Timothy Fosu-Mensah | 2017/18 Crystal Palace Performances

redom

I was probably just over analysing him but there were a couple of times yesterday when he seemed to get a bit over eager to play a forward pass and had a heavy touch which gave the opposition a chance to steal the ball, one time it was after a Palace corner and he was the last man but he was quick enough to make up the ground and actually ended up playing a nice pass out to the wing which kept the pressure on but it could have been messy if they had caught him out. Apart from little things though he seemed to do well and the more football he plays the better, hopefully Sakhos return won't push him out of the team.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
I've seen examples of people being locked up for saying absolute trash to footballers. Hope he's one of those.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
One thing I've noticed from the highlights of their last two matches, his passing has been very impressive. I didn't know he had it in him, it's not something I remember really being noticeable in his matches for us the last couple of years.

krazyrobus

I agree, the weighting and accuracy on his passes is good. Sets up the attacks well. Which comes from his stints in midfield in his younger days.

DannyDee

Just wondering, what is the go to Palace forum? Just trying to see how he's viewed without the red tinted glasses. Obviously, there will always be bias, just curious.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Only on the bench today against Chelsea. This was always a worry once De Boer was sacked.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Nothing really wrong with that, bless him. He's only a kid after all.

Zoo

Good to see him starting against Spurs today.

Yagami

Good post resistant

Watching the video you can notice Blind playing as a CM, too.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Like TFM a lot...rough around the edges for sure but his recovery pace is invaluable and some of the last ditch tackles he's made have been utterly superb. What I like most is his attitude, we've had a rough run so far but he's the first to come out on Twitter to apologise to the fans (tbf he's been one of our better players in the games he's played so there was no cause to) and seems to genuinely care when he plays...you can't ask for more than that from a young player that belongs to someone else really.

If he's going to play for us it will be at right back, he won't get in at centre half while Sakho is back - Scott Dann is an experienced defender and Tomkins is also sniffing around. That puts him in competition with Ward who is a mainstay at RB, but Van Aanholt has been so abysmally bad recently that Ward may be kept at left back and TFM get an extended run on the right. I hope so because I'd take a TFM over a Van Aanholt all day long.

Reactions: Joga Bonito

Dobbs

Is he injured? That's my main doubt at the moment, he seems to pick up quite a few injuries.

In Rainbows

Like TFM a lot...rough around the edges for sure but his recovery pace is invaluable and some of the last ditch tackles he's made have been utterly superb. What I like most is his attitude, we've had a rough run so far but he's the first to come out on Twitter to apologise to the fans (tbf he's been one of our better players in the games he's played so there was no cause to) and seems to genuinely care when he plays...you can't ask for more than that from a young player that belongs to someone else really.

If he's going to play for us it will be at right back, he won't get in at centre half while Sakho is back - Scott Dann is an experienced defender and Tomkins is also sniffing around. That puts him in competition with Ward who is a mainstay at RB, but Van Aanholt has been so abysmally bad recently that Ward may be kept at left back and TFM get an extended run on the right. I hope so because I'd take a TFM over a Van Aanholt all day long.
I still think his qualities, those being his ability to burst forward in open space, his tackling, and his athleticism, are more useful as a DM. I think we can hide him offensively if Pogba is next to him too where as that's not possible as a RB which is expected to contribute in attack a lot more these days.

Litch

Tims biggest problem like a lot of modern young footballers is what's their best position? We have quite a few that it's unclear and they end up some kind of jack of all trades, master of none type player. For me and I think it was up until the spurs game (?) when he got injured when LVG was here, he was superb at right back and that's his position for me.....

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I still think his qualities, those being his ability to burst forward in open space, his tackling, and his athleticism, are more useful as a DM. I think we can hide him offensively if Pogba is next to him too where as that's not possible as a RB which is expected to contribute in attack a lot more these days.
Those are his best attributes, sure. But his positioning and passing are two of his weakest traits — two other components that are vital in a defensive midfield position.

In Rainbows

Those are his best attributes, sure. But his positioning and passing are two of his weakest traits — two other components that are vital in a defensive midfield position.
His passing isn't bad. I think his positioning needs work, but it's hard to correct that if he will never be given time at the DM spot. He'll learn positioning in the RB spot, but it's very different from being in midfield.

Foxbatt

I would like to see Blind in midfield with Pogba still out. He is one player we have who can pass short and long and create chances.

Nick7

Very much a CB for me. Being fast doesn't just make you a FB.
My issue with him at the moment is his positional play isn't good enough for centre back yet, so I understand him playing full back. But how does he learn the positional play of a centre back while playing full back?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
My issue with him at the moment is his positional play isn't good enough for centre back yet, so I understand him playing full back. But how does he learn the positional play of a centre back while playing full back?
The thing is he is judged by his positional play at RB and labelled as being poor positionally where I don't see much wrong with his positioning as a CB bar the usual young player ups and downs. He has poor positioning at RB but not at CB for me.

Sigma

The thing is he is judged by his positional play at RB and labelled as being poor positionally where I don't see much wrong with his positioning as a CB bar the usual young player ups and downs. He has poor positioning at RB but not at CB for me.
Agreed.

EDIT: I misread the statement. I think he's a poor right back (positionally) and a much better centre back or a centre midfielder.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I thought he's been good defensively for Palace or is that notion misplaced?

He looks a quality talent to me. Yeah it remains to be seen what his best position is but his skillset is really good. I hope he makes his mark with us next season.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Sort of annoying that two of our best talents in Tuanzebe and TFM both play in positions where we already have a lot of coverage.

Jones is probably only one or two injuries away from Mourinho rightfully losing patience though, so one of the spots could be up for grabs.

Home&Away

I still think he is a future CDM. He has the ability to be strong, aggressive, go forward when he needs to & many other qualities for him to be kind of stuck at CB. I think CB will & has helped him grow as a player but - he has an ability to play with a level of a bit more freedom and play in midfield

Oldyella

I still think he is a future CDM. He has the ability to be strong, aggressive, go forward when he needs to & many other qualities for him to be kind of stuck at CB. I think CB will & has helped him grow as a player but - he has an ability to play with a level of a bit more freedom and play in midfield
If we stick with 3 at the back I think he would make a great cb who can burst forward at pace as an extra man. If he is coming back, hopefully it's to cover Valencia and we move Darmian on. He's just a waste of a squad place imo.​