa would have been easier for her to manipulate and Wilf has shown he can backstab

RedDevilRoshi

Best show on terrestrial tv by a distance! Gutted we have to wait till next week now.

Wilf betraying Alyssa wasn’t something I was expecting to see happen but he played it very clever in the end. The direction in which the realm table banishment discussion was going if he never backstabbed against one of his fellow traitors, who was already beginning to become under increasing pressure from the faithfuls, then he was a goner. Would have given Maddy the biggest smirk imaginable and sort of make herself look invincible that she’s finally managed to get Wilf eliminated and no doubt get more people on her side to trust her.

Alex is so going to throw Wilf/Amanda under the bus if she is recruited. They should've got Amos on side.
100%. Amos would have been a very good choice. New and comes across trustworthy amongst his fellow players. Looking at the trailer, it comes across that Alex has unsurprisingly accepted the invite and become a traitor as you can hear the faithfuls mentioning someone has been recruited at the breakfast table in that clip. Alex will love having the ego and power especially now that the mind-reading magician Tom isn’t there. If push comes to shove, she will 100% definitely throw Amanda & Wilf under the bus.

also think Amanda should have voted out Wilf. Alyssa would have been easier for her to manipulate and Wilf has shown he can backstab
Both me and my wife thought she was going to vote for Wilf. The look she gave him the moment he went against Alyssa at the realm table was a sort of this guy simply can’t be trusted if he’s going to throw a traitor under the bus and who’s to say he will do the exact same to me which let’s be fair, of course he will if needs be.

Last edited:

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I think Amanda got it right. Wil hitting Alyssa looked more organic than the other way around, as Alyssa would have voted to save her skin anyway, and though Maddie will still be gunning for him he will probably get a break for at least a vote or two. Alex is a bitch so will certainly accept the offer, I think that played the bigger role in her being chosen than her position in the game (which isn't terrible given people have cooled on her after the Tom debacle). Once the group figure someone has been recruited, which it sounds like they've done the very next morning, she could come into the frame but the traitors have probably thought 'a bird in the hand' by getting her rather than potentially wasting the power on Amos or Kieran. Amanda is by far the evils' biggest asset anyway as she's insanely under the radar, and has played a blinder so far.

Also if you fancy a game of Werewolves on the caf jump on in this Sunday. I'm an unashamed social deduction anorak and I think stuff like this show, Werewolves, Blood on the Clocktower etc. is some of the best fun you can have.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I'm on episode 4. This show is JUICY.

The village is terrible. Only person that's "caught" a wolf is Maddy and for all the wrong reasons. A broken clock is right twice a day and all that. Suppose online you get the privilege of going through posts and somewhat thinking about your posts, whereas these lot are high on emotion and it'll be their downfall. Lots of "You accuse me? Nah you're a wolf." The likes of that Theo kid voting Imran because he thinks his bestie was slaughtered to get at him. Muppet.

Forgot her name, think it's alyssia, but she will fold the second proper pressure gets put on her. That wilf will be fine if he can survive Maddy. The old Welsh bird will be fine until the end where the village cotton on that she's not done anything and has had a free ride.

That John might be the worse. Talked about Aaron's performance then runs out the room the next morning? Seasoned wolves would have this village for breakfast no questions asked. This wolf team I can see fumbling the bag very soon.

They're all too emotional and a little wreckless. I imagine Imran probably would have been the best player in the end had he had more time tbh.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

