Thomas Tuchel confirmed as PSG's new manager

RoyH1

Him falling out with Mbappé was a death sentence for him. The moment he's knocked out of the CL he'll be toast.

Arsenal for him maybe?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He has a name that sounds like it’s from a history book.

Either a writer or he did some bad stuff in the war.

Zhadow

Him falling out with Mbappé was a death sentence for him. The moment he's knocked out of the CL he'll be toast.

Arsenal for him maybe?
I believe it was reported that Bayern are very interested in him. I believe he will end there.

RoyH1

I believe it was reported that Bayern are very interested in him. I believe he will end there.
Interesting. I'd read somewhere that there was some internal politics at Bayers that made that less than certain, but maybe its been overcome.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
I would like him at Arsenal. Very good manager

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Bayern are apparently very interested in Ten Haag as well.

They'd probably try and go for any of the highly rated German managers. Not sure how their Board would handle Tuchel though. I don't know much about it, but I've read on here that Tuchel is an outspoken character.

Will be interesting to see what happens during the summer because I assume with Valverde will be toast at Barca as well - unless he delivers big ears.

crossy1686

career ending
I would like him at Arsenal. Very good manager
Yeah, he's not. The perception of a good manager these days seems to be someone who stands on the touchline frantically shouting and waving their hands while looking like a savant because their players just simply cannot grasp the 1-2-1-3-1-1 formation that they thought up will meditating in the hills of India. He's not that good and he can't even get along with his players long enough to get meaningful results out of them, and for a league when PSG will win the title 10/10, that isn't impressive.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
CL or bust for him regardless I would have thought. Two last 16 KO’s in a row would have been enough for me.

Schneckerl

I certainly don't think so anyway.
Yeah, he's not. The perception of a good manager these days seems to be someone who stands on the touchline frantically shouting and waving their hands while looking like a savant because their players just simply cannot grasp the 1-2-1-3-1-1 formation that they thought up will meditating in the hills of India. He's not that good and he can't even get along with his players long enough to get meaningful results out of them, and for a league when PSG will win the title 10/10, that isn't impressive.
How many good managers are there according to most people here? Two or three? Must be by far the hardest profession on the planet.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The only place where winning the league is seen as a failure unless if you go far in the Champions League.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Julien spoke about this on a podcast. Said its more Bayern related. Bayern wanted him before they had Kovac and he is the perfect manager for them. For Tuchel it may well feel like it's the right time to move on, he said PSG actually like Tuchel if I'm not mistaken?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
The guy is great. Hope PSG will be a door opener for him. Easily one of those managers that could lift a sleeping giant backninto the elite tier.

Shame he'll probably end up at Bayern now that Hoeneß is gone. My only hope is Barca kick out Valverde and sign Tuchel instead.

passing-wind

Wow that's Ten Haag, Tuchel, Poch all potentially available next summer. I'm only behind Ole if we make top four, If not the club would be stupid to not pursue one of the three.

izec

Wow that's Ten Haag, Tuchel, Poch all potentially available next summer. I'm only behind Ole if we make top four, If not the club would be stupid to not pursue one of the three.
it would be our luck to keep Ole, to only sack him once they are all gone and then appoint a newbie again

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
He's not great but he's a decent manager.
+1

Tuchel had a good run at Dortmund, but he completely failed at PSG. That puts a significant dent on his reputation. Bayern may gamble on him, since he did show himself very well in Bundesliga, but anywhere else - people should think twice before signing him. Clearly, he was unable to deal with "Galactico" players and make best of the enormous budget PSG threw at him.

For one, I have zero desire to see Tuchel come to United.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Hopefully they go for Pep next
Don't think Pep wants a return knowing him. He probably wants a new league new club etc. Besides, Bayern have a German speaking requirement on their shortlist apparently (I heard this on the totally football podcast, think it was mentioned by Rafael Hogenstein).

