Thoughts on Tuchel as a potential United manager?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Says how bad we are when so many people would be so on board with Tuchel when domestically he's really not doing great, lost an FA Cup final to Leicester, finished 4th due to Spurs beating Leicester, lost the league cup final to Liverpool and in a season where Chelsea were meant to challenge was out of the title race before Christmas

Im not sure he'd be the right man for us, he feels like a good fit for Chelsea but then feck knows who's a good fit for us now as the right fit for us these days are either managers completely out of their depth (Moyes and Ole) or those completely out of touch with modern football (LVG and Mourinho) so yeah there's that

Unique1905

Supports
Chelsea
Says how bad we are when so many people would be so on board with Tuchel when domestically he's really not doing great, lost an FA Cup final to Leicester, finished 4th due to Spurs beating Leicester, lost the league cup final to Liverpool and in a season where Chelsea were meant to challenge was out of the title race before Christmas

Im not sure he'd be the right man for us, he feels like a good fit for Chelsea but then feck knows who's a good fit for us now as the right fit for us these days are either managers completely out of their depth (Moyes and Ole) or those completely out of touch with modern football (LVG and Mourinho) so yeah there's that
Who needs Tuchel when Ten Hag will magically waltz in and break Pep and Klopp's six and seven years of dominance respectively.

Losing a final to Klopps Liverpool on penalties is now co considered a massive failure, interesting. Can't wait to see Ten's results against Liverpool in his first full season, hopefully he gets the job.

copen1945

No way he would contemplate leaving Chelsea now.
Isn't it the opposite? The end of the season should be the perfect time to go. Having won CL and will have steered the players through a difficult period, he could say goodbye and seek another challenge. I hope he comes to United.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Will
Not
Happen.

Put simple, CFC are a better proposition than us. We are unlikely to win any trophies anytime soon. CFC on the other hand will win trophies.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
As a Chelsea manager: Tuchel. Winning CL, club world cup.
As a Manunited manager : Tu hell. Losing at home to Watford, losing to Arsenal in FA cup, fighting with Harry Maguire.

#Seven

I heard Lampard will be looking fora job soon after getting Everton relegated. They can always get him back. He's a Chelsea legend after all.
Given that our managerial appointments since Fergie tend to be past their peak, I'm also worried that it will be Poch. Prior to PSG, he'd never won as a manager, and his trophy haul at PSG is below par - losing the title in a one-team league last year for example.

Wilt

Would take him in a heartbeat …..but don’t see it happening

acnumber9

Will
Not
Happen.

Put simple, CFC are a better proposition than us. We are unlikely to win any trophies anytime soon. CFC on the other hand will win trophies.
Not if they can’t sign players they won’t. Looking likely to lose some key defenders and they still haven’t got a striker worthy of the name. Kante getting older etc. They are a fair distance from the top two currently.

Green_Red

I'm in the corner of ETH ahead of Poch but how could you not immediately take Tuchel if he became available?? how would he get out of his contract though?

highly doubt he could just quit, walk away and immediately be hired by another prem club.

This guy would be an absolute home run type hire just for stability within the club much like he's brought to Chelsea.
Easy, when they fail to pay his wages.

K stand Red

Not going to happen, the vultures have been circling looking to buy the club and may now even get them at a better price and when bought all sanctions will be lifted and with the savings an increased transfer budget may be offered as a sweetener to the manager to smooth the way. And appease the fans etc

Going forward over the years to come dependant on who buys them,long term may not bank roll them to the extents RA did

NoPace

Good manager, but I'd have ETH ahead of him now that his team looks like a Pep style one. Tuchel ahead of Pochettino and Potter and I'm not sure about how to rank #3 and #4 though I'd probably lean Potter for the tmaupside.

allen7

Completely hate his tactics and gameplans. I’m afraid he’ll start sancho at RWB and rashford at LWB.

I rate him and conte as same level and don’t want them to manage us. But if he can come and make us a title challengers then I’m okay.

ETH is better to me then Ralf if not.