The village is terrible. Only person that's "caught" a wolf is Maddy and for all the wrong reasons. A broken clock is right twice a day and all that. Suppose online you get the privilege of going through posts and somewhat thinking about your posts, whereas these lot are high on emotion and it'll be their downfall. Lots of "You accuse me? Nah you're a wolf." The likes of that Theo kid voting Imran because he thinks his bestie was slaughtered to get at him. Muppet.
He voted Imran for no other reason than he didn't like him. Theo's an emotional guy whereas Imran has that analytical smugness to him. I started off disliking Imran as a bit of a smug cnut but grew to much prefer his attitude towards the game than the likes of Theo who take everything very personally.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Can they kick out the one that accuses Will everytime? Doing my head in that she's right but on complete accident and smug as hell :lol:Fully want the traitors to win.
I want the evils to win just because of her. It's not even that she's right for the wrong reasons, it's that she keeps hammering down her shit reasons every morning and every lynch andis behaving so smug. Id maybe lynch Aaron just to see her reaction.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
For any of ye who feel like playing a similar game here on the caf, we have one starting on Sunday in the newbies. Requires a bit of time for a few days, but nothing crazy. Let me know if you want in - we have 14 signed up so far.

Berbasbullet

I want the evils to win just because of her. It's not even that she's right for the wrong reasons, it's that she keeps hammering down her shit reasons every morning and every lynch andis behaving so smug. Id maybe lynch Aaron just to see her reaction.
Oh yeah I really want the wolves to win, be a little more fun to see them do it, and yes partly because of her. :lol:

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Oh yeah I really want the wolves to win, be a little more fun to see them do it, and yes partly because of her. :lol:
Tbf she is sticking to what she thinks, nothing has really happened that should make her change her mind, and her pressure on him played a big role in that banishment being between 2 wolves.

Berbasbullet

Tbf she is sticking to what she thinks, nothing has really happened that should make her change her mind, and her pressure on him played a big role in that banishment being between 2 wolves.
was pure luck though and the other two she thought were wrong too, she's just being stubborn and getting lucky.

CallyRed

was pure luck though and the other two she thought were wrong too, she's just being stubborn and getting lucky.
The way she went after Meryl when Tom left made me laugh. Now Meryl is just going after her in retaliation :lol:

Stookie

Nurse bell end

Forgot her name, think it's alyssia, but she will fold the second proper pressure gets put on her. That wilf will be fine if he can survive Maddy. The old Welsh bird will be fine until the end where the village cotton on that she's not done anything and has had a free ride.

That John might be the worse. Talked about Aaron's performance then runs out the room the next morning? Seasoned wolves would have this village for breakfast no questions asked. This wolf team I can see fumbling the bag very soon.

They're all too emotional and a little wreckless. I imagine Imran probably would have been the best player in the end had he had more time tbh.
It really is good. Whatever you do- don’t read the spoilers till you’ve caught up. I know what I’m like and I can’t help myself :lol:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I think Amanda got it right. Wil hitting Alyssa looked more organic than the other way around, as Alyssa would have voted to save her skin anyway, and though Maddie will still be gunning for him he will probably get a break for at least a vote or two. Alex is a bitch so will certainly accept the offer, I think that played the bigger role in her being chosen than her position in the game (which isn't terrible given people have cooled on her after the Tom debacle). Once the group figure someone has been recruited, which it sounds like they've done the very next morning, she could come into the frame but the traitors have probably thought 'a bird in the hand' by getting her rather than potentially wasting the power on Amos or Kieran. Amanda is by far the evils' biggest asset anyway as she's insanely under the radar, and has played a blinder so far.

Also if you fancy a game of Werewolves on the caf jump on in this Sunday. I'm an unashamed social deduction anorak and I think stuff like this show, Werewolves, Blood on the Clocktower etc. is some of the best fun you can have.
Most people can't see the newbies but if anyone does want in I'll give them newbie access.

Wilf made the right play going for Alyssa like that. Wasn't sure if Amanda would have seen it the same but she made the right decision.

No point in recruiting Maddie because the attention will be on her for going for Wilf constantly only for him to end up voting a traitor off. Was funny seeing Kieran and Amos hug him after Alyssa went.

