Television The Traitors (BBC) | If you've not watched it all, beware if you enter this thread as a bunch are talking without using spoilers

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Also how funny was Meryl?

"The traitors are 100% Aaron and Faye"

Faye proceeds to die

Everyone then ignores her :lol:

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Meryl: "It's 1000% Fay and Aaron."
1 minute later, Fay is dead :lol:
Wilf saying he didn't trust Amanda after he's betrayed both his fellow traitors. :lol:
Guy still looks like the dodgiest person every time he's on screen.
I'm not 100% sure he actually wanted her to go last night when he originally brought her up, hilarious seeing it play out though.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Wilfs argument for Kieran makes no sense. The Traitors were chosen after Kieran was removed from the game for the first 3/4 rounds. So how does it make any sense that Kieran is the original Traitor Male? In that scenario you have to pick Aaron as he's the only other original male left in the game. He also should have picked someone who would have said no to being picked. At this point you don't want to recruit a Traitor as Wilf is probably almost 100% safe in everyone's eyes due to his voting let alone his acting. By recruiting at this point you're hitting the factory reset button which means he's fair game. Dumb tactical move Wilf.
It looked like he had no choice but to recruit from what was said. Kieran was a stupid choice though as he will easily be able to stab Wilf in the back.

Wilf was too eager to go for glory. Had he not say anything to Kieran and Hannah, Aaron would 100% have been the one to go. I think Fay was a daft pick anyway to be killed despite her making notes of everything - Andrea would have been better but guess she was too close to Amanda so Amanda didn't want to lose an ally.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It looked like he had no choice but to recruit from what was said. Kieran was a stupid choice though as he will easily be able to stab Wilf in the back.

Wilf was too eager to go for glory. Had he not say anything to Kieran and Hannah, Aaron would 100% have been the one to go. I think Fay was a daft pick anyway to be killed despite her making notes of everything - Andrea would have been better but guess she was too close to Amanda so Amanda didn't want to lose an ally.
You misunderstand the process. He was given the option to recruit, if they declined they would be murdered. So he could have chosen someone who he knew 100% would have rejected and thus murdering them.

Damien

Staff
You misunderstand the process. He was given the option to recruit, if they declined they would be murdered. So he could have chosen someone who he knew 100% would have rejected and thus murdering them.
Ah, yeah I get what you mean.

At this stage though I'm not sure anyone would reject it if they knew they were going to be killed - even Maddie.

Damien

Staff
If there is another series (assuming it is filmed after this airs), there's at minimum two things they'll have to change - though it'll take some impact out of the kills/banishments
  1. Not having two of the people that the Traitors were discussing as the last two to breakfast. If the trend continues into next series, it won't be hard to work out that whoever the last one through the door is is good.
  2. If a Traitor does vote off a Traitor, not having them as the last vote reveal. Amanda was the deciding vote for Alyssa/Wilf and Wilf was the deciding vote for Amanda.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
At this stage though I'm not sure anyone would reject it if they knew they were going to be killed - even Maddie.

what a turncoat. I think he’s messed up with Kieran. I hope he has the same done to him. But yeah the offer isn’t really much of an offer is it? [spoiler/]

Damien

Staff
what a turncoat. I think he’s messed up with Kieran. I hope he has the same done to him. But yeah the offer isn’t really much of an offer is it? [spoiler/]
Kieran is the one who can most easily go against him subtly, with him being friends with pretty much the same lot of people that Wilf is and he's had some interaction with Maddie so isn't on her shitlist.

At this stage though I think anyone picked would be able to work out that Wilf was the one who stabbed both Amanda and Alyssa in the back and would easily do the same to them in the final.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
If there is another series (assuming it is filmed after this airs), there's at minimum two things they'll have to change - though it'll take some impact out of the kills/banishments
  1. Not having two of the people that the Traitors were discussing as the last two to breakfast. If the trend continues into next series, it won't be hard to work out that whoever the last one through the door is is good.
  2. If a Traitor does vote off a Traitor, not having them as the last vote reveal. Amanda was the deciding vote for Alyssa/Wilf and Wilf was the deciding vote for Amanda.
I said exactly this when discussing it last week. Surely you would realise there was a common contributor each time in the morning that the last one walking in is always Faithful, with the exception of the day when there was a failed recruitment attempt.

Honestly think Wilf is boned, everyone will assume he's been recruited imo.

Damien

Staff
I said exactly this when discussing it last week. Surely you would realise there was a common contributor each time in the morning that the last one walking in is always Faithful, with the exception of the day when there was a failed recruitment attempt.

