The vaccines | vaxxed boosted unvaxxed? New poll

How's your immunity looking? Had covid - vote twice - vax status and then again for infection status

• Vaxxed but no booster

• Boostered

• Still waiting in queue for first vaccine dose

• Won't get vaxxed (unless I have to for travel/work etc)

• Past infection with covid + I've been vaccinated

• Past infection with covid - I've not been vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I just didn't want to get sick and potentially miss my flight cause I am proposing to my girlfriend in a few days. Pfizer didn't give me any effects for the first two, so I just made that bet that it won't make me sick again (and it worked, though likely it would have been the same for Moderna).

In normal circumstances, I might have switched, although there are no conclusive studies either way.
Congratulations Revan. Hope things go as planned. Moderna side effects were definitely a bitch and it clearly doesn't prevent Omicron, though it does make Omicron feel like a little cold.

You probably hedged your bets perfectly. Now for the other positive result. I suggest you get on one knee and present her with an LFT* kit and ask her to make you the happiest man alive. :cool:

* You know I mean LFC kit right.

Brophs

The One and Only
Had the booster on Sunday. It absolutely did me in. I felt fine all day and then, just before I was going to sleep that night, I had the worst chills/shivering fit I've ever had, to the point where I had to sit on the jacks to avoid falling over. Then a sort of feverish night, vacillating between scorching hot and frozen, with barely any sleep, followed by a day of soreness all over and complete lethargy. I feel completely normal again today and I've tested negative and am having another tomorrow. I bet I've caught fecking Covid off the queue for my booster.

Bosws87

Had the booster on Sunday. It absolutely did me in. I felt fine all day and then, just before I was going to sleep that night, I had the worst chills/shivering fit I've ever had, to the point where I had to sit on the jacks to avoid falling over. Then a sort of feverish night, vacillating between scorching hot and frozen, with barely any sleep, followed by a day of soreness all over and complete lethargy. I feel completely normal again today and I've tested negative and am having another tomorrow. I bet I've caught fecking Covid off the queue for my booster.
Nah you just had a harsh response to the vaccine.

Brophs

The One and Only
Nah you just had a harsh response to the vaccine.
Ah, I was just joking due to the below.
In the queue for my booster. Around 10% of people not wearing masks in this massive, packed queue.

Also special mention to the woman a few people ahead who has spent the hour chain smoking and shouting into the phone to various people about how she won’t let people talk to her like that and listing all of the things she’s going to refuse to do if asked etc. I wonder what poor cnut, apart from those of us in the queue, is having to listen to that at 8 in the morning.

Still a solid 7/10.
Sorry, should have said, queue was initially outdoors as it was around 600m long but it wasn’t remotely socially distanced. There were two lines, maybe 2ft from each other, going in opposite directions. I kept my 2m from the guy in front but no one else was, including the guy behind me. Then when it went indoors I only saw a few without masks. Not to mention Fag Ash Lil.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Had my booster on Sunday... Felt like I was going to die yesterday. Probably the most ill I've felt in years (worse then when I actually had Covid) but it literally only was for 24 hours.

First two vaccines didn't effect me at all bar a slightly sore arm

Last edited:

Suedesi

Booster's side effects (Moderna) were awful for half a day. The vaccine itself (JNJ) not bad at all.

Anyone else had the same experience?

Mercurial

Dose 1 Pfizer felt headache and tired, Dose 2 pretty much bricked me for 2 days, Dose 3 hardly reacted other than a pretty sore arm.

Revan

Assumptionman
Congratulations Revan. Hope things go as planned. Moderna side effects were definitely a bitch and it clearly doesn't prevent Omicron, though it does make Omicron feel like a little cold.

You probably hedged your bets perfectly. Now for the other positive result. I suggest you get on one knee and present her with an LFT* kit and ask her to make you the happiest man alive. :cool:

* You know I mean LFC kit right.
Hahahhaha, thanks matey.

No knees, and definitely no LFT kit :)

madzo2007

Had my booster at the weekend at a pop up in Belfast. Queued and out again within 30mins. Got Pfizer this time after 2 AZ. No reaction other than the usual sore arm. First dose of AZ gave me the shivers, sweats and bad hangover feeling.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I just got a slightly runny nose, we'll its not running as i dont need tissues but i know its not normal either. I had covid in may and took the second shot on sunday. I wear masks whenever im outside.

Can i get covid despite having been infected recently and vaccinated ?

gormless

I just got a slightly runny nose, we'll its not running as i dont need tissues but i know its not normal either. I had covid in may and took the second shot on sunday. I wear masks whenever im outside.

Can i get covid despite having been infected recently and vaccinated ?
i think you know you can and are just desperately hoping someone says you can’t. Get tested

Widow

Had my booster last Thursday with almost zero side effects. Even the arm was okay but my word do I have a killer of a cold now!

I've LFT'ed the past 3 days, 5 in total and they have all returned a negative result but this cold is taking its toll

Edgio

Had a 9-week long adverse reaction to the 2nd AZ jab but happy with the Pfizer booster. Sore arm, mild aches, weird pains for 48hrs then sound again!

Dave_MUFC

Had my Moderna booster yesterday, while I had AZ for the normal vaccine.

Seems like everyone gets hit hard once out of the three shots, as my 1st AZ shot floored me, felt like the worst hangover of my life, 2nd shot I had zero side effects, and this time I'm just a bit lethargic and a slightly sore arm, fortunately!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yeah my wife was sick for 3 days after it. I was about a day and a half. Plus I had a couple of dizzy spells in my 15 minute wait afterwards

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Had my Moderna booster yesterday, while I had AZ for the normal vaccine.