Alex, Amos or Kieran were really the only options and the latter two I'd be more hesitant to go for because the attention of the Faithfuls would/should be on them following knowing that someone has been recruited.

sebsheep

There's always going to be a bit of luck/guessing when you have so little information. Guy looks like he's going to crack everytime he's at that table atm. Her theory may be miles off but the way he's acting wouldn't make me want to leave him alone.
It's not like there has been even a half decent reason for the other faithfuls being voted off anyway.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
was thinking about when Alyssa got banished and she had to stand up and tell whether was a traitor or not. The way Wilf threw her under the bus, what was stopping her doing the same out of spite when she left? ‘Yes I am a traitor. Sorry. But before I go, so is Wilf, see ya’ and walking out? I think if I got backstabbed like that that’s what I’d do. Or is there a rule in place? Because I thought at the beginning when they signed their traitor contracts they had to support each other at all times?

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
was thinking about when Alyssa got banished and she had to stand up and tell whether was a traitor or not. The way Wilf threw her under the bus, what was stopping her doing the same out of spite when she left? ‘Yes I am a traitor. Sorry. But before I go, so is Wilf, see ya’ and walking out? I think if I got backstabbed like that that’s what I’d do. Or is there a rule in place? Because I thought at the beginning when they signed their traitor contracts they had to support each other at all times?
who's to say she's telling the truth?

Damien

Staff
The Traitor's oath:

Do you promise to lie and deceive throughout the game?
Are you willing to murder a fellow player every night?
Do you vow to keep your identity and the identity of your fellow traitors a secret?

Last bit applies to when you get banished, you can't just say I am a traitor and so is x. I'm sure there'll have been stuff going on in the traitors tower that we've not seen as well, so though in this case it is unlikely they talked and said if it comes down to it we'll have to accuse each other (because Alyssa and Amanda's reactions made it clear that didn't happen), that is something they can do and is typical in these kinds of games.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
On a side note, alyssia voting wilf clearly because he voted her is one of the dumbest plays she could have made on her way out. She made it clear up until then that she didn't think he was a wolf and then suddenly votes for him? I'd be asking questions about that but I don't think the village will.

CallyRed

On a side note, alyssia voting wilf clearly because he voted her is one of the dumbest plays she could have made on her way out. She made it clear up until then that she didn't think he was a wolf and then suddenly votes for him? I'd be asking questions about that but I don't think the village will.

Yeah considering she was going after Alex to then change her mind like that

Stookie

Nurse bell end
who's to say she's telling the truth?
The Traitor's oath:

Do you promise to lie and deceive throughout the game?
Are you willing to murder a fellow player every night?
Do you vow to keep your identity and the identity of your fellow traitors a secret?

Last bit applies to when you get banished, you can't just say I am a traitor and so is x. I'm sure there'll have been stuff going on in the traitors tower that we've not seen as well, so though in this case it is unlikely they talked and said if it comes down to it we'll have to accuse each other (because Alyssa and Amanda's reactions made it clear that didn't happen), that is something they can do and is typical in these kinds of games.
Both good points, probably why I’d be terrible at this game! Id let emotions get the better of me!
think the faithful may have taken note and it may get raised in the next episode. But they could just be thinking it was a ‘well he voted for me so I’m voting for him’ kinda thing. But yeah I’d be looking at that for sure. I think he’s still on dogdy territory even though they were all hugging him at the end. [\spoiler]

Damien

Staff
think the faithful may have taken note and it may get raised in the next episode. But they could just be thinking it was a ‘well he voted for me so I’m voting for him’ kinda thing. But yeah I’d be looking at that for sure. I think he’s still on dogdy territory even though they were all hugging him at the end. [\spoiler]
I don't think they'll look at it too much and just see it as her trying to save her skin to try and stay in to get closer to the £120k by voting for the one person who was going to get loads of votes as well as the person who went at her saying he was going to vote her. In Caf WW it would be something that would be noted and picked at though.

sebsheep

Not 1 vote for Wilf, the guy was sitting at the table looking awfully worried as Alex told everyone and nobody noticed :lol:
People keep talking about people who aren't getting heat and then Amanda pipes up... She's not getting any heat either people.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Not 1 vote for Wilf, the guy was sitting at the table looking awfully worried as Alex told everyone and nobody noticed :lol:
People keep talking about people who aren't getting heat and then Amanda pipes up... She's not getting any heat either people.
I think he low key suspects Amanda the way he put her on the spot at lynch. The traitors would be stupid not to get rid of him early and nip that in the bud, they were completely right in saying he'd be the one to sus them out.

