Toni Kroos | Madridista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Im glad that in recent years we have been moving away from mostly signing direct players. Hopefully him and modric will make a good partnership that allows us to be comfortable in possession and on the break.
Yep, i'd like to see Khedira, Casemiro and illarramendi make way for some new blood.

I still want James and Falcao too though, especially if Di Maria goes. Is there a formation possible with Kroos, Modric, James, Ronaldo and Bale though? Wouldn't we have to move back to 4-2-3-1?

Offtopic: Do you know how Jese is doing? If signing some midfielders would mean we'd lose him I'd rather not sign anyone this summer, seriously.

Raul Madrid

Yep, i'd like to see Khedira, Casemiro and illarramendi make way for some new blood.

I still want James and Falcao too though, especially if Di Maria goes. Is there a formation possible with Kroos, Modric, James, Ronaldo and Bale though? Wouldn't we have to move back to 4-2-3-1?

Offtopic: Do you know how Jese is doing? If signing some midfielders would mean we'd lose him I'd rather not sign anyone this summer, seriously.
Apparently jese is making very good progress and at this moment is expected back around October/november but that could change. Personally I would rather we kept di maria at the expense of rodriguez and make as little changes as possible. Im not sure a team with bale, Ronaldo, rodriguez and a striker would be well balanced. Last year we lost a lot of ground in la liga early due to integrating too many new signings into the team. Im not sure what formation ancelotti would use tbh. I don't think many people predicted him moving di maria into midfield allowing him to attack through the middle, out wide as well as provide defensive cover for Ronaldo which worked out so well. It really was a great move.

Raul Madrid

What does this mean for Isco in the long-run.
I think/and hope that it is more a replacement for Alonso as he is not getting any younger and will eventually need to be replaced. Di maria or his replacement (most likely rodriguez) is the competition for isco.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Apparently jese is making very good progress and at this moment is expected back around October/november but that could change. Personally I would rather we kept di maria at the expense of rodriguez and make as little changes as possible. Im not sure a team with bale, Ronaldo, rodriguez and a striker would be well balanced. Last year we lost a lot of ground in la liga early due to integrating too many new signings into the team. Im not sure what formation ancelotti would use tbh. I don't think many people predicted him moving di maria into midfield allowing him to attack through the middle, out wide as well as provide defensive cover for Ronaldo which worked out so well. It really was a great move.
Yeah, unfortunately I think Di Maria is as good as gone. :(

So we'll need a shiny new toy. Don't know if Ronaldo is going to be too happy with that, seeing as he's the one who asked the board not to sell him last summer iirc. Don't want to have an unhappy Ronaldo on our hands again. :nervous:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I really doubt Kroos would want to join us. He is not a United fans and we are out of Europe. Bayern would guarantee him huge success and legacy while Real would show him the money and trophies.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

Illarramendi and Casmiero are two players that you recently bought, is their time up already?

As for Khedira - it seems that Arsenal are quite keen on signing him. What are your thoughts on this? Is it likely? Can he make the transition in your opinion?

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Illarramendi and Casmiero are two players that you recently bought, is their time up already?

As for Khedira - it seems that Arsenal are quite keen on signing him. What are your thoughts on this? Is it likely? Can he make the transition in your opinion?
Casemiro and Illarra were always going to be squad players, in the hope that Illarramendi could become Alonso's replacement but he's just not consistent enough to take over yet. That's why were looking for someone like Kroos, who would do a fantastic job from the off. Especially with Modric next to him in midfield. It's strange but I could see them become our Xavi and Iniesta for years to come.

As for Khedira I could honestly see him go this summer too, he was good when he first arrived and partnered Alonso in CM. Had a bit of an injury riddled season last year but he genuinely surprised me seeing him play at the WC, he looked back to his best at times.

Could definately see us offloading him to fund Floren's muppet summer bonanza.
I think he'd could be great under Arsene, he seems like a player who needs change. And I guess he would't mind being reunited with his buddy Ozil again.

Evilsanta

Kroos going to Madrid can only be good for Uniteds hopes of signing Vidal. Surely with Madrid getting Kroos they wont be in the market for another midfielder, Khediera's days look numbered and hes another player I wouldnt mind seeing in a United shirt.

Blue always red

Why, why, why do we keep missing out on players that would instantly slot in and replace the players who have already brought us success!!

Kroos and Herrera would have been a Scholes - Keane lite and then all we needed was a good right winger and we would have been top dogs.

Mainoldo

He's just not as good as the cafe make him out. World class?? His not even in the top 10 of midfielders... How can he be world class.

Y2A

I'm glad we didn't get him, never really been a fan of his.
Tbh he is a very good player and for the price he went for, we should have got him. If he was going to cost 50-60 mil, its a different story.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He's a fecking awesome player. Jesus the way opinions sway so much on here...

I'm not surprised van Gaal pulled out of the deal for him though as I'm really not sure he's capable of playing in a midfield 2 at the highest level. Looks far more comfortable at the tip of the 3 man midfield and we already have an abundance of players that play there.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Tbh he is a very good player and for the price he went for, we should have got him. If he was going to cost 50-60 mil, its a different story.
He's a good player but I don't believe he's as good as alot of people make him out to be.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Casemiro and Illarra were always going to be squad players, in the hope that Illarramendi could become Alonso's replacement but he's just not consistent enough to take over yet. That's why were looking for someone like Kroos, who would do a fantastic job from the off. Especially with Modric next to him in midfield. It's strange but I could see them become our Xavi and Iniesta for years to come.

