Television The Traitors (BBC) | If you've not watched it all, beware if you enter this thread as a bunch are talking without using spoilers

Fully Fledged

Wilf really needs a monumental feck up to lose. Basically as long as Hannah remains in his corner, he just needs to convince 1 of Meryl or Aaron to vote Kieran (or vote Aaron out first, whoever Meryl looks like she is going to go for). He really has to monumentally balls this up to lose. Meryl seems to be easily swayed and it seems she will more like follow Hannah than the others as it stands.
Totally agree.

RedDevilRoshi

I think with the new turn of events it gives him an out. there needs to be a traitor found before the team will agree to end the game.
Which looks like is his gameplan. Hannah was going to vote for either Aaron or Kieran tonight as was Meryl before Maddy fecked it up at the round table. Meryl for me is the key here for Wilf, get her on his side when they head into that round table and he’s won.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Which looks like is his gameplan. Hannah was going to vote for either Aaron or Kieran tonight as was Meryl before Maddy fecked it up at the round table. Meryl for me is the key here for Wilf, get her on his side when they head into that round table and he’s won.
Yup. I wonder if the right play though is to get Aaron voted off first. He’s a bit of a wildcard too. If they vote Kieran first, then with 4 players left you wonder if they’re more likely to second guess if any Traitors left. If they vote Aaron off, then when they then vote Kieran, they’ll either end it or Hannah and Wilf might turn on Meryl. There is also this strange incentive to vote even if they don’t think there’s any left though, because I guess less faithfuls means more money per person. So I wonder if Wilf’s right play is to convince Hannah to keep voting on the basis that they’re both Faithful until they’re the only two left. I don’t think Kieran can turn on Wilf because he doesn’t have the support. The only way he has any chance is if he convinces Aaron and Meryl, of Wilf fecks up. Wilf has a lot of routes to victory but he just needs to play clever and go in with a strategy and stick to it.

CallyRed

I love the fact Hannah kept saying it's 100% not Wil. I really hope he wins and I can't wait to see their reactions. I have a feeling Meryl and Hannah will be the final faithfuls left, and Wil to take the money. He has played a great game but made a mistake with hiring Kieran as a traitor.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I love the fact Hannah kept saying it's 100% not Wil. I really hope he wins and I can't wait to see their reactions. I have a feeling Meryl and Hannah will be the final faithfuls left, and Wil to take the money. He has played a great game but made a mistake with hiring Kieran as a traitor.
He's such a bad traitor (Kieran), basically giving away that it's both of them and gone from calm to super angry. Funny that Wilf genuinely didn't chuck him under a bus, but one comment from Maddy and gloves are off.

Kieran is smart enough to know that he needs Wilf votes out, I'd be planting seeds about Wilf now.

Fully Fledged

Yeah

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Bonkers, right? Unless she had magic dust sprinkled over her before the last day, she will look incredibly stupid. But it’ll probably also be quite sad to see how she reacts when she finds out he is a Traitor, especially when it is a very real possibility that it could be just them two left. She hasn’t taken personal betrayal well at all throughout this show, actually worry how she would handle it if it does end up this way.
I'm not sure she will reconsider, it's very much an emotions clouding any logic thing and despite seeing multiple other people fall into that same trap she's so protective of him that I'm actually surprised she hasn't picked up more heat, like nobody should ever feel that certain about anyone in a game like this.
You probably don't really want to admit you've been fooled either.

I don't see her taking it well at all, especially if they're the last two.

Murder choice wise the traitors have done well I think but there is no way I'm having people bring so certain on Wilf when he looks shifty every time you see him. :lol:
We've not really seen too much analysis from the group and only Fay mentioned that she was even keeping tabs on who people voted for. As it stands I see the traitor victory, but they could easily screw it up because they really don't trust each other.

CallyRed

Ended up watching last night's episode rather than the second half even though I could have just downloaded it from iPlayer. Not even the lure of Burnley was enough.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
The triple whammy of the recruit, murder and the recruitment not being announced to the Faithfuls was way too much in the Traitors favour. Now, there's no way they'll be thinking there are four Traitors and (assuming the alignments are announced) will call the game as soon as a Traitor is banished.

Whatever happens, Kieran and Wilf will turn on each other early. So far Meryl and Hannah look more to be siding with Wilf but anything could happen tonight. Will watch first half of the City Liverpool game then watching this live for the remainder.

sebsheep

The triple whammy of the recruit, murder and the recruitment not being announced to the Faithfuls was way too much in the Traitors favour. Now, there's no way they'll be thinking there are four Traitors and (assuming the alignments are announced) will call the game as soon as a Traitor is banished.