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Don't think Pep wants a return knowing him. He probably wants a new league new club etc. Besides, Bayern have a German speaking requirement on their shortlist apparently (I heard this on the totally football podcast, think it was mentioned by Rafael Hogenstein).
Sorry I was talking about PSG

NewGlory

Sorry I was talking about PSG
I doubt Pep will want to go to a subpar competition like Ligue 1. The only reason he would do it, would be if he wants to win a CL again, by playing an easy league and easily concentrating on CL games. However, Ligue 1is so weak that PSG doesn't get properly challenged domestically and that also hurts their preparedness at CL-level. So, overall - I don't see it happening.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I doubt Pep will want to go to a subpar competition like Ligue 1. The only reason he would do it, would be if he wants to win a CL again, by playing an easy league and easily concentrating on CL games. However, Ligue 1is so weak that PSG doesn't get properly challenged domestically and that also hurts their preparedness at CL-level. So, overall - I don't see it happening.
To be fair he went to Bayern for 3 seasons which was a dead league at the time.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
How many good managers are there according to most people here? Two or three? Must be by far the hardest profession on the planet.
i said very good manager and not elite. But people disagreed. I would like to know who they view as very good manager tbh. My guess is there is like 3 elite manager and 4-5 very good managers in these peoples list.

Denis79

I don't see many other alternatives, unless he takes on a national team.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
When he signed for Bayern Dortmund were reigning champions and en route to the CL final, so I'm not really sure what your definition of dead is.

I think Tuchel is a very good coach, perhaps the closest thing to Guardiola, if you can't get the original. I think going out against United was a bit unlucky and I wouldn't hold it against anyone if they end up getting stabbed in the back by PSG's players.
That being said I'm still not convinced he has the people skills to be successful long term.
At Mainz he had an abrubt exit, at Dortmund he talked himself into getting fired despite matching/exceeding expectations and at PSG, too I read that he was complaining about this and that in public every couple of weeks.

I think tactically he's a perfect fit for Bayern, the kind of coach their players have been desperate for since Heynckes and Pep, but the press will have a field day if he starts talking/leaking about management decisions and his players constantly. BRAZZO is already a laughning stock and guys on Rummenigge's level are half management, half politicians, they won't stand criticism of internal processes via the press for very long.

Last edited:

NewGlory

Bundesliga is no EPL, but compared to Ligue 1, it is much better.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
When he signed for Bayern Dortmund were reigning champions and en route to the CL final, so I'm not really sure what your definition of dead is.

I think Tuchel is a very good coach, perhaps the closest thing to Guardiola, if you can't get the original. I think going out against United was a bit unlucky and I wouldn't hold it against anyone if they end up getting stabbed in the back by PSG's players.
That being said I'm still not convinced he has the people skills to be successful long term.
At Mainz he had an abrubt exit, at Dortmund he talked himself into getting fired despite matching/exceeding expectations and at PSG, too I read that he was complaining about this and that in public every couple of weeks.

I think tactically he's a perfect fit for Bayern, the kind of coach their players have been desperate for since Heynckes and Pep, but the press will have a field day if he starts talking/leaking about management decisions and his players constantly.
Yes actually you're right. Apologies it was in no way a dead league.

Weirdly I do see Pep eventually going PSG if not for moneys sake than to take a punt at a Champions League.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Pep‘s German is quite good, actually.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Pep‘s German is quite good, actually.
It is, although I'm unsure if Hogenstein was hinting at a German national or general German speaker on the podcast. I think Arsene can speak too? I still find it odd they didn't go for him, to me they must have someone lined up for talks in the summer.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
It is, although I'm unsure if Hogenstein was hinting at a German national or general German speaker on the podcast. I think Arsene can speak too? I still find it odd they didn't go for him, to me they must have someone lined up for talks in the summer.
German speaking should be enough, after all we seem to be very interested in ten Hag. Arsene Wenger speaks nearly perfect German. I believe we simply didn't think he was good enough for us.

Suedesi

I think tactically he's a perfect fit for Bayern, the kind of coach their players have been desperate for since Heynckes and Pep, but the press will have a field day if he starts talking/leaking about management decisions and his players constantly. BRAZZO is already a laughning stock and guys on Rummenigge's level are half management, half politicians, they won't stand criticism of internal processes via the press for very long.
Nail on the head.