Gaming The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So they just dialled up the Brightness?
It's a next gen upgrade not a remake. Based on the clips they've done a lot of work to enhance it.

Personally I'm looking forward to
Ps5 controller features
Closer camera
Slow walk
New armor and weapons

SoCross

It's a next gen upgrade not a remake. Based on the clips they've done a lot of work to enhance it.

Personally I'm looking forward to
Ps5 controller features
Closer camera
Slow walk
New armor and weapons
Ha, yeah. I was making an obscure reference of about 6 years ago when this game came out and the Caf was all excited.

I only got the game at the very beginning of this year though, definitely will sit down once again:drool:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This especially. I've started the Witcher 3 twice before and bailed pretty quickly partly due to me just not liking the feel of the movement.
Similar to my brother. I've been trying to convince him to play it for the past 6 years. He found it too floaty and to be fair with DS, GoW etc that is what's now in. But I would explain to him that its a bit older and Geralt is more about dancing swordplay than brute force. So I'm reminding him him about this change in particular:lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Similar to my brother. I've been trying to convince him to play it for the past 6 years. He found it too floaty and to be fair with DS, GoW etc that is what's now in. But I would explain to him that its a bit older and Geralt is more about dancing swordplay than brute force. So I'm reminding him him about this change in particular:lol:
Yeah I agree, the floaty movement sort of seems right for the way you fight with geralt tbh. Not every characters needs to be a heavy oaf.

Can't wait to lose another 3-6 months of my life going through this :drool:

Irwin99

The combat in Witcher 3 was never bad in my opinion it just wasn't brilliant. Until I got to the Bloody Baron quest I had no idea what everyone saw in the game but then I just got hooked on the characters, story, the emotion and world building.

The DLC is actually better than the main story for me and probably only Bloodborne comes close to it's quality.

Eriku

I struggled to get into it until it opened up more. The initial area is a bit dreary. Wound up becoming one of my favourite games. Side quest quality is unsurpassed in any other game I’ve played.

Mechanics aren’t great, but not bad enough to put me off. It’s not meant to be Dark Souls, and the signs and stuff make it something you can master in various ways, so combat is rich enough for me.

Can’t wait to replay on the PS5.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Update apparently has a lot of cyberpunk day one style bugs and isn’t recommended until they patch it. :(

b82REZ

Is Mass Effect? Just signed up for PS Plus, and it's one of the free monthly games
Yeah the remastered trilogy is on PS+ this month.

I never played the original so started that. It really does show its age but I'm going to give a bit longer before I give up on it and jump back into 2.

jem

I never played the original so started that. It really does show its age but I'm going to give a bit longer before I give up on it and jump back into 2.
Is in necessary to play the trilogy in order or is it like the Witcher, where you can start on the 3rd one?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

The combat really is atrocious isn't it :lol: The menus are so clunky too. Enjoying it for what it is though so I can carry on that progress to ME2.

b82REZ

The combat really is atrocious isn't it :lol: The menus are so clunky too. Enjoying it for what it is though so I can carry on that progress to ME2.
Really bad. The animations are janky as feck as well.

Is in necessary to play the trilogy in order or is it like the Witcher, where you can start on the 3rd one?
I jumped straight in at 2 years ago and class it as one of my favourite ever games. The decisions you make can be carried between games though like Solius said.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I saw this on the Metro article, but haven't seen anything but positive impressions from other sources thus far?
Cyberpunk had loads of good reviews mixed in with the bad too remember and it was a complete mess.

Irwin99

Two hours in and no bugs so far. Just a gorgeous game.

I put it on death march difficulty so i'm in for a world of pain. Combat feels more fluid than the PS4 version what with the 60FPS but still a bit janky at times.

Irwin99

Got crisis core to get through then I may start this. How many hours am I looking at? I struggle with massive open world games these days.
A lot. Problem is the side quests are legendary and often more fun than the main story so I think you're looking at 60+ hours and that's without the DLCs which are even better. It's a long old game.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Have started a new game today on the PS5 version. Should keep me occupied until the new year. Still probably the greatest game of all time.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Should it say its a ps5 game on the console now? Or does it still register as ps4?

KiD MoYeS

Should it say its a ps5 game on the console now? Or does it still register as ps4?
Yeah my version says it is a PS5 game. I had to select more options when picking to download. You may already have the PS4 version downloaded, it doesn't update automatically.

Berbasbullet

Yeah my version says it is a PS5 game. I had to select more options when picking to download. You may already have the PS4 version downloaded, it doesn't update automatically.
Ah okay, i have the ps4 version downloaded and it then updated. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall?

Shark

@NotShark
Have started a new game today on the PS5 version. Should keep me occupied until the new year. Still probably the greatest game of all time.
Still no better experience since 2015. Elden Ring was probably the closest but It kind of ruined RPG's a little for me because nothing could really complete. It set that benchmark.

KiD MoYeS

Ah okay, i have the ps4 version downloaded and it then updated. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall?
Yeah, you will need to delete the PS4 version and select the PS5 version when you're downloading. I think you click the button on the right with the three dots to bring up the PS5 version as an option.

Berbasbullet

So my ps4 one had an update and you're right that wasn't it, deleted it and had to find it in the store. Store is so rubbish to navigate. :lol:

Downloading now though, thank you.

KiD MoYeS

Still no better experience since 2015. Elden Ring was probably the closest but It kind of ruined RPG's a little for me because nothing could really complete. It set that benchmark.
Hard to disagree really. Elden Ring is the closest we've got to it in terms of overall quality but didn't have the same storyline or characters and has yet to produce DLC.