Whatever happens, Kieran and Wilf will turn on each other early. So far Meryl and Hannah look more to be siding with Wilf but anything could happen tonight. Will watch first half of the City Liverpool game then watching this live for the remainder.

Skewed the game too much I think, too late in the game to do it in that way. I only see Aaron asking the question if they get rid of Kieran, from the remaining faithful players.
That clip made me laugh so much :lol:
/ISPOILER]

RedDevilRoshi

Yup. I wonder if the right play though is to get Aaron voted off first. He’s a bit of a wildcard too. If they vote Kieran first, then with 4 players left you wonder if they’re more likely to second guess if any Traitors left. If they vote Aaron off, then when they then vote Kieran, they’ll either end it or Hannah and Wilf might turn on Meryl. There is also this strange incentive to vote even if they don’t think there’s any left though, because I guess less faithfuls means more money per person. So I wonder if Wilf’s right play is to convince Hannah to keep voting on the basis that they’re both Faithful until they’re the only two left. I don’t think Kieran can turn on Wilf because he doesn’t have the support. The only way he has any chance is if he convinces Aaron and Meryl, of Wilf fecks up. Wilf has a lot of routes to victory but he just needs to play clever and go in with a strategy and stick to it.
I’m personally not sure if getting Aaron voted off first is the correct call as whoever initiates the group to vote off Aaron first is simply going to then have their work cut out if they want to make it to the end when he eventually unveils himself as a faithful. They will obviously end up being accused as the remaining traitor left (as I don’t think they realise that there are two traitors left rather than one).

I think if Kieran goes first then they will just call the game and be confident they’ve won. If Wilf keeps pushing for Hannah to keep voting after Kieran’s elimination then I’m sure even she will begin to start having reservations to trust Wilf. Simply if Kieran goes then Wilf is the winner and that’s what I’m sure he is praying for tonight. He’d be foolish to keep persuading Hannah to vote when he doesn’t need to once Kieran is gone.

From what we’ve seen so far, Hannah ain’t going to vote to eliminate Wilf unless she has a huge change of heart. As we both agreed on, the key tactic for Wilf is simply getting one of Meryl (most likely) or Aaron on his side to eliminate Kieran from the game and the other way around, I’m sure that’s going to be Kieran’s strategy tonight too in order to eliminate Wilf. Yep, agree with you that Wilf is firmly in the driving seat and it’s going to take a monumental feck up if he doesn’t win it now.

Last edited:

Fully Fledged

I’m personally not sure if getting Aaron voted off first is the correct call as whoever initiates the group to vote off Aaron first is simply going to then have their work cut out if they want to make it to the end when he eventually unveils himself as a faithful. They will obviously end up being accused as the remaining traitor left (as I don’t think they realise that there are four traitors left rather than one).

I think if Kieran goes first then they will just call the game and be confident they’ve won. If Wilf keeps pushing for Hannah to keep voting after Kieran’s elimination then I’m sure even she will begin to start having reservations to trust Wilf. Simply if Kieran goes then Wilf is the winner and that’s what I’m sure he is praying for tonight. He’d be foolish to keep persuading Hannah to vote when he doesn’t need to once Kieran is gone.

From what we’ve seen so far, Hannah ain’t going to vote to eliminate Wilf unless she has a huge change of heart. As we both agreed on, the key tactic for Wilf is simply getting one of Meryl (most likely) or Aaron on his side to eliminate Kieran from the game and the other way around, I’m sure that’s going to be Kieran’s strategy tonight too in order to eliminate Wilf. Yep, agree with you that Wilf is firmly in the driving seat and it’s going to take a monumental feck up if he doesn’t win it now.
Meryl was wholeheartedly on Wilf's side yesterday. That's why she went to Maddy and said we need to get rid of either Arron or Kieran. There is more going on than we are seeing because they said Wilf was the funniest but I haven't seen that in the show. There is more to him than the shifty overemotional prat that we see.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Just started watching this. Obviously borrows elements heavily from a few programmes.

Big Brother meets I’m a Celebrity (castle version) meets The Mole.

