Thoughts on Tuchel as a potential United manager?

Would you appoint Thomas Tuchel as the next Manchester United manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

If the rumors are true and ten Hag is going to leave then I really hope we will go for Tuchel. I wanted Klopp before he joined Liverpool and after that Tuchel was always the one for me.
He gets less praise because of his personality but I remember that back then his Dortmund side was valued higher overall than under Klopp's reign.
We have tried the step-up thing with Moyes, Ole und ten Hag. I didn't work.
Also the old guard with Mourinho and LvG was not really a success.
Tuchel has the perfect age, a lot of experience but still in his peak and young enough to build something if given the time.
A no-brainer for me.

croadyman

If the rumors are true and ten Hag is going to leave then I really hope we will go for Tuchel. I wanted Klopp before he joined Liverpool and after that Tuchel was always the one for me.
He gets less praise because of his personality but I remember that back then his Dortmund side was valued higher overall than under Klopp's reign.
Tuchel has the perfect age, a lot of experience but still in his peak and young enough to build something if given the time.
A no-brainer for me.
Would be my top choice but convinced INEOS will just see him as too much like Mourinho in terms of character. Personally I don’t see the harm in appointing him for a couple of seasons then go and get Alonso/Nagelsmann

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
A no-brainer for me.
What man utd trying to develop the structure with background staffs like technical director and technical team who holds all the power in transfer but head coach who is willing to work with what he got then tuchel is your best choice. Don't involve in first team and decision making is all he wanted once pre-season started.

He loved the way marina and Roman operated at chelsea. He expressed many times that way of working environment suited him best.

dinostar77

How many other managers who are available have won as many trophies as tuchel?

Serial trophy winners have standards, if those standards aren't being met then players who aren't up to the challenge normally find themselves out of favour. It's what we need, to get the club back to the standards that serial winners demand.

1X CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNER
20/21Chelsea FC

1X FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP WINNER
21/22Chelsea FC

1X GERMAN CHAMPION

2X FRENCH CHAMPION

1X UEFA SUPERCUP WINNER
21/22Chelsea FC

1X GERMAN CUP WINNER

1X FRENCH CUP WINNER

1X FRENCH LEAGUE CUP WINNER

2X FRENCH SUPER CUP WINNER

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

Serial trophy winners have standards, if those standards aren't being met then players who aren't up to the challenge normally find themselves out of favour. It's what we need, to get the club back to the standards that serial winners demand.

20/21Chelsea FC

21/22Chelsea FC

1X GERMAN CHAMPION

2X FRENCH CHAMPION

1X UEFA SUPERCUP WINNER
21/22Chelsea FC

1X GERMAN CUP WINNER

1X FRENCH CUP WINNER

I mean, if we're deciding based on who can win cups...

dinostar77

I mean, if we're deciding based on who can win cups...
3 league trophies in that list. Of managers who are available at the moment. Only Allegri has more 6 x league titles.

Would still have tuchel over Allegri, as tuchel has won trophies in 3 different countries and leagues in 2 different countries.

Wilt

Tuchel qualifying 3 CL semifinals with 3 different clubs is impressive

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
I'll be honest, if he plays that back 5 nonsense I wouldn't want him.
Yup. So boring to watch. Also problematic since we need to have two world class wingbacks to make it work, while we already need to adress the CB, DM and CF positions with limited money as I read it. AWB is absolutely not going to cut it in that role, Shaw and Malacia are hardly available, Dalot could do it but he's no Davies/Frimpong/Dumfries.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

20/21Chelsea FC

21/22Chelsea FC

1X GERMAN CHAMPION

2X FRENCH CHAMPION

1X UEFA SUPERCUP WINNER
21/22Chelsea FC

1X GERMAN CUP WINNER

1X FRENCH CUP WINNER

Implodes every 2 years. Categorically not what we need. Also wet the bed at Bayern. It's not even like we have a bad cup manager here, he's much better than average in fact.

Leão

Supports
Sporting Clube Farense
We should be ruthless like Real Madrid, Tuchel is a top 5 coach in the world, it is a no brainer to sign him as the next manager.

Spark

Agree with others in that he is the only coach worth replacing ETH with, of those available and linked.

Poch, no way. Awful season off the back of a few years of mediocrity.

McKenna, not yet/fully unproven at the highest level.

Southgate, must be a wind up.

That said, I still don’t think Tuchel is worth replacing ETH with. I’m ETH in.

dinostar77

Implodes every 2 years. Categorically not what we need. Also wet the bed at Bayern. It's not even like we have a bad cup manager here, he's much better than average in fact.
He's exactly what we need. High demands,high standards. 2-3 seasons is enough. It works for the likes of Bayern,Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Chelsea etc. Why not us? The "long term" manager idea only works if a manager has success and decides to stay on.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's exactly what we need. High demands,high standards. 2-3 seasons is enough. It works for the likes of Bayern,Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Chelsea etc. Why not us? The "long term" manager idea only works if a manager has success and decides to stay on.
Ten Hag has high demands and high standards too. Tuchel wet the bed massively at Bayern just now and finished 3rd with early cup exit domestically (same last year if I'm not mistaken). He's also a lot more abrasive and known to be difficult to work with.

dinostar77

Ten Hag has high demands and high standards too. Tuchel wet the bed massively at Bayern just now and finished 3rd with early cup exit domestically (same last year if I'm not mistaken). He's also a lot more abrasive and known to be difficult to work with.
Ten Hag "high standards" haven't been seen all season. Selecting players even when they have been poor again and again.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ten Hag "high standards" haven't been seen all season. Selecting players even when they have been poor again and again.
Nor did Tuchel for Bayern last season. Ten hag still won a cup though and this time people can't bitch about his run to the final or the opposition. What's your point.