2 episodes ago it looked as if the traitors were gonna run away with it and it feels as if producers have stepped in a little to give the village the best chance possible. Alex saying no is a double whammy.

Feels like Maddy will finally cool off on Aaron and wilf. If they can somehow engineer Aaron getting voted off, might be an idea to recruit Maddy since there's a plausible reason as to why she's cooled on wilf. Whether she accepts is a different story.

RedDevilRoshi

Myself like a few others got the Alex to accept the traitor invite completely wrong. Personally thought she was going to accept just to make the show even more interesting.

When Amos mentioned at the realm table about the one person that hasn’t been challenged, I was hoping it was going to be Amanda just to see how’d she cope of being put under the microscope of being accused and potentially found out as a traitor.

Regarding who the traitors are going to eliminate, I’m hoping it’s Alex but I think it’ll be Amos. He’s not afraid to put certain people on the spot, as we saw in this episode, that none of the other contestants would. I think Amos could eventually suss out who is a traitor and who isn’t plus he seems to be well respected amongst his fellow contestants which will make them inclined to follow his word. Makes eliminating him even more of a sensible choice between him and Alex even though I’d rather it was the latter.

sebsheep

I think he low key suspects Amanda the way he put her on the spot at lynch. The traitors would be stupid not to get rid of him early and nip that in the bud, they were completely right in saying he'd be the one to sus them out.

2 episodes ago it looked as if the traitors were gonna run away with it and it feels as if producers have stepped in a little to give the village the best chance possible. Alex saying no is a double whammy.

Feels like Maddy will finally cool off on Aaron and wilf. If they can somehow engineer Aaron getting voted off, might be an idea to recruit Maddy since there's a plausible reason as to why she's cooled on wilf. Whether she accepts is a different story.
Myself like a few others got the Alex to accept the traitor invite completely wrong. Personally thought she was going to accept just to make the show even more interesting.

When Amos mentioned at the realm table about the one person that hasn’t been challenged, I was hoping it was going to be Amanda just to see how’d she cope of being put under the microscope of being accused and potentially found out as a traitor.

Regarding who the traitors are going to eliminate, I’m hoping it’s Alex but I think it’ll be Amos. He’s not afraid to put certain people on the spot, as we saw in this episode, that none of the other contestants would. I think Amos could eventually suss out who is a traitor and who isn’t plus he seems to be well respected amongst his fellow contestants which will make them inclined to follow his word. Makes eliminating him even more of a sensible choice between him and Alex even though I’d rather it was the latter.
Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if Amos was killed off, it's a strong pairing with Alex, especially after the failed recruitment.

In terms of producers stepping in, I don't really think they needed to, it's just how WW can go.

The murder in plain sight might be interesting tonight.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if Amos was killed off, it's a strong pairing with Alex, especially after the failed recruitment.

In terms of producers stepping in, I don't really think they needed to, it's just how WW can go.

Be very interesting if we could incorporate that into a werewolf game

Damien

Staff
Can kinda see why Alex turned it down but her logic that she thought she could make it further after turning it down was daft. Once she said "no" any reason for the Traitors to keep her in was out the window.

RedDevilRoshi

Intrigued to see how that works tonight.

CallyRed

Sadly it's on tomorrow. Some football match is on bbc1 this evening

sebsheep

Can kinda see why Alex turned it down but her logic that she thought she could make it further after turning it down was daft. Once she said "no" any reason for the Traitors to keep her in was out the window.
Yeah, being seen as 1 of the most trusted faithfuls isn't exactly good for your health. She might be able to lead the group a day if she has any suspects based on who she thinks may have tried to recruit her.

Berbasbullet

Yeah Amos has to go, he's confident, a leader and intelligent. He'd be top of my list. Keep Maddie in cos she has no credibility. Really gutted it wasn't on today.