CallyRed

Wilf has Kieran bent on over a barrel.
He has basically picked him to use him as bait

RoadTrip

Having said that, if you’re faithful it makes NO sense to not vote again. At worst you kill another faithful and take home more money.

sebsheep

The guy betrayed every single member of his team. Kinda fitting how his demise came about

Glorio

The guy betrayed every single member of his team. Kinda fitting how his demise came about
Love it, I know it's a game and all, but that boy is a bonafide snake. Amazing how he can betray people and come up with some justification during his interviews - mostly that he doesn't trust them and basically makes himself the victim.

Was proper shifty there while he was setting Kieran up. I don't think he and Kieran remain friends after that :lol:

Also, Meryl is the most gullible individual ever

Damien

Staff
Wilf fecked himself by fecking over all other Traitors including Kieran so blatantly. If he hadn't been doing it so open and being so shady with Kieran I don't think he would have said what he did or put Wilf's name down. What an ending.

Berbasbullet

Feel like Wilf desevrved it, and Kieran doing that is sort of against the spirit of the game? However, something I guess you'd need to consider before throwing your mate under the bus. Really hard game right at the end.

RoadTrip

Wilf fecked himself by fecking over all other Traitors including Kieran so blatantly. If he hadn't been doing it so open and being so shady with Kieran I don't think he would have said what he did or put Wilf's name down. What an ending.
He misread the situation badly. I must admit I was initially shocked at how obviously Kieran chucked him under the bus, but reflecting it actually makes sense because Kieran was only recently recruited which is very different to Amanda for example. Also just badly judged that Kieran wouldn’t get him back in that way. In hindsight if Wilf really wanted to chuck him under the bus, doing it on the first round didn’t make sense.

RedDevilRoshi

What a show, surely needs to be a series 2 after that!

Wilf was coasting clear to victory until that round table when Kieran exposed him very smartly. He knew he was a goner the way the day was going, particularly after the mission when everyone was giving him the silent treatment. He played an absolute blinder there to ensure the faithfuls weren’t going to be robbed right in front of them.

I’m glad the faithfuls won in the end when it looked like they were going to be on the losing side with the way the series was going. Blimey Meryl is so damn gullible. She needs to massively thank both Hannah & Aaron for having the balls to go with their conscience and put the friendship to one side and choose the red pouch at the end in order to banish Wilf.

RoadTrip

Feel like Wilf desevrved it, and Kieran doing that is sort of against the spirit of the game? However, something I guess you'd need to consider before throwing your mate under the bus. Really hard game right at the end.
I’m partly of this view too. It was a little game breaking the way he was allowed to make it obvious it as Wilf. There’s a big difference outing a traitor as a traitor but in th guise of a faithful. What Kieran did was quite different. But, adds an interesting dynamic and much more of a consideration to throw other traitors under the bus; which otherwise would basically have little downside.

Berbasbullet

He misread the situation badly. I must admit I was initially shocked at how obviously Kieran chucked him under the bus, but reflecting it actually makes sense because Kieran was only recently recruited which is very different to Amanda for example. Also just badly judged that Kieran wouldn’t get him back in that way. In hindsight if Wilf really wanted to chuck him under the bus, doing it on the first round didn’t make sense.
He had left himself with no choice, he voted anyone else he was done.

Kieran should have pulled Will to one side and said either we both win or none of us do. Will would have suddenly defended him.

Fully Fledged

His mistake was getting rid of Amanda. She would have stuck by him to the win and neither of them was going to be voted out if he didn't instigate it.

Berbasbullet

In hindsight he should have chosen Hannah, they'd work as a team and get Meryl on board.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Can anyone remember that other show where it was similar at the end of the show, I.e. they voted someone off by sitting round a table or something and hand writing the name of who they wanted to go, and then revealing them one at a time?

Damien

Staff
With Caf Werewolf, there's no incentive to basically out a teammate as a wolf before you go because you win if your team wins whether you're alive or "dead".

In The Traitors, the problem is if you're a Traitor and you're voted out, you don't really have that incentive as whether the Traitors win or lose, you get nothing. Could maybe mitigate that a bit by having Traitors get 10-15% of the jackpot each if they're banished but the Traitors win and whichever Traitors are alive at the end split the rest 50/50.

sebsheep

In hindsight he should have chosen Hannah, they'd work as a team and get Meryl on board.
Aye, brought in someone who was going to be easier to bite off at the end rather than someone who he could actually trust. Probably shows what his plan was all along.

DON’T PANIC ™

Can anyone remember that other show where it was similar at the end of the show, I.e. they voted someone off by sitting round a table or something and hand writing the name of who they wanted to go, and then revealing them one at a time?
It was on a desert island, I think. Survivor?