The vaccines | vaxxed boosted unvaxxed? New poll

How's your immunity looking? Had covid - vote twice - vax status and then again for infection status

• Vaxxed but no booster

• Boostered

• Still waiting in queue for first vaccine dose

• Won't get vaxxed (unless I have to for travel/work etc)

• Past infection with covid + I've been vaccinated

• Past infection with covid - I've not been vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.

hmchan

I can’t remember if it was you I was discussing this with but wasn’t vaccine hesitancy in HK supposed to be about a distrust of Chinese vaccines? Is it really so difficult to convince the populace to take Pfizer?
The political sitiation here has been very tense over the past two years, and Pfizer and CoronaVac somehow represent the US and China respectively.

When Pfizer was approved in the west, the pro-China campaign (the government included) kept defaming its safety and exaggerating its side effects (e.g. the Norway incident). This was because CoronaVac lacked data and showed poor efficacy, and this was their way to lure people to take the CoronaVac.

Unfortunately, this made people become overly worried about the adverse effects and things didn't go as they planned. Instead of taking the CoronaVac, people decide not to take any vaccine. As a healthcare professional I really hate to see this, but there's nothing I can do and this is the reality.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The political sitiation here has been very tense over the past two years, and Pfizer and CoronaVac somehow represent the US and China respectively.

When Pfizer was approved in the west, the pro-China campaign (the government included) kept defaming its safety and exaggerating its side effects (e.g. the Norway incident). This was because CoronaVac lacked data and showed poor efficacy, and this was their way to lure people to take the CoronaVac.

Unfortunately, this made people become overly worried about the adverse effects and things didn't go as they planned. Instead of taking the CoronaVac, people decide not to take any vaccine. As a healthcare professional I really hate to see this, but there's nothing I can do and this is the reality.
That’s nuts. Worth clarifying that the “Norway event” was AZ, not Pfizer but sounds like you’re dealing with a crazy situation all the same.

Hopefully you can your hands on Curevac soon and Europe is perceived as somehow neutral!

hmchan

That’s nuts. Worth clarifying that the “Norway event” was AZ, not Pfizer but sounds like you’re dealing with a crazy situation all the same.

Hopefully you can your hands on Curevac soon and Europe is perceived as somehow neutral!
In this day and age any country other than Russia and North Korea is considered as anti-Beijing by the pro-China campaign, especially when Europe is now speaking out for Hong Kong and Xinjiang. To me this situation is ridiculous and is an absolute joke, as we're sitting on plenty of unused vaccines while other countries are desperately fighting for one.

For the Norway incident I refer to this event. It's clearly unrelated to the vaccine but the pro-China campaign kept using this to defame its safety. And the government let that happen.
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/18/health/covid-vaccine-pfizer-deaths-norway-intl/index.html

Pogue Mahone

In this day and age any country other than Russia and North Korea is considered as anti-Beijing by the pro-China campaign, especially when Europe is now speaking out for Hong Kong and Xinjiang. To me this situation is ridiculous and is an absolute joke, as we're sitting on plenty of unused vaccines while other countries are desperately fighting for one.

For the Norway incident I refer to this event. It's clearly unrelated to the vaccine but the pro-China campaign kept using this to defame its safety. And the government let that happen.
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/18/health/covid-vaccine-pfizer-deaths-norway-intl/index.html
Ah. Ok. Forgot about that one!

Lj82

Now that you mentioned it, my mum was watching the news on Phoenix and she asked me about purported side effects of Pfizer on teenagers that she saw on the news.

hmchan

Now that you mentioned it, my mum was watching the news on Phoenix and she asked me about purported side effects of Pfizer on teenagers that she saw on the news.
This is why I have an increasing hatred towards media nowadays, not only social but also traditional ones. They always try to guide your thinking by feeding you with disinformation or showing you only the partial truth. Instead of presenting the whole story and let the audience think, they've already had a stance in the report. The newer generation is better educated with critical thinking, but many in the society sincerely believe the bollox from the propaganda.

stu_1992

First vaccine done. All good, worst part was the tension leading into it to be honest. The jab itself was a bit of a bad pinch feeling and my arm is a little sore now 1 hour out. My girlfriend actually got it done at the same time and she didn't feel anything at all and still has no arm pain. Second dose in 6 weeks, can't come soon enough.

Revan

Assumptionman
But if he said what was reported I'd suspect cognitive impairment or severe mental illness.
To be fair, from the article @pocco posted, he said that the vaccinations caused variants (not that the vaccinations will kill us all). Which to some degree is true, effective vaccines will either kill the virus, or make it evolve faster to be able to avoid the vaccine. So what he said was fairly trivial.

Of course, the nonsense that we are doing wrong by vaccinating is just nonsense. The numbers are going fast down just because of this, and so far, the vaccines (especially the two good ones) seem effective against all variants.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
First vaccine done. All good, worst part was the tension leading into it to be honest. The jab itself was a bit of a bad pinch feeling and my arm is a little sore now 1 hour out. My girlfriend actually got it done at the same time and she didn't feel anything at all and still has no arm pain. Second dose in 6 weeks, can't come soon enough.
Everyone is different - we have different skin thickness, different arm musculature and of course, some nurses or doctors are better than others at giving jabs.

stu_1992

Everyone is different - we have different skin thickness, different arm musculature and of course, some nurses or doctors are better than others at giving jabs.
Absolutely. It makes sense and I'm not complaining. Just sharing the experience I had. It was quite cool actually, they let us get it done together so we had the same nurse/doctor and were the room for each other's jab.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
To be fair, from the article @pocco posted, he said that the vaccinations caused variants (not that the vaccinations will kill us all). Which to some degree is true, effective vaccines will either kill the virus, or make it evolve faster to be able to avoid the vaccine. So what he said was fairly trivial.