As for Khedira I could honestly see him go this summer too, he was good when he first arrived and partnered Alonso in CM. Had a bit of an injury riddled season last year but he genuinely surprised me seeing him play at the WC, he looked back to his best at times.

Could definately see us offloading him to fund Floren's muppet summer bonanza.
I think he'd could be great under Arsene, he seems like a player who needs change. And I guess he would't mind being reunited with his buddy Ozil again.
Firstly - I'd love Khedira to reunite with his mate(s) over in London, there are reports coming out just now claiming that we are very close to signing him. Potentially he and Ramsey together would run teams off the park.

Secondly - in my opinion a midfield of Kroos and Modric would be a little light on in defense, or would you expect Xavi to anchor for them? It looks like the could be a change in style with them in a midfield three, as it would be near impossible to take the ball off of them.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Firstly - I'd love Khedira to reunite with his mate(s) over in London, there are reports coming out just now claiming that we are very close to signing him. Potentially he and Ramsey together would run teams off the park.

Secondly - in my opinion a midfield of Kroos and Modric would be a little light on in defense, or would you expect Xavi to anchor for them? It looks like the could be a change in style with them in a midfield three, as it would be near impossible to take the ball off of them.
Yeah, I agree we'd need a ball winner in midfield too and I don't think Kroos would be as good defensively as Alonso who only has a season or two tops in him.

And then theres James too... I suspect that we'll try to play him as a striker if we sign him. Dunno how else we could line up.

Last edited:

bishblaize

I think Kroos will take the Di Maria role, who played in the middle 3 of a 4-3-3 last season.

Zen

That doesn't work if they want James too. But the Falcao rumours have died down, I guess they could go with a diamond system with Ronaldo-Bale coming more centrally and the bombing wing backs overlapping. I mean you've always got to change it up apparently*

*=This hasn't won anyone the CL back to back in recent years, so maybe you actually don't.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's beyond stupid. I'm guessing it stems from the "United missed out so he must be shit" syndrome. Some also saying he's "glad" we didn't get him :houllier:
Some weird logic that is to be honest, we missed out on many world class players over the years. They must have been all shit.
It's like some people successfully manage to auto brainwash themselves.

RedStarUnited

And we need a Vidal type of player a lot more than him anyway. In fact im more disappointed we are not going for Khedira.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Does this open the door for Di Maria to come to town?

I'm letting the muppet in me peak its head round the door...

Carl

Does this open the door for Di Maria to come to town?

I'm letting the muppet in me peak its head round the door...
I'd say it's pretty clear Madrid will be selling Di Maria this Summer. Keeping everything crossed we're the ones that benefit but I doubt it.

RedStarUnited

And we need a Vidal type of player a lot more than him anyway. In fact im more disappointed we are not going for Khedira.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'd say it's pretty clear Madrid will be selling Di Maria this Summer. Keeping everything crossed we're the ones that benefit but I doubt it.
Yeah I'd doubt it either... but then I doubt every player we're ever linked too.

Carl

Yeah I'd doubt it either... but then I doubt every player we're ever linked too.

I still think we'll end up with De Jong personally as a decent option for a couple years. Van Gaal trusts him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I genuinely bealive we were going to sign this guy until Van Gaal said no. Another excellent Moyes target.
Indeed. He was quite the scout was Moyes. Fabregas and Kroos were great finds.

Enigma_87

You know who
£20million for Kroos? I'd rather we got Vidal, but that's crazy cheap for a player of his calibre.
They are different players and can work very, very well together. However I can't see a reason why Kroos will choose United over Real and even though LvG likes him it's pointless to try to sign him.

RuudTom83

The small fee might have swayed opinion on his signing tbh. He is a good player no doubt, but he is not a galactico signing that their fans love, i recon he could be spending more time on the bench than he did at Bayern.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
They are different players and can work very, very well together. However I can't see a reason why Kroos will choose United over Real and even though LvG likes him it's pointless to try to sign him.
Oh yeah, very different players. But even if he and Vidal both wanted to come here above anyone else, I couldn't see United buying Herrera, Kroos and Vidal in one window! I imagine it would be one or the other.

Enigma_87

You know who
Oh yeah, very different players. But even if he and Vidal both wanted to come here above anyone else, I couldn't see United buying Herrera, Kroos and Vidal in one window! I imagine it would be one or the other.
To be fair if they are available and for the prices mentioned why not? We got RvP when we were stocked in attacking options.

Even the 3 of them can make sense. Carrick is probably in his last season as well and apart from him that's the only class midfielder we got.

It can work pretty well in a 3-5-2 as well with 2 wing backs providing width.

Mali_Zeus

Can someone explain to me why is Madrid buying him?

Modrić is a similar player and I doubt they'll play both of them in the same time and I'm sure they're not buying him to sit on the bench.

Or is it just Madrid buying cause they just love buying players around?

As for us not going for him, he'd probably choose Madrid over us and we need a Vidal type of player now.

Midnight1811

Can someone explain to me why is Madrid buying him?

Modrić is a similar player and I doubt they'll play both of them in the same time and I'm sure they're not buying him to sit on the bench.

Or is it just Madrid buying cause they just love buying players around?

As for us not going for him, he'd probably choose Madrid over us and we need a Vidal type of player now.
He could fill the void of Ozil as there attacking midfielder. Modric could play behind him as a holding midfielder.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
£20million for Kroos? I'd rather we got Vidal, but that's crazy cheap for a player of his calibre.
Last year on contract makes a big difference here, but given that this is Real Madrid, who spend 30 Mil. € on appearant squad players, Bayern may have gotten more out of this than 25-26 Mil. €. Maybe they just wanted to shut this topic, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.