Timothy Fosu-Mensah | 2017/18 Crystal Palace Performances

AR87

Will be quite hard to do even with impressive performances because Joel Ward is an automatic starter and will go back in to the starting XI on his return from injury. Schlupp is going to have surgery though, so will likely be out for some time. That could hopefully mean Joel Ward moving to LB opening up RB for Fosu-Mensah. With how he has been performing I expect him to continue getting plenty of time either way.
Thanks. I haven't followed Palace closely so appreciate the info. You have to think if he's putting in quality performances like he did today and vs. City that Hodgson will find a way to play him.

That doesn't put anything to bed though because he is also very good at CB. It is still very debatable where he is best at.
This sounds like one of them good problems.

Womp

idiot
Where do people think his position will end up being? He was absolutely phenomenal against City, the first RB in the league to put Sane in his pocket this season, that being said from an offensive pov he wasn't too good. We are stocked at CB and Tuanzebe etc. are better in that position for the future anyway.

Maybe as a destroyer or b2b in midfield?

IrishRedDevil

He's only turned 20, his attacking play will improve the more he plays.
It's important for a fullback to focus on learning to defend first, then the attacking will a slot into place when he's comfortable at full back and forms a relationship with the winger.

nikineil

It's exciting to have such talented youth proving themselves. Players like Pereira, TFM, Axel, messe and rashers will end up saving United millions and millions of moolah. I think our RB spot should be covered for a fair few years.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I've always felt he was underrated going forward at RB
He was always fairly decent when he did go forward, the problem was that he rarely did it. He just didn't seem to have the right understanding of the position to know what runs to make or how to make use of his incredible speed to really push the opposition back. If he can continue to improve in that regard he might just be what we are looking for.

Seven Seas Sardines

From Sky Sports.. Anyone got the highlights? :drool:

Man of the match - Timothy Fosu-Mensah

Another stellar showing from the Manchester United loanee as he helped his loan employers to a second clean sheet in three Premier League games.

The Dutchman put in a performance that defied his 20 years, winning an extraordinary seven tackles as the Eagles kept Sean Dyche's men at bay and ground out a narrow victory over this season's overperformers.

Ekeke

Sky Sports give him man of the match, Whoscored gives him man of the match...

Match of the day shows him attempting 2 crosses, one of which is blocked and a 3rd cross in some highlights after the match coverage.

:confused:

Seven Seas Sardines

Sky Sports give him man of the match, Whoscored gives him man of the match...

Match of the day shows him attempting 2 crosses, one of which is blocked and a 3rd cross in some highlights after the match coverage.

:confused:
If he was British and was on loan from Liverpool or City, I'm sure they'd have a 10-minute analysis of his performance..

Womp

idiot
With Shaw's place cemented for another decade, is TFM the future of our RB?
Did I miss something? He's done well recently, but Jesus. A few good performances after years of being underwhelming isn't enough proof to 'cement his place for the next decade'. If it wasn't for Young's injury, we'd have probably been in the market for a replacement currently. Let's see if he can even keep it up for the rest of the season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Will be good test for him against Arsenal. Obviously Arsenal will attack non stop so he won't be bombing forward much but it will be good test how he copes up with all the movement around him.

Infestissumam

starting at RB again today. 16th league start this season, not a bad loan spell at all in terms of playing time.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Been quite a good loan spell so far. I'll be disappointed if he isn't our backup RB next season. Wishful thinking but would like him to get a game or two at CB too.

JK-27

I've seen him play for Palace, very solid defender - pace, strength - but going forward not that great, looks unsure of himself (that may be also due to Palace playing bad football).

Eire Red United

Have only seen a small bit of him on loan but looks like he’ll be able to push Valencia hard for a spot next season.

Deleted member 101472

Looking horrible against Everton today. Honestly don’t see him coming back and having any sort of impact on our first 11.

OsloRed

Looking horrible against Everton today. Honestly don’t see him coming back and having any sort of impact on our first 11.
Based on one game? The kid is young and learning ffs, he's shown enough potential for us to be excited. One bad game for a bad team doesn't change that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 101472

Based on one game? The kid is young and learning ffs, he's shown enough potential for us to be excited. One bad game for a bad team doesn't change that.
I’m not basing it entirely off today, more so the fact that he hasn’t stuck out to the point where you’d say he can come back here and slot in. At the moment it’s still hoping he fulfils potential rather than expecting it.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Starting at CB against Spurs. I don't like him there but at least he's playing.

Member 90887

Yeap, wow. I assume their other CBs are injured then. If not, that's amazing. Glad to see our loanee being trusted to this extent, well he earned it with his solid performances for the eagles. Big test against Spurs.
Nah, Roy said that he feels TFM is ready to play in CB and that in his opinion, he's going to be a very good player. it looks like he's trusting him.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Been quite a good loan spell so far. I'll be disappointed if he isn't our backup RB next season. Wishful thinking but would like him to get a game or two at CB too.
Even more wishful thinking I'd like to see palace try 3 at the back for a few games to see how he does if tasked with bringing the ball up into midfield as well... not gonna happen but as a squad player (counting to home grown criteria) able to cover at right back, centre back And defensive midfield I look forward to having him back next year

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Has the odds against him today but the loan seems to have gone very well. As of now he'd be a really good squad player to have. I'd definitely have him as second choice RB and when needed backup midfield destroyer and CB.