Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Because contrary to the popular line, the sackings of the past run deeper than the top line of "we don't win the league or UCL".
Like managers falling out with the board for example? Something Tuchel has been well known for when he hasnt gotten his way.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
What makes you say that?
He’s had to deal with alot of things off the pitch, lukaku interview, and the sanction and sale of the club and he handled it well. Seems to have a good relationship with the board.

Only lost 4 premier league games which is only 1 more than city, considering it’s his first full season thats not too bad. Under Lampard our defence was poor, Tuchel has turned us into one of the best defences in Europe.

Had to deal with lots of injuries and Covid. Kovacic, chilwell, James, Kante etc. Plus most of our dropped points came in tis period where we had lots of Covid cases and injuries at the same time. While some teams were allowed to call off games even with just 1 Covid case in the squad.

Hasn’t really signed any of his own players, still not sure Lukaku was his signing and he had sold more then he has spent.
Still in the top 4, FA Cup and champions league quarter final.

Dont think there is any manager better than him available.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Meh, freak result and embarrassing of course, but they happen from time to time. The team held up surprisingly well considering the Roman chaos. Not going to start worrying unless it becomes a habit.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Wifes divorcing him.

I know the result was bad but that's a bit much.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I really like him, love the way he answers dumb questions from the media. Treats them with the contempt they deserve.
More managers need to do that.

You have exclusive access to some of the most brilliant minds in the sport and all you can come up with is windup/bantz questions?

mctrials23

He really hasn't done a bad job at all. Had to deal with plenty of shit and is competing with 2 of the best club sides the league has seen in a long time and winning the CL back to back is very hard and requires quite a slice of luck. Your goalkeeper gifting the opposition a goal and your £98m striker missing a pretty simple chance probably wouldn't be considered good luck.

Managers can only do so much and from the highlights I saw of yesterdays game, Chelsea were not outclassed. Tuchel is clearly a very good manager and if he can sign a few players in the summer and perhaps get rid of Lukaku somehow the they might mount a title challenge next season.

cyberman

He really hasn't done a bad job at all. Had to deal with plenty of shit and is competing with 2 of the best club sides the league has seen in a long time and winning the CL back to back is very hard and requires quite a slice of luck. Your goalkeeper gifting the opposition a goal and your £98m striker missing a pretty simple chance probably wouldn't be considered good luck.

Managers can only do so much and from the highlights I saw of yesterdays game, Chelsea were not outclassed. Tuchel is clearly a very good manager and if he can sign a few players in the summer and perhaps get rid of Lukaku somehow the they might mount a title challenge next season.
Has he competed with Liverpool or City though?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Well done for winning a CL but hasn't been that great during the PL this season.

The moment he signed Lukaku made me question him a bit.

Ferrers

Supports
Chelsea
Well done for winning a CL but hasn't been that great during the PL this season.

Think you don’t understand how Chelsea transfer policy works he is the head coach he doesn’t have the final say on signings or contracts.

Granted he’s been a terrible signing but not one you can blame Tuchal for.

It can’t be overstated how big a loss losing both wingbacks mid way through the season was and added to the fact a number of players are moving on due to not being able to negotiate the contracts means the squad isn’t performing at anywhere near the level it was only so much of those Problems fall at his door.

Vapor trail

It can’t be overstated how big a loss losing both wingbacks mid way through the season was and added to the fact a number of players are moving on due to not being able to negotiate the contracts means the squad isn’t performing at anywhere near the level it was only so much of those Problems fall at his door.
These are valid points especially the effects of delayed contractual agreements on the players mentally it could be a challenge. I don't think any Chelsea fan or the players would have predicted the current set of circumstances surrounding the club and team last season everything has come full circle very quickly.

There was some positives from the result yesterday compared to Brentford Chelsea had more than enough chances to draw the game at a minimum, so the players certainly haven't downed tools but the team does lack the same intensity as seen during the beginning phases of the season.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Think you don’t understand how Chelsea transfer policy works he is the head coach he doesn’t have the final say on signings or contracts.

Granted he’s been a terrible signing but not one you can blame Tuchal for.

That Maybe right -

It's more about the moment he tried for Haaland and then got rejected; then seemingly went for Lukaku.

There is better strikers to go for that for that money and it seemed unnecessary.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

I dont think he went to the board room and said " yeah, I want this guy. He really fits my system".

mctrials23

Has he competed with Liverpool or City though?
Not yet. Maybe he never will. City have a better manager and a much better and more settled squad so if he was then he would really be punching. Liverpool have a better manager and a better squad which again is very settled.

He also lost two of his most productive players after the first few months of the season, hasn't got a decent, in-form striker and has had to deal with all the Abramovic stuff.

I simply don't think hes doing a bad job. If hes not pushing City/Liverpool closer next season (depending on this summers transfer business) then I might be a bit more critical but currently I think hes doing a decent job.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
He's lucky Arsenal, Spurs and us are having a meh season. Horrid 2022.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Not getting smashed to bits by Brentford at home probably is though.
Liverpool got stuffed by Villa last season, results like that happen sometimes.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Here's a shocking stat, since RR has come in we've registered 1 more point that Chelsea (albeit with a game extra played). Since GW 15 Chelsea have only been the 6th best side in the league. That's actually mental

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Here's a shocking stat, since RR has come in we've registered 1 more point that Chelsea (albeit with a game extra played). Since GW 15 Chelsea have only been the 6th best side in the league. That's actually mental
Makes sense since we were top of the league GW14 and there's a reason we're 12 points off the pace now. Combine the two 15 game periods and we're about the 3rd best side in the league.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
In that space of time, I'm surprised we're as high as sixth to be honest!

Thank god everyone else have been even wanker than us.

Sylar

Subs weren't good today
His set up initially was great

It was completely opposite to Carlo and Madrid.

marktan

Got the tactics spot on. The subs they brought on were shite and killed the game. Probably would've been better of just playing the 120 with the starting XI.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Tuchel did well, very close ties overall, no embarassment going out tonight.

mu4c_20le

Great coach but think he might actually be a serial killer. He almost snapped today.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Brilliant job by Tuchel - don't think he can be faulted really. Without the idiotic individual mistakes this tie we're through - hard to hold him responsible for Mendy and Kante dithering.

Supports
Chelsea
We deserved to go through but when you make the mistakes Mendy did in the first leg, and Kante did for both of Madrid's goals tonight, genuine world class players in Modric and Benzema make all the difference.

All of the subs were pretty crap but most of the players who went off were dead on their feet so I can't blame Tuchel for making them.