Toni Kroos | Madridista

Status
Not open for further replies.

United22

If this is true and Madrid do get him then it will be an excellent signing. For years we have been signing too many direct players and when there was no space to play the team suffered. The signing of Alonso, modric and too a certain extent isco and now kroos have been a step away from that and the team is benefitting from it. The team will be more comfortable in possession now and that will help big time vs defensive teams and with Ronaldo, bale and benzema up front the team will always be dangerous on the counter.
Do you think it will be worth swapping him out for Di Maria?

Fahad Jawaid

If this is true and Madrid do get him then it will be an excellent signing. For years we have been signing too many direct players and when there was no space to play the team suffered. The signing of Alonso, modric and too a certain extent isco and now kroos have been a step away from that and the team is benefitting from it. The team will be more comfortable in possession now and that will help big time vs defensive teams and with Ronaldo, bale and benzema up front the team will always be dangerous on the counter.
I love Kroos don't get me wrong, but i believe signing him will just disrupt your side and the balance will be all out.

Bale---Benzema---Ronaldo, they are sure bets to start that only leave three spots and Modric and Kroos will play for sure.

The remaining spot will either be covered by Alonso, Khedira, Di Maria, Isco etc. If Alonso plays there is no Starting spot for Di Maria who was your best player whenever i watched your side, except that Di Maria, Modric and Kroos or Isco, Modric and Kroos will be very weak defensively. How do you think you will lineup with him in your side? .

Raul Madrid

Do you think it will be worth swapping him out for Di Maria?
That is a good question. I don't really know. Alonso is not getting younger so a replacement is needed, but at the same time nobody could really replace what di maria brings to the team. His work-rate, adaptability and flexibility as well as his consistency and obvious class would be missed. The way he was playing on the left in a lopsided formation was very intelligent by ancelotti as he could provide width as well as cover defensively for Ronaldo. He was also good when attacking through the middle. If Madrid get kroos and lose di maria we both gain and lose something, probably gain more in the long-term but lose more in the short-term. Hopefully both can be kept. I think it is more james rodriguez that di maria would be sold in order to buy.

ravi2

I love Kroos don't get me wrong, but i believe signing him will just disrupt your side and the balance will be all out.

Bale---Benzema---Ronaldo, they are sure bets to start that only leave three spots and Modric and Kroos will play for sure.

The remaining spot will either be covered by Alonso, Khedira, Di Maria, Isco etc. If Alonso plays there is no Starting spot for Di Maria who was your best player whenever i watched your side, except that Di Maria, Modric and Kroos or Isco, Modric and Kroos will be very weak defensively. How do you think you will lineup with him in your side? .
But this is the side who thought that letting hierro and makalele go wouldn't hamper their defensive ability.

Raul Madrid

I believe it will be the beginning of Alonso being fazed out of the team. It is hard to say how the team will line-up as not many would have predicted di maria being put in midfield. Hopefully di maria will be kept and him and isco will compete for a place in the team. If that is what happens then I could see di maria being used more in the big games and the hard away games as he provides more balance to the team by providing width as well as defensive cover for Ronaldo and isco will play more in the home games and hopefully improve and one day become a starter.

Fahad Jawaid

But this is the side who thought that letting hierro and makalele go wouldn't hamper their defensive ability.
The reason why it worked last season was they had a Defensive midfielder or a Deep playmaker in Alonso, a proper box to box in Di maria who works his socks off defensively and Modric who dictated the play, Modric is a fantastic player but he needs a water carrier with him to play at his best, with Croatia for Example he wasn't able to dominate the game like he used to in this Worldcup cause he was paired with Rakitic and Kovacic both not good enough defensively so i think they will be picked off by Barca or in the Cpl against better sides while in league against cannon folder they might make it work.

And to answer what you said i agree with Madrid most of the things they do doesn't make sense.

Fahad Jawaid

I believe it will be the beginning of Alonso being fazed out of the team. It is hard to say how the team will line-up as not many would have predicted di maria being put in midfield. Hopefully di maria will be kept and him and isco will compete for a place in the team. If that is what happens then I could see di maria being used more in the big games and the hard away games as he provides more balance to the team by providing width as well as defensive cover for Ronaldo and isco will play more in the home games and hopefully improve and one day become a starter.
Even with Di Maria , modric and Kroos don't you think its too lightweight and very poor defensively? . I think the best solution is that you give us Di Maria and then i don't care what you do with your side. :D

Raul Madrid

Even with Di Maria , modric and Kroos don't you think its too lightweight and very poor defensively? . I think the best solution is that you give us Di Maria and then i don't care what you do with your side. :D
That is not a good enough argument to convince me to sell di maria but it is more than enough to convince perez :p

Ringo 07

So the papers will have us believe that if we had have stuck with moyes then we'd have had some form of dream team by now having already signed kroos, reus, hummels and Pogba.......I don't doubt that in moyes own little world that he too is certain to himself of the fact that we'd have signed all those players by now too........ considering he has a track record of being so effective in the transfer market and all

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Which papers have claimed we'd have had Reus, Hummels and Pogba by now under Moyes? :confused:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Xabi plays very deep and always stays back on offense. In defense he does the dirty work at the back and often covers for CB's in the back line. Kroos is not that type of player.
You never replace a player directly, you evolve the team accordingly. Ergo, Kroos can replace Alonso.