Honestly think Wilf is boned, everyone will assume he's been recruited imo.
Yep. He's by far the most obvious candidate. Did fairly well thus far and came back from his mistakes but the Amanda backstab and the events that followed have put the crosshairs over him unless Kieran by some miracle rejects and even if he does and gets murdered, the rest of the players will be looking at him and Aaron as it is highly unlikely the original Traitors would have all been one sex.

Series 1 Episode 11

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Gonna watch live, my streams shit and that match is boring.

A friend who's been watching had a good idea. It would be interesting if we the audience also didn't know who the traitors were. Changes the experience completely for the viewer.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Gonna watch live, my streams shit and that match is boring.

A friend who's been watching had a good idea. It would be interesting if we the audience also didn't know who the traitors were. Changes the experience completely for the viewer.
I actually prefer knowing. One because it allows you to contextualise people’s speculation but also think that this way there is less chance the show is manipulating you!

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
I actually prefer knowing. One because it allows you to contextualise people’s speculation but also think that this way there is less chance the show is manipulating you!
Very true

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
They were looking at males all day (which tbf is dim in itself, even if true) and voted off Maddy. Good stuff.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
So it'll end up being Wilf and Hannah at the end. Damn.

RoadTrip

So it'll end up being Wilf and Hannah at the end. Damn.
Where have you seen that?
I think it’s one of only a few logical outcomes.

Outcome 1 is Will immediately turns on Kieran and then convinces everyone that there are no more traitors and wins. He can do that at any point.

Outcome 2 is he genuinely doesn’t throw Kieran under the bus and they vote off Aaron, Meryl and Hannah and share it.

Outcome 2 is mufc less likely because Hannah is strangely a guaranteed vote for whoever else is left other than Will. So it’s too easy for Will to vote Kieran and end with all the cash at the end. Outcome 2 is obviously the much harder route.

It should be really easy for Will, Hannah and Meryl seem so far from voting him, so he should comfortably win one way or another unless he really fecks up.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC

Outcome 1 is Will immediately turns on Kieran and then convinces everyone that there are no more traitors and wins. He can do that at any point.

Outcome 2 is he genuinely doesn’t throw Kieran under the bus and they vote if Aaron, Meryl and Hannah and share it.

Outcome 2 is mufc less likely because Hannah is strangely a guaranteed vote for whoever else is left other than Will. So it’s too easy for Will to vote Kieran and end with all the cash at the end.
Getting keiran out isn't too clever. If they give it some thought they should be able to deduce that he was certainly recruited and not an original traitor as I'm sure they know there were originally 3.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
in fairness there is some logic to it, assuming there was an equal number of men and women at the start.
Maybe there was I can't remember, but as the traitors were chosen specifically and not at random, theres no logic in that IMO. Not enough to eliminate or females a suspects this late in the game.

RoadTrip

Getting keiran out isn't too clever. If they give it some thought they should be able to deduce that he was certainly recruited and not an original traitor as I'm sure they know there were originally 3.
I was just thinking this. Because he wasn’t in the room when she tapped shoulders?

Will could put a story that it’s possible he was a traitor from the beginning and tapped outside the table. Hannah certainly and maybe Meryl will lap it up.

On the other hand, the faithful have an incentive to keep voting until only 2 remain so as to in their mind split the money between less people. Dynamics will be quite interesting! [/spoiler/]

RoadTrip

Maybe there was I can't remember, but as the traitors were chosen specifically and not at random, theres no logic in that IMO. Not enough to eliminate or females a suspects this late in the game.
Oh of course - sorry my post was worded badly. What I was trying to say was mathematically it’s more probable it’s a man than a woman assuming equal numbers. But it’s only marginal. Say 22, split 11 11. 2 women selected leaves a 11/9 pool so statistically the third whichever order selected is more likely to be male. So very negligible.

Guy Incognito

I thought Maddy was going to talk her way into thinking that as she was adamant he 'wasn't a traitor', when in actual fact he wasn't one of the originals.

This show really highlights the dangers of group thinking. Maddy going after Meryl opened a can of worms.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They were looking at males all day (which tbf is dim in itself, even if true) and voted off Maddy. Good stuff.
You split the population 50/50 in a few different ways and have a decent chance of a traitor being within each group. Considering how little they seem to care about how people act it wad one of their better ideas. Typical of this group to end up voting in a completely different way though. :lol:
Having watched Amanda be so close to a few people and turn out to be a traitor is was nice to watch Hannah... swear an undying fealty to Wilf. :lol:

RoadTrip

I thought Maddy was going to talk her way into thinking that as she was adamant he 'wasn't a traitor', when in actual fact he wasn't one of the originals.

This show really highlights the dangers of group thinking. Maddy going after Meryl opened a can of worms.
Obviously we know he wasn’t an original, but for the contestants I don’t think could know that conclusively. He may have been an original traitor when he was taken away, in their eyes, unless I missed something.