Of course, the nonsense that we are doing wrong by vaccinating is just nonsense. The numbers are going fast down just because of this, and so far, the vaccines (especially the two good ones) seem effective against all variants.
It was this that, if reported correctly, was the insane bit.
One I saw was from a leading French medial expert in this field, saying that people that have the jab will be dead within 2 years and incinerated

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Had my 2nd Moderna shot this afternoon. The nurse said to me that because of the type of vaccine I should expect getting flu like responses. Tonight I feel like I’ve been battered. Sore bones. Hopefully no chills will start

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Getting my first jab tomorrow. Keep telling my fiancé I’m going to shout ‘Fauci ouchie!’ when I get my jab (she’s getting hers just before me).

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
Had my 2nd Moderna shot this afternoon. The nurse said to me that because of the type of vaccine I should expect getting flu like responses. Tonight I feel like I’ve been battered. Sore bones. Hopefully no chills will start
I don't know how it works, I've had two AZs and no reaction whatsoever. Still it's the protection that matters, 2 or 3 weeks to wait and you'll feel a weight off your shoulders.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I don't know how it works, I've had two AZs and no reaction whatsoever. Still it's the protection that matters, 2 or 3 weeks to wait and you'll feel a weight off your shoulders.
Weird side effect to have.

Suv666

Got the jab.. Covishield (AZ)
Feel uneasy not sure if that's the vaccine or anxiety

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

And on Wales approach to vaccination generally. Basically they've run two parallel programs - AZ over 40, Pfizer for 18-39 - and sidestepped the gradual "go down the agegroups" plan used in England and Scotland.

Pogue Mahone

And on Wales approach to vaccination generally. Basically they've run two parallel programs - AZ over 40, Pfizer for 18-39 - and sidestepped the gradual "go down the agegroups" plan used in England and Scotland.

Presumably there must be at least some Welsh towns/cities with similar demographics to NW England. Has the Indian variant got any kind of foothold in Wales at all?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Had my second AZ shot two days ago. About an hour after, had abdominal pain and slightly blurred vision. Feeling a lot better now, but have had two days in bed with a temperature/aches. Seems to be clearing up nicely though now.

So weird, had absolutely no side-effects bar a sore arms after my first.

Still - absolutely buzzing to have got it all done!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Had my second AZ shot two days ago. About an hour after, had abdominal pain and slightly blurred vision. Feeling a lot better now, but have had two days in bed with a temperature/aches. Seems to be clearing up nicely though now.

It’s a good thing, suggests you had no immune response last time and your body has learnt to produce an immune response now.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

Congratulations, the rest of your life before you're incinerated in two years begins now! :D

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Presumably there must be at least some Welsh towns/cities with similar demographics to NW England. Has the Indian variant got any kind of foothold in Wales at all?
They've got such low case rates at the moment that mutation data is more like background noise. The daily case numbers for the whole of Wales are around 40/day - whereas we're looking at 150+ cases/day in Bolton alone.

That's not to say it couldn't take off suddenly - it's just that I wouldn't look to Wales for data on mutations at the moment.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
As an Aussie in my late 20s I think I will be getting fully vaccinated sometime in 2022 at the earliest.

Scotty from Marketing and the libs have fecked it up at an astounding level.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I just hope the vaccines work as advertised. Hospital admissions in the UK are starting to creep up, again.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
As an Aussie in my late 20s I think I will be getting fully vaccinated sometime in 2022 at the earliest.

Scotty from Marketing and the libs have fecked it up at an astounding level.
But on the plus side, you don't have 100,000 plus dead.

zing

Zingle balls
It’s a good thing, suggests you had no immune response last time and your body has learnt to produce an immune response now.
Is that true? If you don't have a reaction to the vaccine, does that mean you're less protected?

Pogue Mahone

I just hope the vaccines work as advertised. Hospital admissions in the UK are starting to creep up, again.
Even working exactly as advertised we can expect a lot of vaccinated people to get sick and some of them will end up in hospital. Although the vast majority of those recent admissions are likely to be young/unvaccinated.

30+ opened up here earlier today. First jabs early-mid June second a month later. From next week the whole of Italy will be able to book.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Had my second Moderna yesterday!
initially has a sore arm, by night time I had heat everywhere over my body, every bone hurt, a little blurred vision, staggering and so so tired. This morning was still groggy, lay in bed till 10am. As the day has gone by I’ve felt much better, I think tomorrow after a good sleep I’ll be grand!

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Had my second Moderna yesterday!
initially has a sore arm, by night time I had heat everywhere over my body, every bone hurt, a little blurred vision, staggering and so so tired. This morning was still groggy, lay in bed till 10am. As the day has gone by I’ve felt much better, I think tomorrow after a good sleep I’ll be grand!
Sorry about those side effects, but I'm really glad you're "done" now.