Gaming The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I'm playing it for the first time (base game). 80 hours in and trying to do as much as I can before I finish the main story. Just rounding up Skellige quests before continuing.

I do really like it. But it hasn't captured that special feeling for me. Nonetheless it's a hard game to put down and I've had plenty of long sessions with it.

Fully Fledged

When you get to the part where a government official is formally asking you questions, that’s simulating a TW2 save import. It’s not a big deal, but you might want to google it. Or do what I do and
spare each person, side with Triss & Roche).
I’ve started a new play through and that’s exactly what I did.
I’m looking for the Elven Mage with Keira Metz now. Well when I get back from work.

SoCross

I just started on the expansion after finishing the main quest. @M16Red you’re in for a treat!

Pay some attention to how you distribute your character points.

Oh and make sure you get all the Witcher Gear! I made a mistake of getting only the Griffin gear, considering going back to get the rest now.

Mike Smalling

I've not played it for about 4 years so maybe it was different or maybe I just had it wrong... wouldn't be the first time tbf :lol:
There is also an insane amount of different things to know about the game.

My two wishes for the game would be to fix the horse, and fix the underwater mechanics. Both are quite awful.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I think it does. At least I am pretty sure that the contents of chests scale to your level.
From what I remember, I usually picked up gear (swords/armour) that was either below my current level (as in - mostly less interesting than what I already had) or above it (as in, I had to wait to actually use it). The only gear that seemed to match my level was the stuff you can buy from blacksmiths and whatnot.

Fantastic game, though - I played it (as I usually do) well after its release, and was kind of skeptical: 1) because I'm not generally into the fantasy/sword and magic...thing and 2) because too many people I don't trust (with regard to games) seemed to hype it to high heaven. But - yes - it's exceptionally good.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Just saw the news. Lucky those who never played it and will get a 1st time experience with next gen graphics.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Never actually played this and was holding off for the update, so another game to get through

You haven't played redcafes official greatest game of all time! :eek:

Just saw the news. Lucky those who never played it and will get a 1st time experience with next gen graphics.
I'm really looking forward to this and I've finished it thrice. One of the best ever. BTW its more a remaster than a remake isn't it? Like more polish and some sleak textures is all? Still 60 fps Witcher 3 is :drool:

Irwin99

Never actually played this and was holding off for the update, so another game to get through

Wait, what?! you've never.... :eek:

I'm going to play it again over Xmas on the PS5. Easily my favourite game of the last generation.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I played this for the first time on pc earlier this year. Will definitely go back to it on console and try different paths. And actually try properly learning that card game :houllier:

tomaldinho1

I played this for the first time on pc earlier this year. Will definitely go back to it on console and try different paths. And actually try properly learning that card game :houllier:
I spent way too much time getting good at gwent, what a game

Mike Smalling

Unfortunately, Gwent is a pay-to-win game. You have to have all the good cards to be able to consistently win. Still love it though.

M16Red

Epic - I'd say, play the wild hunt part now its about 40 odd hours worth, then DLC.

You should get the DLC's thrown in.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Unfortunately, Gwent is a pay-to-win game. You have to have all the good cards to be able to consistently win. Still love it though.
This is the thing. I understood the principles, watched YouTube guides, and still would end up losing. Seemed very luck based.

Mike Smalling

This is the thing. I understood the principles, watched YouTube guides, and still would end up losing. Seemed very luck based.
99% of the NPCs can be beaten entirely without luck, as long as you have the right deck, but then there are some special Gwent tournaments, where you absolutely cannot win without the luck of the draw.

It's great, but not perfect. They should also have balanced the decks better. Pretty much only Nilfgaard and Norther Realms are worth playing.

Adamsk7

I’m gonna play through again on next gen- easily one of my favourite games ever. When I got my Series X I started a play through and was about 20 hrs in and they announced the upgrade so decided to wait. Hoping to pick that up again but it’s been some months so it may well be the ramp up in enemies is too great for my now piss poor skill.

Honestly the only thing missing is the ability to get in on the fornicating! Every time Geralt took a lovely lady to bed I was like “ I wish I could control the pumping action” haha

Adamsk7

Gameplay reveal? Unlikely but Imagine they've tweaked the combat
I think they may have made minor tweaks to gameplay but it was already so good in that department.
Graphics - I’d love to see 4K (probably dynamic scaling) HDR 60fps and ray tracing. Looking at it, it seems impossible but it’s quite an old game now. Would be disappointed if it can’t at least bring across some of the ultra settings from the PC version.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
As someone who only got about 25% through the main campaign and has also never played the 2 expansions... this news is excellent, especially being right before Xmas when I'll be taking some leave