Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Drama seems to follow this guy, his CL win with Chelsea gave him a huge amount of credit but he has not done enough before or since to think that he would do a good job at Utd or Liverpool. Mourinho usually went toxic in season 3, this guy barely can get through 2.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'd take him as England manager!
It would be great for the images alone. Eddie ten bellies, with a garish rose tattooed on his hairy back, screaming Ingerlund as the players walk up to lift the World Cup, before struggling to process that the manager standing alongside the team is one of them filfy facking forrinurs.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
It’s clearly not about points on the table with Bayern. If they feel they can’t work with a coach, if the coach isn’t quite on the same page, or this current coach has no chance of winning the CL in the next 3 seasons, then the coach goes and the Bayern machine rumbles on.

They’ve successfully monopolised the BL and only lose it when they allow another team to win it. Their aim is to sign some of the best players in Europe and win the CL as often as possible. In the pursuit of doing that they will swap and change managers until they find a great coach with the right mindset. If you have a great setup like they do, and you don’t move on a coach that everyone feels isn’t quite up to it you just lower expectations and standards, then you end up like United and everything gets worse year on year.
Funnily enough many Bayern fans on transfermarkt right now see huge parallels with United in terms of club management.

1,5 months ago not many would have put their money on Leverkusen to eventually win the league. Actually even 10 days ago most expected Bayern to go to Leverkusen and win.

Ancelotti signed until 2026. That's 2 years. Alonso definitely won't stay another 2 years at Leverkusen. Can't see that at all.
Wouldn't be too sure about that. Alonso has a career plan and he has already shown that he declines offers of bigger clubs in order not to rush things. That aside, Ancelotti having contract until 2026 means as much as Alonso's expiring then. I think 2025 it is, personally but who knows.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
If Bayern had got all the details of his Chelsea exit I doubt they would have hired him.

He hasn't sorted himself and it's showing in their results like it did in ours.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
They’ve successfully monopolised the BL and only lose it when they allow another team to win it.
Funnily enough that statement was true last season when they allowed Dortmund to win it. This season they are not allowing another team to win it (going by usual standards) and still they won last season and likely won't this season.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I view him like I view Mourinho - great to have them in football because they’re mental and entertaining….just not at your club

caid

Funnily enough many Bayern fans on transfermarkt right now see huge parallels with United in terms of club management.

Wouldn't be too sure about that. Alonso has a career plan and he has already shown that he declines offers of bigger clubs in order not to rush things. That aside, Ancelotti having contract until 2026 means as much as Alonso's expiring then. I think 2025 it is, personally but who knows.
Their team kind of reminds me of us. In a bad way obviously. They should hire Ole to complete the transformation.

crossy1686

career ending
Funnily enough that statement was true last season when they allowed Dortmund to win it. This season they are not allowing another team to win it (going by usual standards) and still they won last season and likely won't this season.
Hence the reason they’re all super pissed off about everything that’s happened this season. For the first time in years they’re not in control of their own fate.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Tuchel could start a fight in an empty room. Not the right fit for the culture we're (hopefully) trying to create.

mu4c_20le

Someone to keep an eye on. Not the right timing at the moment, but deserves to be considered.

matsdf

He is the most overrated manager around. He has achieved roughly the same as Di Matteo as a manager.

mikeyt

The most overrated coach in football at the moment having stolen the mantle from ETH. This is a guy who is unlikely to win the Bundesliga with by far the best squad in the league. Most of the caf would win the league managing this Bayern team.

You have to laugh at the way the story is worded, Tuchel is looking at Man Utd, as if he's that arrogant he thinks he could get any job.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Guys, he's a great manager and a lovely charming man who brings good vibes to the dressing room. Great strategies, gentle lover, knows excel, probably works at a dogshelter during the weekend and surely the man to stand up to the Glazers!

Please take him from us now

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Sky Germany now, too.

:cool:
all our best managers have been english, like busby and sir alex, i can’t imagine inoes will move away from that if they decide to part with ten hag.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Guys, he's a great manager and a lovely charming man who brings good vibes to the dressing room. Great strategies, gentle lover, knows excel, probably works at a dogshelter during the weekend and surely the man to stand up to the Glazers!

Please take him from us now
Can he do Index/Match?

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
They’ve successfully monopolised the BL and only lose it when they allow another team to win it. Their aim is to sign some of the best players in Europe and win the CL as often as possible. In the pursuit of doing that they will swap and change managers until they find a great coach with the right mindset. If you have a great setup like they do, and you don’t move on a coach that everyone feels isn’t quite up to it you just lower expectations and standards, then you end up like United and everything gets worse year on year.
Yeah but they're not really succeeding at this. The only manager who's won them the CL in recent years was an assistant manager.

saivet

I wouldn't take him as United manager. I'd consider him for the England role, though I'm unsure whether he would be the right sort of fit.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
If Bayern had got all the details of his Chelsea exit I doubt they would have hired him.

He hasn't sorted himself and it's showing in their results like it did in ours.
I'm intrigued by this... Can you elaborate?