RoadTrip

You split the population 50/50 in a few different ways and have a decent chance of a traitor being within each group. Considering how little they seem to care about how people act it wad one of their better ideas. Typical of this group to end up voting in a completely different way though. :lol:
Having watched Amanda be so close to a few people and turn out to be a traitor is was nice to watch Hannah... swear an undying fealty to Wilf. :lol:
Bonkers, right? Unless she had magic dust sprinkled over her before the last day, she will look incredibly stupid. But it’ll probably also be quite sad to see how she reacts when she finds out he is a Traitor, especially when it is a very real possibility that it could be just them two left. She hasn’t taken personal betrayal well at all throughout this show, actually worry how she would handle it if it does end up this way.

RedDevilRoshi

Ooft, where do we begin with that!

Maddy was safe tonight I felt until she began going for Meryl which kinda turned it. It would have to be Aaron to deliver the final mail in the coffin for her after her going after him for weeks :lol:

Wilf’s decision to select Kieran as a traitor has massively backfired and looks like both of them are definitely going to be going against each other tomorrow rather than work together to survive & win.

Talking about tomorrow, interesting concept how it’s going to end with the contestants deciding when the game ends after the round table. I think it’s safe to say, the traitors have won as I can’t see both Wilf & Kieran being eliminated at the same time. Hannah is certainly not going to vote for Wilf unless she has the biggest change of hearts overnight.

Fully Fledged

Outcome 2 is he genuinely doesn’t throw Kieran under the bus and they vote off Aaron, Meryl and Hannah and share it.

Outcome 2 is mufc less likely because Hannah is strangely a guaranteed vote for whoever else is left other than Will. So it’s too easy for Will to vote Kieran and end with all the cash at the end. Outcome 2 is obviously the much harder route.

It should be really easy for Will, Hannah and Meryl seem so far from voting him, so he should comfortably win one way or another unless he really fecks up.
I think that Kieran made a mistake today turning on Wilf he had obviously got Merrill and Hannah in his corner with only 6 people left. He had a power situation. I understand now though why he brought Kieran in. It gives him a chance to throw Kieran under the bus and everybody to think there are no more traitors left.

Fully Fledged

Ooft, where do we begin with that!

Maddy was safe tonight I felt until she began going for Meryl which kinda turned it. It would have to be Aaron to deliver the final mail in the coffin for her after her going after him for weeks :lol:

Wilf’s decision to select Kieran as a traitor has massively backfired and looks like both of them are definitely going to be going against each other tomorrow rather than work together to survive & win.

Talking about tomorrow, interesting concept how it’s going to end with the contestants deciding when the game ends after the round table. I think it’s safe to say, the traitors have won as I can’t see both Wilf & Kieran being eliminated at the same time. Hannah is certainly not going to vote for Wilf unless she has the biggest change of hearts overnight.
It works for Wilf as he has his 100%ers he needs to make everybody believe there are no traitors left and everybody knows there is another traitor.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
“It has to be a man”
“Yeah we need to vote a man out”
“You picking either Aaron or Kieran?”
“I think it’s Wilf”
“It has to be a guy”

Cue everyone voting through being sensitive and emotional and sacking off the logical rationale of voting. Idiots.

Fully Fledged

“It has to be a man”
“Yeah we need to vote a man out”
“You picking either Aaron or Kieran?”
“I think it’s Wilf”
“It has to be a guy”

Cue everyone voting through being sensitive and emotional and sacking off the logical rationale of voting. Idiots.
Wilf's posy voted as a team. They said they would so when Maddy turned on Merrill she was feck'd

RedDevilRoshi

It works for Wilf as he has his 100%ers he needs to make everybody believe there are no traitors left and everybody knows there is another traitor.
Yeah for me Wilf is in the driving seat and the money is literally his to lose minus a major feck up. The Kieran selection as traitor has massively backfired and he’s now turned into his biggest threat going into tomorrow’s final now.

Fully Fledged

Yeah for me Wilf is in the driving seat and the money is literally his to lose minus a major feck up. The Kieran selection as traitor has massively backfired and he’s now turned into his biggest threat going into tomorrow’s final now.
I think with the new turn of events it gives him an out. there needs to be a traitor found before the team will agree to end the game.

RoadTrip

Wilf really needs a monumental feck up to lose. Basically as long as Hannah remains in his corner, he just needs to convince 1 of Meryl or Aaron to vote Kieran (or vote Aaron out first, whoever Meryl looks like she is going to go for). He really has to monumentally balls this up to lose. Meryl seems to be easily swayed and it seems she will more like follow Hannah than the others as it stands.