Titanic tourist submersible missing | Sub's debris found - crew "have been lost"

Chief123

Who pays for these search ops? I saw a BBC interview where someone from US Coast Guard said they were working with various government and private agencies in this effort. The private companies will want money for their time and expertise. Who pays?
Not sure who pays but if I’m from a billionaires family and my relative is in there, I’d pay every penny it takes.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Who pays for these search ops? I saw a BBC interview where someone from US Coast Guard said they were working with various government and private agencies in this effort. The private companies will want money for their time and expertise. Who pays?
The taxpayer

This falls under the search and rescue responsibility most coast guards/navies have and budget for

If you go out to sea in a canoe and send a SOS the Coast Guard will come get you, and i don't think they send you a bill after

Mike Smalling

I wonder what kind of legal liability the company itself will be facing. Can everything be waived by signing a document before undergoing such a trip?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy

This teenager is a proper weirdo
Do we even know that this guy raised him? I feel people are being really judgy about this.

DOTA

Its the dichotomy of looking for sympathy and requesting thoughts and prayers whole living his best life going to gigs and hitting up OF models.
Doing the socially expected things on the one hand, whilst also doing some normal teenage boy stuff. Doesn't strike me as that odd.
Doesn't matter who raised him, dude is still an absolute bellend.
He probably is but not for failing to worry sufficiently about his stepdad.

DOTA

Alright smarties, what age is he that apparently it's weirdo shit to be going to gigs and hitting up OF models?

Camilo

Its the dichotomy of looking for sympathy and requesting thoughts and prayers while living his best life going to gigs and hitting up OF models.
It's none of anyone's business really.

Judging a stranger just makes people look like pricks.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I’m not sure about these “banging noises”. Surely, with the experienced people onboard the sub, they would be banging “SOS” in morse code if it was them.

DOTA

You brought up his age as some kind of defence. He's a massive creep as has been discussed in the thread.
It would've helped his defence. It does not hinge upon it.

And I'm not defending him really, he certainly does sound like a creep from those tweets above, I'm accusing you all of acting like he's guilty of heinously insufficient step-dad mourning.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Is it your first day on the internet?

Besides he deserves the ridicule he gets on Red Cafe that he'll never know anything about.
The redcafe slagging is basically ported directly from Twitter and whatever other social media he uses. He’s almost certainly a douche but a massive internet pile-on aimed at someone whose step dad is almost certainly currently dying a horrific death - because we don’t agree with how he’s behaving and/or don’t like the way he presents himself online - is spectacularly mean spirited. Well done to all involved.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
The redcafe slagging is basically ported directly from Twitter and whatever other social media he uses. He’s almost certainly a douche but a massive internet pile-on aimed at someone whose step dad is almost certainly currently dying a horrific death - because we don’t agree with how he’s behaving and/or don’t like the way he presents himself online - is spectacularly mean spirited. Well done to all involved.
agreed. if you’re going to engage in any kind of debate on this subject, it should be done so with the highest decorum.

predator

Youth NITK
Isn't it possible to ping phones without reception though? Or have BBC crime dramas been lying to me all these years.
No. In the UK the emergency services have their own cell towers seperately but have many on public network providers cell sites such as EE, 3UK, Vodafone, O2. If you have no signal and are on EE for instance, when ringing the emergency services, you are automatically connected to the nearest cell tower be it an independent emergency service only site or one which is sitting on a O2, Vodafone, 3UK site. That's why you can ring 999 from almost anywhere in the UK
I work in telecoms.

stepic

It would've helped his defence. It does not hinge upon it.

And I'm not defending him really, he certainly does sound like a creep from those tweets above, I'm accusing you all of acting like he's guilty of heinously insufficient step-dad mourning.
nobody likes their stepdad

Withnail

I might have some sympathy if he wasn't a sex pest who threatened to shoot up a festival.(allegedly)

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Horror movie right there. Floating on the surface, seeing planes flying above and be powerless waiting for the oxygen t run out.
Stephen King 'The Mist' ending vibes with someone left inside offing everyone including his son, mercy kills. Right as the Navy appears close enough to have enough oxygen remaining to survive as the vessel draws near and mechanics get out the tools to open the door.

wr8_utd

:'(
It took the majority of those 70 years for the technology to be developed to be able to find it
A better example would be that Argentinian submarine that took a year to be found in 2017. At this point, it'll be an absolute miracle if they find them anytime soon.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I’m not sure about these “banging noises”. Surely, with the experienced people onboard the sub, they would be banging “SOS” in morse code if it was them.
I think after 70 odd hours in that tube surrounded by each others sweat, puke, shit and desperation…the thought of tapping a coded message would go out the window (if only it could :( ) and making just a simple noise would be all you could manage.