Bojan11

You never replace a player directly, you evolve the team accordingly. Ergo, Kroos can replace Alonso.
But against the big teams in Europe Kroos and Modric won't be enough defensively. Look how Madrid destroyed Bayern because Pep dropped Martinez and played with Kroos and Schweinsteiger.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
But against the big teams in Europe Kroos and Modric won't be enough defensively. Look how Madrid destroyed Bayern because Pep dropped Martinez and played with Kroos and Schweinsteiger.
So against the big teams they don't play with that system. Not a big leap considering the games against the big teams consists of less than 10 a season.

Blue always red

So, so disappointed we didn't get Kroos. The single biggest thing I thought we lacked last season was a midfielder capable of controlling games for us. It SHOULD have been Carrick who did a stellar job the season before, but unfortunately he decided 1 season as Scholes was enough for him and started playing shite. Too often we'd get a goal to go ahead and then boom, suckerpunched a few minutes later because we couldn't hold onto the ball in the middle.

Bojan11

So against the big teams they don't play with that system. Not a big leap considering the games against the big teams consists of less than 10 a season.
Well you could argue they'd be more open to the counter against the smaller teams too as well.

Y2A

the quote is bullshit. These guys blatantly lie. Furthermore Beckenbauer wouldnt even know anything about it. He isnt involved anymore.

DFB-journo: Kroos might join Real Madrid after the WC. What does this mean for bayern?
Beckenbauer: As honorary president I would regret, if we lose this worldclass player. There is a life after your football career. For that, the experience to work abroad, for example for a club like Madrid, is valuable.
Have people not read this post?

gaucho_10

The man said Xabi is a direct replacement and I said why I think he isn't. He's so different. I also think Martinez would be a direct replacement for Xabi in the current Real Madrid setup.

Bwuk

Kroos - we should go in for him and just offer whatever wages he's after. Him, Vidal and Herrera with Mata in front of them. Bollocks to signing wingers.

Ringo 07

Kroos is class but if Moyes was still mamager then he'd be saying...'Ach Kroos has disrespected this club by using us to get a better deal at Madrid but Scott Brown is the new Maradona Laddie,...you kinnay deny this...and I'm so excited to pair him up with Marroune and Charlie Mulgrew and charlie Adam for the new season at Old Trafford Laddie....we'll make it so hard for them this time that they'll not know what hit em

Kostur

海尔的老板
Kroos is class but if Moyes was still mamager then he'd be saying...'Ach Kroos has disrespected this club by using us to get a better deal at Madrid but Scott Brown is the new Maradona Laddie,...you kinnay deny this...and I'm so excited to pair him up with Marroune and Charlie Mulgrew and charlie Adam for the new season at Old Trafford Laddie....we'll make it so hard for them this time that they'll not know what hit em
Yea thank feck he isn't.

For nearly 3 months that is. Three months. Three.

FromTheBench

He was average today.

Got lucky on that bad error which Higuain botched up.

Still has had a pretty good world cup.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Definitely lacks Scholesy's shooting boots. Was more Carrick-esque in that department today.

gofelx

Supports
Hamburgers
He's a second-tier player for me. Just lacks the incision of the really top players.
I think he has a fairly good game against Arsenal last season if I remember correctly. ;)

He is a world class player, one mistake doesn't make him a second-tier player...

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
He had a great tournament. Great player and a fantastic addition to Real Madrid.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Today was his worst performance of the tournament, and clearly some of you are judging his entire body of work on this single game...Alastair...

Devil may care

He's obviously a quality player but as far as Scholes type players go I think Gundogan was looking better before he got hurt and I also prefer Pjanic to Kroos.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's obviously a quality player but as far as Scholes type players go I think Gundogan was looking better before he got hurt and I also prefer Pjanic to Kroos.
Gundogan and Pjanic are fantastic players, pity about Gundogan's back.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
He was going to reveal where his future lies after the World Cup.

Go on, son. Tell them you'll join uncle Carletto. :drool:

Raul Madrid

He was going to reveal where his future lies after the World Cup.

Go on, son. Tell them you'll join uncle Carletto. :drool:
Im glad that in recent years we have been moving away from mostly signing direct players. Hopefully him and modric will make a good partnership that allows us to be comfortable in possession and on the break.

Status
Not open for further replies.