Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Did better in the second leg, but the game was lost in their home stadium. Fans has short memories, but being outplayed by real Madrid in their home cost them the tie
They were only better than us in the first half in the first leg.

Charles Miller

Why sack watch? He is doing an excellent job. Can't expect Chelsea winning major trophies every year.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Gutting that. Dust ourselfs off and let's stop whatever treble/quadruple scenario there might be come the end of the season. Given the expectation I had at the beginning of the season an FA Cup win at the end will still feel like a missed opportunity.

SAFMUTD

This lost is on the players, Mendy gifted Real a goal and tonight they missed so many chances and Madrid's second goal coming from Kante's distraction seems harsh.

He definitely won the tactic duel against Ancelotti but the rest is on the players.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
They were only better than us in the first half in the first leg.
They were better more than just the first half. You don't loose 3-1 at home and only were better one half. In the second leg, I thought both real Madrid and chelsea was even. When you compared it to how psg dominated real Madrid, it was like night and day. On that day, the best team didnt go through. Tuchel side showed a lot of fight and energy, but I wouldnt say Chelsea over two legs was the better team. On this day, the better team went through. However, if chelsea performed like the way they did in the second leg at home, then they could have went through. The blame was partly on tuchel for being tactical naive in the first league.

Paul_Scholes18

Chelsea are playing really well, but miss that top quality striker. Lukaku totally failed so far to be that guy.

Werner is doing better though maybe he can step up?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
They were better more than just the first half. You don't loose 3-1 at home and only were better one half. In the second leg, I thought both real Madrid and chelsea was even. When you compared it to how psg dominated real Madrid, it was like night and day. On that day, the best team didnt go through. Tuchel side showed a lot of fight and energy, but I wouldnt say Chelsea over two legs was the better team. On this day, the better team went through. However, if chelsea performed like the way they did in the second leg at home, then they could have went through. The blame was partly on tuchel for being tactical naive in the first league.
It's impressive how you manage to insert Pochettino into practically every shite post you make on this forum about football. Quite impressive.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea are playing really well, but miss that top quality striker. Lukaku totally failed so far to be that guy.

Werner is doing better though maybe he can step up?
It‘s not even about the striker anymore. Havertz is clearly the main man up top now. What we need is a top class signing to replace Pulisic/Werner/CHO. Someone who can chip in with 15+ goals from wide like Son/Mané/Jota etc.

Havertz and Mount have been on fire and will be the undroppables going forward. We need 1 more guy to play with them and match their level consistently.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Full marks for spurning the opportunity to fully pivot to Poch-talk there. Kept it subtle. You're really growing as a poster.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Havertz and Mount have been on fire and will be the undroppables going forward. We need 1 more guy to play with them and match their level consistently.
I don't think Chelsea are winning the league if Havertz and Mount are your undroppables. Like last summer Chelsea need that attacker at a higher level than what you have already with the likes of Havertz, Mount, Pulisic etc being the ones that chip in and help

It does seem like Havertz best position in as a false 9 (was that his position in Germany when he scored all the goals?) so you're probably looking at a prolific wide attacker like Salah but with not many of them about you might just be better just ditching Havertz completely and replacing him with someone like Haaland

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Gutting that. Dust ourselfs off and let's stop whatever treble/quadruple scenario there might be come the end of the season. Given the expectation I had at the beginning of the season an FA Cup win at the end will still feel like a missed opportunity.
Chelsea, football needs you :D go and win the FA cup! :lol:

Righteous Steps

I don't think Chelsea are winning the league if Havertz and Mount are your undroppables. Like last summer Chelsea need that attacker at a higher level than what you have already with the likes of Havertz, Mount, Pulisic etc being the ones that chip in and help

It does seem like Havertz best position in as a false 9 (was that his position in Germany when he scored all the goals?) so you're probably looking at a prolific wide attacker like Salah but with not many of them about you might just be better just ditching Havertz completely and replacing him with someone like Haaland
Agree Havertz can be one but if those two are ‘undroppables’ you don’t win the league.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He seems like a great knock out manager in comparison to a consistent league manager.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
He seems like a great knock out manager in comparison to a consistent league manager.
We have been consistent in the league, we have only lost 4 games thats only 1 more than Man City. We drew too many games in a period where injuries and covid hurt us.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea certainly weren't better than Madrid in the 2nd half of the first leg either though
Apart from the Mendy mistake i think we were, we had more control of the game when Kovacic came on and had some good chances.