Stadjer

Knocked out in the cup by a third division team actually. ETH atleast won against a Coventry from the Championship!

But if ETH is sacked, Tuchel seems to be the most logical option as replacement. Eventhough he will only last 2/3 years, maybe win a cup and qualify for the CL. I think ETH can do that too if he has a fit squad.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned

20/21Chelsea FC

21/22Chelsea FC

1X GERMAN CHAMPION

2X FRENCH CHAMPION

1X UEFA SUPERCUP WINNER
21/22Chelsea FC

1X GERMAN CUP WINNER

1X FRENCH CUP WINNER

Not sure that is as impressive has you think it is. Winning with Bayern and PSG aren't a good measuring stick...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Knocked out in the cup by a third division team actually. ETH atleast won against a Coventry from the Championship!

But if ETH is sacked, Tuchel seems to be the most logical option as replacement. Eventhough he will only last 2/3 years, maybe win a cup and qualify for the CL. I think ETH can do that too if he has a fit squad.
Third division!!
And he came 3rd in a two house league.

dinostar77

Nor did Tuchel for Bayern last season. Ten hag still won a cup though and this time people can't bitch about his run to the final or the opposition. What's your point.
Tuchel won the league with Bayern last season and this season just gone, they may have fecked up but scored 94 goals.

He can put a high effective attacking team together. It's him or Poch as our next manager

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Tuchel won the league with Bayern last season and this season just gone, they may have fecked up but scored 94 goals.

He can put a high effective attacking team together. It's him or Poch as our next manager
Its the Bundasliga and he came third in a two horse race and wet the bed in domestic cups again, this time to a third division side. Please there was no high standard, or he would have demonstrated it.

He also scraped Bundasliga after dortmund fecked it on the final day, if I'm not mistaken.

Stadjer

Not sure that is as impressive has you think it is. Winning with Bayern and PSG aren't a good measuring stick...
His German title also was more a result of Dortmund losing it than Bayern winning it. He was very lucky to win in the end.

Tuchel his CL runs are impressive. Winning it with Chelsea and bringing PSG to the final is very good. Bringing Bayern to the semi final this year was also a good performance but ETH also managed to get to the semi final with Ajax.

Tuchel his resume isnt that much more impressive than ETH his.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Its the Bundasliga and he came third in a two horse race
It's kind of hilarious to call the Bundesliga a two horse race, referring to Bayern and Dortmund, when these two finished third and fifth this season. That description fit the league last season and in several other seasons, but not all the time and surely not this year.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Bookies still have McKenna as the overwhelming favorite, followed by Pochettino and then Tuchel. So they don't seem to be buying into these rumors.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

20/21Chelsea FC

21/22Chelsea FC

1X GERMAN CHAMPION

2X FRENCH CHAMPION

1X UEFA SUPERCUP WINNER
21/22Chelsea FC

1X GERMAN CUP WINNER

1X FRENCH CUP WINNER

Thought it wasn’t all about trophy’s though. We’re trying to create an identity, a style of play. I don’t recall Tuchel doing that at any club? He plays different ways depending on opponents.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Do not want. Negative, boring, cautious football with some occasional success. Rather keep ETH if Tuchel is the alternative.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's kind of hilarious to call the Bundesliga a two horse race, referring to Bayern and Dortmund, when these two finished third and fifth this season. That description fit the league last season and in several other seasons, but not all the time and surely not this year.
Yeah, because of Tuchel.

Tell me when Bayern last failed to win the Bundasliga. Then tell me when they last finished out of top 2. Then please explain how the league is not a two horse race with Bayern and one other.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Yeah, because of Tuchel.

Tell me when Bayern last failed to win the Bundasliga. Then tell me when they last finished out of top 2. Then please explain how the league is not a two horse race with Bayern and one other.
Stuttgart was relatively close to Bayern during the full season and early on to Bayer. It's absolutely fair to call it a three horse race and does them injustice if you don't include them. When Stuttgart and Bayer met in the cup Deniz Undav claimed that that was the meeting of the two best teams in Germany and a lot of people agreed. He double down on that statement in a hilarious interview after the final league match, but anyway, point is, Stuttgart has to be acknowledged as an absolute top team in this season, together with Bayern and Bayer. Everybody else clearly was a level below those three.

But I agree, if you define it as "Bayern and someone else" it fits most seasons. I often see people on here thinking only Bayern and Dortmund are relevant and ignore that quite often other teams are better than Dortmund. I wrongly assumed you would be one of them, I'm sorry for that.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
How is 94 league goals this season, boring negative football?
Really don’t care about his season with Bayern. Watched him with Chelsea and don’t want that stuff at United. Was worth it for Chelsea due to the CL win just like DiMatteo but don’t see him replicating it with United.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Really don’t care about his season with Bayern. Watched him with Chelsea and don’t want that stuff at United.
Chelsea was his most negative setup. No reason to expect that that would be his blueprint if he takes over United.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Really don’t care about his season with Bayern. Watched him with Chelsea and don’t want that stuff at United. Was worth it for Chelsea due to the CL win just like DiMatteo but don’t see him replicating it with United.
Chelsea was his most negative setup. No reason to expect that that would be his blueprint if he takes over United.
Also we weren't actually negative but just couldn't finish anything. Reece James was by far our best and most consistent finisher under Tuchel which should tell you everything you need to know. The football was excellent.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Also we weren't actually negative but just couldn't finish anything. Reece James was by far our best and most consistent finisher under Tuchel which should tell you everything you need to know. The football was excellent.
Let's not allow the opinion of someone, who actually watched his football every week, get in the way of things...

Or any of the stats about his teams. Or the typical tactics he has employed at most clubs, or the trophies he's won. None of that matters. We just need to keep ETH and everyone else gets dismissed by people who don't know what they're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.