Thomas Partey | Arsenal Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Nothing special. People were also saying that Gabriel they got was meant to be a good defender, what's he done at Arse? Nothing.

Nick7

Would be a good player in a more defensive side. Don’t think he suits Arsenal at all.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Eh, people are being way too harsh. Him and Saka are the two main players in that side who could easily be playing a level higher. Possibly Tierney too, though he’s made of glass.

Judas

Open to offers
He's always been elevated on here to a status I've never quite understood. Partly by people who'd probably barely watched him, and also people not realising he was playing in a system at Atletico that suited him perfectly.

He's alright.

Nero

People on the Caf were saying he'd walk into the United team not long ago.
Every signing our rivals make is hyped up to shit on here. Every single summer.

'Can't believe we're not in for him.'
'We're gonna regret this.'
'They're not messing about.'
'That attack/midfield/defence is frightening/scary/terrifying.'

The long list of these players who end up bang average is quite remarkable.

vodrake

Another decent player who was hyped up beyond all reason by a group of fans, who'd never really watched him before, because he plays in a position they'd identified we need a new signing for

Sylar

I want to say something but maybe it would be fair to see him playing under a different manager.

I mean arsenal are 9th (just about)
And Arteta has them playing some of the worst football I've seen at that club
Even the boring 1 nil to the arsenal was better

jamesjimmybyrondean

He and Thiago have not been as good as they've hyped up to be so far but let's not pretend like they aren't quality players

RedorDead21

Every signing our rivals make is hyped up to shit on here. Every single summer.

'Can't believe we're not in for him.'
'We're gonna regret this.'
'They're not messing about.'
'That attack/midfield/defence is frightening/scary/terrifying.'

The long list of these players who end up bang average is quite remarkable.
To be fair we’ve bought other players just as forgettable each time more often than not.

flappyjay

Another decent player who was hyped up beyond all reason by a group of fans, who'd never really watched him before, because he plays in a position they'd identified we need a new signing for
I watched him plenty and he looked good. My brother and I are of the opinion that Simeones system hides the deficiencies of his defensive players. Parteys defensive inefficiencies shouldn't be a surprise but the let down for me is the ability on the ball. He doesn't show what I saw in La liga.

stevoc

Partey is a decent player nothing special though which is why he's at Arsenal and not a top side
Might be the most misguided post in this thread but yea not the thread for it.

Just don't be shocked when Arsenal finish ahead of us in the table in large thanks to having one of the best holding mids in the world in their squad
How's that going?

Sorry mate couldn't resist. :p

SAFMUTD

Dodged bullet, many here including me were convinced he was going to be great in EPL. How wrong we were.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I remember when Atletico played him at right back and he was great due to his energy. I actually think he’s a little slow with the ball but good player nonetheless.
Quoting myself. He really looks cumbersome at times, takes an extra touch and then plays a long ball. I preferred him at right back for Atletico for that brief period.

El Presidente

For the sake of the argument:
They were right about that, really.
There’s a reason why Arsenal at a free run at him.
Arsenal had also also a free run at Aubameyang.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Just a faster paced game in the PL and less time on the ball. It’s exposed him.

Jezpeza

For me he is up there with mangala as an incredibly expensive signing who is an absolutely trash pub player. 45m for him then send guendozi and torreira out on loan? Jesus. Edu doing wonders as dof there

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
To be fair every player at Arsenal looks shite under Arteta, they have some good players who would actually look good under a better manager.

Siezard

Pretty much useless player.

Quite slow, not enthusiastic enough. Poor at dribbling. Not involved in one-two because he doesn't run forward after passing. He's focused on passing only and doesn't try anything outrageous. It isn't a bad thing but you expect more. A lazy player who passes the ball whenever he gets it and then doesn't run much after passing. Basically, he was happy with his new contract at Arsenal and stopped trying.

Many players are better than him. Ceballos supposedly was only available at 25 mil is more technically gifted on the ball and tries harder. Now they have a Ceballos who is on loan and playing 1 in 2 games, disrupting team play and understanding because the line up keep changing every week.

Also, a central midfielder absolutely need to know how to shoot and Partey isn't a very good shooter. Look at those winning clubs and their central midfielders usually are very lively, very involved in play and love to shoot. Look at Scholes, Lampard, Bruno, Gundogan vs players like Ozil who doesn't dare to shoot anymore. I think that even Fred, McTominay or Elneny are better players than Partey because they dare to shoot and can shoot decently well and willing to run more.

Last edited:

Davicho

He is out of form. On form he is top 3 in the world alongside Kimmich and Casemiro. Its just my opinion obviously (I'm a United fan).

Mr. Ant

I think his lack of form is more due to Arteta and his elite level of management rather than him being not good enough.

FatTails

Just because he is performing like crap now doesn’t mean he would’ve been if we signed him, or that the people who wanted him signed at the time are wrong. So many hindsight 20/20 folks in here.

You’d think as United fans we’d be familiar with the concept of good or great players joining us and immediately turning to shit. Goodness knows we’ve seen enough of that over the past 8 years!

Bondi77

Sounds like all the talk about Sancho

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Any good player will struggle in that team and with that manager.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I remember when the cafe used to go negative over some of our potential signings (Carrick for example) and they usually turned out to be very good players for us. And when the cafe cocks out for a potential signing (ADM, Sanchez), they don't do very well.

There's a lesson to be learnt here. Football fans know nothing when judging if a player is a good fit for the club will act like they know everything because they play some video game simulation or watch YouTube highlights or just a few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.