Toni Kroos | Madridista

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's just not as good as the cafe make him out. World class?? His not even in the top 10 of midfielders... How can he be world class.
That's ridiculous, he's world class without a doubt. The only midfielders in the world who you could say are better then him are Schweinsteiger, Vidal, Modric and Yaya Toure. So top 5. At dictating the tempo of the game and at passing the ball, he's probably the best around as well.

Ruht

Last year on contract makes a big difference here, but given that this is Real Madrid, who spend 30 Mil. € on appearant squad players, Bayern may have gotten more out of this than 25-26 Mil. €. Maybe they just wanted to shut this topic, though.
I think it has to do with the fact that the two teams want to maintain their good relationship. Not sure we could have got much more than €30m for a player that only has 1 year left on his contract.

Annahnomoss

I think it has to do with the fact that the two teams want to maintain their good relationship. Not sure we could have got much more than €30m for a player that only has 1 year left on his contract.
Well other teams will look stupid for spending a lot more on a player like Herrera. Less than 30 million for a player like Kroos is always a shock fee as no matter how long he has left on his contract. Any team should be improve that bid considering the quality of the player.

ghagua

Now watch Madrid sell him off in 2 years time for a huge fee when the next plaything comes along.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's Madrid, the turnover of players there is plain ridiculous so yes, he'll probably leave in 3 years time to go and join Chelsea or Arsenal but it won't be for a huge fee.

Zii

Herrara is nothing compared to kroos, we still havent signed someone world class yet

Zii

For 20 Million it was literally worth buying him to stop madrid. We needed him like scholes said, the first scholes esque player I have seen in a long time and we pass him up! madness

Mali_Zeus

For 20 Million it was literally worth buying him to stop madrid. We needed him like scholes said, the first scholes esque player I have seen in a long time and we pass him up! madness
So you think he would choose us over Madrid even if we were interested? And maybe we were.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
:wenger: people believing that Moyes would somehow secure this and make Kroos pick United over Real Madrid.

Mainoldo

That's ridiculous, he's world class without a doubt. The only midfielders in the world who you could say are better then him are Schweinsteiger, Vidal, Modric and Yaya Toure. So top 5. At dictating the tempo of the game and at passing the ball, he's probably the best around as well.
No Pogba? Gundogan, Alonso, Pirlo, Pjanic, Koke, Fabregas? I'd even go as far and say Thiago is better than him.

His in the exact same tier as the players mentioned and has done nothing to show otherwise. He's a great passer but he doesn't dectate the tempo... Thats rubbish!!!

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
He could fill the void of Ozil as there attacking midfielder. Modric could play behind him as a holding midfielder.
Yes I can't see it being a problem putting those two together. The problem will be for other teams trying to get the ball back
.................alonso.........
.....Modric...........kroos
Ronaldo.....................Bale
...............benzema
Or
.........alonso.....Modric
Ronaldo....kroos.....Bale
................benzema........

Either looks awesome
With
.........kedera....illeramendi
Jesse.........isco.........Di Maria
...................morrata............
As rather good back up
Plus casemiro and whoever else they decide to buy

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Madrid team looks stronger and stronger every year, and just show how far we are from the best team in Europe
Kroos will be an amazing player for them and will be one of the star player this year again. Just too strong (A real shame LVG didn't pushed for him)

And for their starting XI I bet on

------------------Kroos----------Modric-------------------
Bale----------------------James--------------------Cristiano
-------------------------Benzema--------------------------

gofelx

Supports
Hamburgers
No Pogba? Gundogan, Alonso, Pirlo, Pjanic, Koke, Fabregas? I'd even go as far and say Thiago is better than him.

His in the exact same tier as the players mentioned and has done nothing to show otherwise. He's a great passer but he doesn't dectate the tempo... Thats rubbish!!!
Are you kidding? Pogba? :lol:

And if you seriously say he doesn't dictate the tempo of the game, you just haven't seen him play much.

Mali_Zeus

Madrid team looks stronger and stronger every year, and just show how far we are from the best team in Europe
Kroos will be an amazing player for them and will be one of the star player this year again. Just too strong (A real shame LVG didn't pushed for him)

And for their starting XI I bet on

------------------Kroos----------Modric-------------------
Bale----------------------James--------------------Cristiano
-------------------------Benzema--------------------------
Dont think they would play like this. That midfield would need Xabi Alonso or Khedira. This lineup reminds me of Croatia playing Rakitić and Modrić as holding mids, both of them can do a job in defense but its not their main job and it takes away their power in attack.

