Timothy Fosu-Mensah | 2017/18 Crystal Palace Performances

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Still raw but his pace and aggression is so much more suitable for a Mourinho team than Darmian/Blind. Probably better for his development that he sees the season out at Palace, hopefully establishing himself as 1st choice.

He's screaming out to be moulded into a either a CB, RB or DM. Just depends on the coach.

Thecarrickfan_2016

He was great in the first half, He had Sane in his pocket as well, I hope we keep him next season, Because, We could do with him personally.

Sigma

He’s been out of the team since Hodgson took over
Thats why I said if. He is getting some game time, but sometimes he misses out on the first team (partly through injury). Hopefully this performance gives Hodgson some impetus to keep starting with him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Don't recall him but please give him opportunities next season.

Walters_19_MuFc

Fantastic today. Was left in a 1v1 situation all game vs Sane and come out on top all the time.

Should be in our squad next season.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Did some quick number crunching so it may be slightly off but in this spell TFM has played 1097 out of 1890 max mins (been in matchday squad 21 out of 24 games this season) which means he's on the pitch for Palace 58% of the time. I don't think he'd play every other game at United. He's also played full games vs. City x2, Tottenham and Liverpool which is excellent for his development.

Silas

Really nice work at 1:23.

Last edited:

Raw

Would ease a lot of worries if he came in next season as our first team RB. My only worry is if he's as good in attack.

Classnordic

His physical attributes alone will is going to give him a good career, hopefully we bed him into that RB position. He has to be incredibly frustrating to play against.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
That's what I like to hear as he never really showed enough in attack when playing for us. He has all the tools to be an amazing attacking threat, but it was noticeable when playing there for us he played quite conservatively and rarely actually got forward. With his incredibly physicality and speed, combined with a very good passing ability (another thing which I didn't notice so much for us, but it's been something that has stood out when I've watched him at Palace), he should be almost unstoppable if he learns how to harness it correctly.

Boycott

I remember people bemoaning Hodgson's appointment as he's apparently a football dinosaur who won't help this kid's development. Palace on a whole are looking very sharp as the season is progressing.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He's already better than every RB at the club barring Tony, who has to sometimes miss matches. Not sure how Valencia's injury is healing up, but surely Jose is tempted to bring Fosu Mensah back now?

We can give them Darmian free of charge? Please?

ash_86

Finally, atleast one of our Loans are working great. Happy for him!!

extincti fugax hominum

Is he really that good at RB? Very pleasing to hear. I always wanted him to be our potential DM star since LVG gave him the chance but if he is really good at RB he can be very useful for us too.

Dobba

Didn't think it was possible for us to send a young player out on loan and it look like it was worth it. Just needs to keep at it until the end of the season and into the tour in the summer (not asking for much then!)

SaboTaj

So I’m assuming the whole discussion regarding Timmy’s best position on the pitch will well and truly be put to bed now.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
So I’m assuming the whole discussion regarding Timmy’s best position on the pitch will well and truly be put to bed now.
How? His defending is by far his best attribute and he has equally had some very impressive games at CB. His positioning has also been much better at CB than RB in the past.

Excited reading that he was impressive in attack today as it is his biggest weakness at RB. Really hoping he comes back next season and Mourinho gives him a proper back-up role.

Sigma

He's already better than every RB at the club barring Tony, who has to sometimes miss matches. Not sure how Valencia's injury is healing up, but surely Jose is tempted to bring Fosu Mensah back now?

We can give them Darmian free of charge? Please?
Valencia should be back for Stoke City. He was training with the team in Dubai

On topic, really happy TFM is playing well for Crystal Palace

Mailo

Anybody have a video of his performance against Burnley?
Love his physicality and speed.

limerickcitykid

I've always felt he was underrated going forward at RB. Good to hear his loan is going well. Hopefully he cements his place as their first choice RB rest of the season.
Will be quite hard to do even with impressive performances because Joel Ward is an automatic starter and will go back in to the starting XI on his return from injury. Schlupp is going to have surgery though, so will likely be out for some time. That could hopefully mean Joel Ward moving to LB opening up RB for Fosu-Mensah. With how he has been performing I expect him to continue getting plenty of time either way.

SaboTaj

How? His defending is by far his best attribute and he has equally had some very impressive games at CB. His positioning has also been much better at CB than RB in the past.

Excited reading that he was impressive in attack today as it is his biggest weakness at RB. Really hoping he comes back next season and Mourinho gives him a proper back-up role.
His performances at RB this season have been pretty good. And as a RB i feel he can put all of his traits to good use, especially since it seems like he’s starting to figure out what to do in the attacking third.

limerickcitykid

His performances at RB this season have been pretty good. And as a RB i feel he can put all of his traits to good use, especially since it seems like he’s starting to figure out what to do in the attacking third.
That doesn't put anything to bed though because he is also very good at CB. It is still very debatable where he is best at.

SaboTaj

That doesn't put anything to bed though because he is also very good at CB. It is still very debatable where he is best at.
It doesn’t, but now one can make the best case for him as a RB after his exceptional performances in that position this season.

I do agree that he hasn’t been given a run of continuous games at CB, but given United’s strength in numbers there and the need for a new RB to take over from Valencia- the circumstances dictate that he continues his development as a RB to eventually become United’s first choice in that spot.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
This guy coming good at RB and Shaw at LB would save us a lot of money.