Stadjer

We have been consistent in the league, we have only lost 4 games thats only 1 more than Man City. We drew too many games in a period where injuries and covid hurt us.
Tuchel is great manager but people on this forum love to downplay him.

RopersReturn

Actually I thought Chelsea played brilliantly to overturn their deficit. Kante perhaps wasn’t at his best, and an earlier mistake aloud Modric enough time to nab the ball off him, to allow Real to draw level on aggregate. At that point the game changed and Chelsea began to look rather rattled and tired.

Last edited:

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Good point. But PSG dominated and still bottled it at the end of the day. Ah well, that’s football, like life.

Who’s the manager of PSG out of interest?

charlenefan

Ralf has more points than Tuchel and Ralf is absolutely awful

charlenefan

Tuchel is great manager but people on this forum love to downplay him.
That's not true is it, people want him to do poorly at Chelsea so he's sacked and we can hire him (logic I don't really understand but anyway)

He's clearly an elite manager though

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Ralf has more points than Tuchel and Ralf is absolutely awful
That doesn't change what i have said. Only losing 4 games in 30, having the third best defence, was joint first before Brentford game doesn't suggest we are not consistent.

Kaos

Who's gonna sack him? Boris Johnson?

No chance their new owners get rid of him. I'm sure the fans would be livid too.

charlenefan

That doesn't change what i have said. Only losing 4 games in 30, having the third best defence, was joint first before Brentford game doesn't suggest we are not consistent.
Games aren't only won or lost though, there's a 3rd outcome

Fact is we're shite, like really really shite and yet since RR has come in we've somehow got 1 more point than Chelsea have, that's not great for your lot

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

They blew it, same as your precious Poch.
They created a lot of chances but when you compare it with psg game xg, psg not only created more chance over two legs vs mardid but on the first leg made real Madrid look like a pub team by limiting them to just .13 xg, which is incredible to do for a team like real Madrid with benzema. Also, when you look at the xg, Chelsea scored 4 goals, while psg scored two. It speaks volume about the poor finishing at psg as the xg difference between both leg wasn't significantly much. Chelsea didn't limit real Madrid as much as psg did tactically, which some could say was there down fall.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
They created a lot of chances but when you compare it with psg game xg, psg not only created more chance over two legs vs mardid but on the first leg made real Madrid look like a pub team by limiting them to just .13 xg, which is incredible to do for a team like real Madrid with benzema. Also, when you look at the xg, Chelsea scored 4 goals, while psg scored two. It speaks volume about the poor finishing at psg as the xg difference between both leg wasn't significantly much. Chelsea didn't limit real Madrid as much as psg did tactically, which some could say was there down fall.
I love you. You are unbeatable.

Bondi77

It‘s not even about the striker anymore. Havertz is clearly the main man up top now. What we need is a top class signing to replace Pulisic/Werner/CHO. Someone who can chip in with 15+ goals from wide like Son/Mané/Jota etc.

So not a fan of Pulisic?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He needs to sort out of their balance next season. Typically they don't score enough with their attack being too blunt. Now they're suddenly scoring lots but their defence has become a bit shit. They probably need one key addition at either end of the pitch.

DevilRed

Got to admit they played extemely well yesterday. Probably deserved to win it but lost the plot at the end due to benzema brilliance.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
There's something "on & off" with Havertz that is holding Chelsea a little back than needed imo.