ExoduS

Nope, don't like him. He is a short term manager who has brains for tactics and sh1t like that, but has no impact to inspire and lead the team for a long time. It is proven that he is a "sprint" guy, not a "marathon" guy. Basically he can come in and win or close to winning but players eventually start to dislike him and all goes downhill as fast as it went uphill.

Yakuza_devils

The last I heard, Russia and Ukraine are in talks. For all we know, the war maybe over very soon. And everything will be back to normal in Chelsea.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
We’ve been a poisoned chalice for a while now. No way Tuchel is joining us regardless of the situation at Chelsea. I strongly feel Poch will be our manager next season after getting the sack from PSG. ETH might continue with Ajax if they go from strength to strength

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ahead of Pochettino for sure. Not sure about ETH as i don't know enough. Depends on who has more potential out of the two.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm in the corner of ETH ahead of Poch but how could you not immediately take Tuchel if he became available?? how would he get out of his contract though?

highly doubt he could just quit, walk away and immediately be hired by another prem club.

This guy would be an absolute home run type hire just for stability within the club much like he's brought to Chelsea.
It's not that simple. He did excellently to win the CL but his one big buy has been rubbish and he's got little out of their defence. Generally his impact has been very good he's definitely done well enough to be considered over Pochettino but it's not like he's absolutely a no brainer without equals.

I don't think he'll leave Chelsea this summer

mav_9me

I was extremely impressed by his initial work at improving them but they have been very very uninspiring and difficult to watch this season. I'd take the riskier ETH over him.

Emperor

Supports
Ajax
Seeing as it's behind a pay wall, why exactly has it actually become in any way possible we could get him? Are Chelsea really that fecked with the sanctions and sale?
Those sanctions are nuts. Only season ticket holders can attend Chelsea home matches. No other Chelsea fans or away fans at Chelsea home matches as it will count as new transaction. They cannot sign new players or extent contract of current players or staff as they will count as new transaction. Their super store will be close. It is horrible situation for Chelsea but give you guys chance to get the second best German manager.

Telsim

What makes you so sure he's "the next big thing" ?
Gut feeling. His work at Utrecht is nothing short of remarkable. It points to a guy with an understanding of football, a thinking mind, and a clear vision. If it was only Ajax I would have doubts he can succeed on his own. But he has already shown his success there is not purely because of Ajax's strong support structure. His overall work up to this point reminds me a bit of SAF's before he came here. I very much doubt he is going to be winning the CL of course, but then it's different times now.

I also don't believe in the PL proven argument, because frankly - it's bullshit. No one is PL proven until they are. The only issue I can see with Ten Hag comes from our side. The side of the idiotic board who might not let him see his vision to fruition and interfere, as they do. Which is why they want Poch so badly.

Zevvythered

The last I heard, Russia and Ukraine are in talks. For all we know, the war maybe over very soon. And everything will be back to normal in Chelsea.
Mate, I would love this to Be true, but fear this will last along time or until Ukraine falls. Putin is gone in the head and won’t stop until he has control again.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Can't say I think his style is very well matched to United but he'd be vastly better than our current manager and for that reason I'm in. Still rather try Ten Hag out though.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
players eventually start to dislike him and all goes downhill as fast as it went uphill.
I can't remember any reports of that happening, especially not from his more recent jobs, though man management was a clear weakness during his early work in Mainz.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Are you suggesting he has a loyalty to them? Let's see how long that lasts when they stop paying him.
IF that time that comes around we'd have a new manager.
Which is why I'm still finding this thread redundant :(

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I ask again, why Fletcher?
I am not a big fan of people who get promotions while working into a system that keeps failing especially when the person in question is inexperienced and is getting the job solely because of his previous association to the company in question (which is largely unrelated to the job in question)

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
It wont happen anytime soon, though I did see him as a United manager before he joined that London club.

OleTheGreat

Tuchel goes straight to #1 on the list but I'd still want ETH because I love his football tactics even more than that of Tuchel's plus I don't want him to pick us just because he has to. In the back of my mind, I'll always think his first choice was Chelsea.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I am not a big fan of people who get promotions while working into a system that keeps failing especially when the person in question is inexperienced and is getting the job solely because of his previous association to the company in question (which is largely unrelated to the job in question)
What I’m getting at, what do you think Fletchers job is?