But yeah they're spending money like there's no tomorrow.. Aren't they in some big debt or sthing?

mufcwarm92

He's better than all of those players, far better than some of them. He's also one of the best dictators of play in the game.

anchan1989

Your Rio called him a top 3 midfielder around. And I agree with that.
Pogba is a great young player, but has some way to go. Pjanic and Koke are similar to that.
Gündogan is massive, but he has to return to full strength again. Didnt play in almost a year. Thiago hasnt done the big thing Toni did the last years in CL and WC.
And sorry, but Kroos doesnt dictate the tempo? What the....
That is his job. Specially in this Germany team. He is a monster player, just 24 too.
CL Winner, WC Winner, 4 international trophies, won many things in Germany, the league of the world champion. ;)
Im pretty happy with him. Neither Xavi or Iniesta were as good as him with 24.

Mainoldo

Your Rio called him a top 3 midfielder around. And I agree with that.
Pogba is a great young player, but has some way to go. Pjanic and Koke are similar to that.
Gündogan is massive, but he has to return to full strength again. Didnt play in almost a year. Thiago hasnt done the big thing Toni did the last years in CL and WC.
And sorry, but Kroos doesnt dictate the tempo? What the....
That is his job. Specially in this Germany team. He is a monster player, just 24 too.
CL Winner, WC Winner, 4 international trophies, won many things in Germany, the league of the world champion. ;)
Im pretty happy with him. Neither Xavi or Iniesta were as good as him with 24.
I'm finished.... Some of you guys have gone crazy and his not in Pogba's league and never will be.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Yeah, I don't agree that kroos dictates the tempo. There's no shame in that, and he's still a very good player and passer.
If there's a 'young' player around who dictates the tempo it's Thiago.

I don't rate him quite as highly as many on here do. He's consistent in his touch, can navigate tight spaces well enough, he has a good passing range and can score a few goals, yet there's still something missing. He's not quite got 'it', in my opinion.

Mainoldo

Yeah, I don't agree that kroos dictates the tempo. There's no shame in that, and he's still a very good player and passer.
If there's a 'young' player around who dictates the tempo it's Thiago.

I don't rate him quite as highly as many on here do. He's consistent in his touch, can navigate tight spaces well enough, he has a good passing range and can score a few goals, yet there's still something missing. He's not quite got 'it', in my opinion.
Its like everyone's forgot how good Thiago is.

In my opinion his more Carrick than Scholes I'll be honest.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Its like everyone's forgot how good Thiago is.

In my opinion his more Carrick than Scholes I'll be honest.
Thiago whilst being a very good player is all potential at the moment.
Kroos is now proven.

That is the difference. Thiago hasn't played a key role in winning the UCL or the WC, Kroos has.

Doesn't mean Thiago wont reach that level, but in honesty potential can either be proven/fufilled or not.

EDIT: Not to mention the kids injury record...

Mainoldo

Ok. You are a troll. Have fun with that.
The world thinks of Toni as one of the best players around. I end it there. ;)
Why because i said Micheal Carrick? You going to tell me Carrick's been a shit player? Who is the world? I haven't seen anyone say Toni Kroos is world class like people on here...

Cassidy

Why because i said Micheal Carrick? You going to tell me Carrick's been a shit player? Who is the world? I haven't seen anyone say Toni Kroos is world class like people on here...
Your are a WUM. Most WC pundits have been saying it.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
I think it had more to do with Real coming in and taking the reins. The van Gaal refusal is probably to save face.
Maybe I'm ignorant but the United to Kroos link started first and was much stronger than Madrid's before the Van Gaal veto came through. After that I head nothing on our end.

Mainoldo

Thiago whilst being a very good player is all potential at the moment.
Kroos is now proven.

That is the difference. Thiago hasn't played a key role in winning the UCL or the WC, Kroos has.

Doesn't mean Thiago wont reach that level, but in honesty potential can either be proven/fufilled or not.

EDIT: Not to mention the kids injury record...
Why is he proven? Its like saying Kleberson was proven because he won a World Cup and 'actually' played a better final than Kroos.

I'm not trying to make this out like I'm slating the guy.. I just don't see why his world class and better than the players I've mentioned.. With the exception he can pass a football. In the midfield he is a cog next to Schweinstiger who i would highlight dictates the tempo. I can see Kroos getting to that level but his nowhere near it yet.

Cassidy

Why is he proven? Its like saying Kleberson was proven because he won a World Cup and 'actually' played a better final than Kroos.

I'm not trying to make this out like I'm slating the guy.. I just don't see why his world class and better than the players I've mentioned.. With the exception he can pass a football. In the midfield he is a cog next to Schweinstiger who i would highlight dictates the tempo. I can see Kroos getting to that level but his nowhere near it yet.
Kleberson was a one tournament wonder. Kroos has been at it for a while UCL, EUROs, WC etc, but I do believe Schweinstiger is the better player, doesn't make Kroos any less proven.
Also when talking about being proven I was referring to the difference between Kroos & Thiago (Look back at the post you quoted)

Anyway with regards to only the caf calling him World Class that is not correct.