Seems like everyone gets hit hard once out of the three shots, as my 1st AZ shot floored me, felt like the worst hangover of my life, 2nd shot I had zero side effects, and this time I'm just a bit lethargic and a slightly sore arm, fortunately!
We got hit twice but our booster was different from our vaxx

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Yeah my wife was sick for 3 days after it. I was about a day and a half. Plus I had a couple of dizzy spells in my 15 minute wait afterwards
Same, I felt so light-headed on the walk back home, felt like I was going to pass out on the street. Stopped at an off-license, bought a large bag of Haribo and gobbled it down on a bench in the park before continuing.

saivet

Had my booster (Pfizer x3) on Monday. A little fatigued yesterday, though I did also have a very busy day. My arm was only lightly sore too.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Same. I had the Moderna yesterday afternoon and had felt fine for 18 hours. Then I needed to pee about an hour ago. I made it next door to the toilet alright, then crumpled under a sudden onset of leg shaking. Fortunately I landed on the seat, to have the shakingest piss ever. With the shivering ramping up I quickly stumbled to the sink and threw my hands in some stone cold water - do not do this! I vibrated back to my bed and ducked under the covers, shaking like a jackhammer for 5 minutes. I thought my heart was about to give out. I eventually got it under control, and I haven't peeked out since.

It's warm and womby in here and I may never come out again. Pfizer was a pussy cat and Moderna kicks like a mule.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
So with today's announcement of 7 days my eldest could come out of isolation and me and the Mrs got down to our nearest walk in. Got the Pfizer booster. We'll probably be more ill from the vaccine than my eldest through out having the actual illness. She was asymptomatic.

Brophs

The One and Only
Same. I had the Moderna yesterday afternoon and had felt fine for 18 hours. Then I needed to pee about an hour ago. I made it next door to the toilet alright, then crumpled under a sudden onset of leg shaking. Fortunately I landed on the seat, to have the shakingest piss ever. With the shivering ramping up I quickly stumbled to the sink and threw my hands in some stone cold water - do not do this! I vibrated back to my bed and ducked under the covers, shaking like a jackhammer for 5 minutes. I thought my heart was about to give out. I eventually got it under control, and I haven't peeked out since.

It's warm and womby in here and I may never come out again. Pfizer was a pussy cat and Moderna kicks like a mule.
My exact experience, right down to the piss up the bathroom walls and cistern. Pfizer first two, Moderna for the booster. If our experiences are to be mirrored, you’ll now have to do a full day of minding your two kids solo, with each of them determined to out-bellend the other. Good luck. It’ll be awful.

Bosws87

So Israel is giving forth Jabs now to certain cohorts

Not sure how to react to that
Most countries have been following whatever the precedent is in Isreal, i imagine just to the over 60's/ immunocompromised won't last long and it will be everyone again in the near future.

I jumped off after 2, ill jump back in if my hand is forced (the passport crap)

Kaos

Had the same response, turns out I caught covid around the same time too so my agony was prolonged :lol:

I recommend you keep doing daily tests, those LFTs aren't exactly reliable for picking up Delta/Omicron variants. My first few tests were negatives, and I then tested positive the morning after the booster.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
My exact experience, right down to the piss up the bathroom walls and cistern. Pfizer first two, Moderna for the booster. If our experiences are to be mirrored, you’ll now have to do a full day of minding your two kids solo, with each of them determined to out-bellend the other. Good luck. It’ll be awful.
:lol: Where did I put that aspirin.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Most countries have been following whatever the precedent is in Isreal, i imagine just to the over 60's/ immunocompromised won't last long and it will be everyone again in the near future.

I jumped off after 2, ill jump back in if my hand is forced (the passport crap)
Why jump off after 2? Makes no sense at all. You already know you can tolerate the vaccine safely. Why not protect yourself (and everyone around you) as much as possible? What’s the downside? Inconvenience?!?

Stevondo8

Just had my booster and expecting that to be the end of it and for it to become just like the flu jab (which I’ve never had) from now on.

3rd dose of Pfizer so assuming nothing more than mild arm ache for a day or two as side effect.

Bosws87

Why jump off after 2? Makes no sense at all. You already know you can tolerate the vaccine safely. Why not protect yourself (and everyone around you) as much as possible? What’s the downside? Inconvenience?!?
The science for it preventing infection with the current variant doesn't seem solid more of a relatively safe short term gamble, which is the same as my gamble of not having it considering i only had my second like a day over 3 months ago.

Withnail

Feck all queues at the walk-in today thankfully. It was lashing rain this morning so that might have helped. I was out in about 25mins.

Moderna booster after Pfizer. I haven't had any adverse affects so far but an excuse not to log in to the work laptop on me last day tomorrow wouldn't be too bad.

EDIT: Sore arm and a bit of back pain kicking now. Maybe I spoke too soon. After reading the posts above I think I'd rather be in work

Last edited:

Withnail

The science for it preventing infection with the current variant doesn't seem solid more of a relatively safe short term gamble, which is the same as my gamble of not having it considering i only had my second like a day over 3 months ago.
I'm a bit confused. What's the gamble and what's the upside of not taking the booster.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Just got boostered as everybody around me seems to be getting Covid.

Bosws87

I'm a bit confused. What's the gamble and what's the upside of not taking the booster.
That your blood has such a high concentration of antibodies that enough of them will be effective to stop infection/symptoms, as omicron has considerable antibody escape

They still believe from other immune defences 2 doses should be enough to prevent most serious illness but you might still get symptoms

The gamble being they fast tracked boosters hoping it would slow down the spread in the main population not sure if there’s any proof in the real world of this being effective or non effective yet.

Fts 74

Az both jabs, Pfizer booster luckily no side affects at all except for a bit of a sore arm.

My wife has had covid twice, but still refuses to get vaccinated I've given up trying to convince her.