Watching the worldcup pundits were also saying it, also here is a quote from Beckenbauer.

Bayern Munich Honorary President Franz Beckenbauer let the “cat out of the bag” when he disclosed:

“In a career there is also a future. And if it is an experience abroad, going to a club like Real Madrid is priceless.

“As honorary president of Bayern I regret his departure. If Toni Kroos leaves, we have lost a player of absolutely world-class.”

Read more at http://worldsoccertalk.com/2014/07/...rid-after-world-cup-ends/#WLamGZvBAHvwZWqI.99

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Indeed. He was quite the scout was Moyes. Fabregas and Kroos were great finds.
I reckon Moyes put together such an extensive list that Van Gaal's list contained as many as 80 percent of the players David had targeted or that the players were good enough for Louis even if he hadnt thought of them. Shaw and Herrera were indentified already,Vidal as well. David sold everybody on Cavani(he is a high priority somehow). If Van Gaal says yes,we pull the trigger on him too.

Cassidy

I think it had more to do with Real coming in and taking the reins. The van Gaal refusal is probably to save face.
I agree. Had we got UCL I'm sure he would be signing for us.

gofelx

Supports
Hamburgers

Why is he NOT world class? He was a very important player in the treble winning side of Bayern in 2013 until he got injured. And it's not like that was his first great season, even in 2009/2010 he got 9 goals and 12 assists for Leverkusen, when he was 20(!).
This season he was the main midfield man, Schweinsteiger and Thiago were both injured for a long time and especially Schweinsteiger didn't reach the level of his 2012/2013 performances.
And now Kroos was an integral part of the World cup winning team, having absolutely amazing games against Portugal, France and Brazil for instance.
Tell me what has Pogba done in his career to be anywhere near the level of Kroos.

Brightonian

Kroos is so mainstream now guys. You're not allowed to rate a midfielder for more than a year. Unless they're really old, that is - then you can wαnk yourself silly over their every touch of the ball (and pithy autobiography zinger) for the rest of time.

Pogba, on the other hand.. you're fine to keep calling one of the best in the world until he actually proves it consistently. Once he's done that you have to abandon him as 'overrated'.

Enigma_87

You know who

I think you are way off with your opinion on Kroos. He has established himself in one of the top 2-3 midfields in the world right now and I can't see him not having a starter spot at any team at the moment.

Thiago is nowhere near proven as Kroos is at the moment. Kroos has proven himself both on international stage, CL and in the Bundesliga.

Mainoldo

I think you are way off with your opinion on Kroos. He has established himself in one of the top 2-3 midfields in the world right now and I can't see him not having a starter spot at any team at the moment.

Thiago is nowhere near proven as Kroos is at the moment. Kroos has proven himself both on international stage, CL and in the Bundesliga.
By doing what exactly except for being part of winning teams? Bayern have the best team in the bundesliga, Germany have the best crop of players in the world right now with Spain, its not a surprise if he wins medals his playing in great teams. Fergie judged Gerrard as not a 'top top' player because he lost the majority of midfield battles against Scholes and Keane (personal i think thats rubbish) but I haven't seen Kroos win a midfield battle against a top player yet. Madrid destroyed him and his lack of strength and mobility cost Bayern a goal. He was oblivious against us in both legs and except for the Portugal game he just done enough. In all honest Pogba showed more class than him in the France match. I just think a lot of you have rose tinted glasses on and are too obsessed in thinking because he resembles Scholes it would be rude not to call him world class.

Herman Van Rompuy

Bears False Witness
Kroos the best in the world at what he does. Those of you saying he's not are deluded and those saying Herrera is nothing compared to him are missing the point. We signed Herrera because he has totally different attributes to Kroos. Herrera has more dynamism, can tackle and is very good techinically. Our midfield's been lacking drive for a long time. Van Gaal's identified that problem immediately and so in comes Herrera. Perfect bit of business.

Van gaal probably called the Kroos deal off because he sniffed out the fact Kroos wasn't really fussed about playing for us and could've subjected us to some kind of bidding war with the likes of Real Madrid, which is something United have said they won't entertain. This will have all been discussed by Woodward and Van Gaal. Rejecting kroos looks silly to us but it won't be because Kroos was deemed "not good enough" by Van Gaal. To get back to being a real powerhouse in Europe, we need a youthful team with a burning desire to play for the club and the manager. Van Gaal knows how to cultivate that sort of energy as we saw at the world cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.