Top 4 race 2016/17

Ixion

I really hope we've gotten the shitty performances out of our system and capitalise.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I can't see anything other than a comfortable Chelsea win tbh.
With the teams we turned out in the previous three games I would have agreed with you. But it wasn't that team and no one really noticed beyond Mane (who ironically didn't play after all).

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Obviously with Spurs easier 2nd half of the season you should pull away.
I was edging more towards the Arsenal result, i forgot about Spurs.
I see. I guess that's why you addressed your post to me.

Havak

Pokemon master
All too often, when two or three teams in the top five do drop points, we end up not winning as well. Need to thump Hull tomorrow and put ourselves well and truly in the argument. League is gone (and has been for a while), Chelsea will probably put everyone out of it (bar maybe Spurs) by beating Arsenal at the weekend. We could well be level on points with Arsenal and on roughly the same as third and fourth after our next two fixtures. Top four is anybodies.

Shiva87

All too often, when two or three teams in the top five do drop points, we end up not winning as well. Need to thump Hull tomorrow and put ourselves well and truly in the argument. League is gone (and has been for a while), Chelsea will probably put everyone out of it (bar maybe Spurs) by beating Arsenal at the weekend. We could well be level on points with Arsenal and on roughly the same as third and fourth after our next two fixtures. Top four is anybodies.
But at the same time, if Arsenal get a result against Chelsea and we win both our games - we'll be 3 points from 2nd and 9 points from first. With 15 games to go, the league could be back in play - especially with our relatively kind fixture list till end March.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Well... Yes?
You "forgot about Spurs", yet addressed your post to me ... crowing about our only drawing away to Sunderland, whilst we climbed to 2nd place :lol:. You figure it out sunshine.

VanGaalyTime

United are really the only team behind Chelsea that hasn't had any insane results against poor teams this season. Yes, we've drawn a few bad ones at home, but we've only played poorly against Chelsea and Watford. Can easily see us sneaking second here.

cyberman

You "forgot about Spurs", yet addressed your post to me ... crowing about our only drawing away to Sunderland, whilst we climbed to 2nd place :lol:. You figure it out sunshine.
You were the one making broad statements about the easier / harder fixture lists for the entire top 6 in this very thread, not just Spurs.
Must be hard for you to keep up.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
You were the one making broad statements about the easier / harder fixture lists for the entire top 6 in this very thread, not just Spurs.
Must be hard for you to keep up.
Not really ... we draw and climb a place in the table :lol:

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
No one is talking about you climbing a ppace in the table we're talking about you dropping away to sunderland which is supposedly one of the easier games according to you, no?
Well, there's a surprise :lol:

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Probably the best set of results all season.

If we can take nine points from the next three relatively kind fixtures, the momentum will set things up nicely for a battle on all four fronts.

Rajma

Not sure why Mods allow Glaston to get away with constant wumming. Spurs would have been so much more likeable if not for him alone.

IRELANDUNITED

We are right bang in the mix for top 4 now provided we win tomorrow. I know we spent an absolute fortune last summer but even getting 4th would represent a good league campaign for us for this season. There are 6 clubs all gunning for 4 positions and whichever 2 miss out are gonna be bitterly disappointed with their season. The 4 clubs that get it can all build on this season and we need to be 1 of those 4. Top 4, a league Cup and maybe a Europa League or an FA Cup would be a wonderful first year for Mourinho, and all those goals are well within reach.

cyberman

Not really ... we draw and climb a place in the table :lol:
I meant to keep up with the nonsense you post on here. Just imagine if you won your easy game tonight rather than drop points to David Moyes. 2 points closer to Chelsea and a chance to beat Boro and put real pressure on Chelsea before they face Arsenal.
Is Boro considered easy on Saturday or will Spurs drop points again? How easy is easy?
If we can't make definite statements about fixtures 1/2/3/4 months away then what is this world coming to :(

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not sure why Mods allow Glaston to get away with constant wumming. Spurs would have been so much more likeable if not for him alone.
If you don't like what he posts you can ignore him.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
This feels like it simply highlights how poor each team has been within each time period referenced. Either that or it shows how good Chelsea have been.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
This feels like it simply highlights how poor each team has been within each time period referenced. Either that or it shows how good Chelsea have been.

Yeah wouldnt take much from it really.

Liverpool being around the top 4 hasnt happened often lately.

Arsenal havent been challenging for the title for ages.

Same applies to spurs and their 1 out of 51 seasons is probably last season.

Suedesi

After the game i needed to blow off some steam (was expecting a win and had my money on United...) not fair, but it happened. In the end you do have a point there, some of my written drivel was over the top. It's been better than under LVG and Moyes, that's for sure.

Still, United bought 4 class players and despite some players having improved compared to last season (Rojo, Jones, Valencia, Carrick, Darmian) others have fallen behind (Martial, Smalling, Shaw, Schweinsteiger) and the future's not loking too bright when it comes to the likes of Blind and perhaps Mata. Rashford's development has arguably stalled.

I wasn't happy with the style of play in a lot of games this season, e.g. the last game against Scouse. Their team was there for the taking, but how many clear cut chances did United create?

The question is what did you expect before the season started? I thought we would mount a serious title challenge and most likely win the thing. Personally, i can't see the leaders Chelsea having a better squad player for player and after last season their mentality must have been rock bottom too. So i disagree with your assessment that Mourinho's doing very well so far, as aformentioned he's no doubt been better than the former two coaches but taking the 4 new acquisitions into consideration (tbf all of them have been a success story) i and most people expected us to be in a far better position this time around the year.

But Mourinho should be given another season, even without reaching top 4 which would still be a huge disappointment. Mourinho build his reputation on winning no matter what, that's what you'd expect to get when you hire him, so you get my disappointment after the Liverpool game. These are the games you expect him to win. Maybe he set the bar too high...most likely make or break next season.

We can still reach top 4 and win 0-3 cups, but next season i want us to challenge for the league with the quality we have around.
We didn't play well, but funnily enough created better chances. I can think of Pogba's scuffed shot, Mkhitaryan's shot, Martial's chance of Mkhi's pass etc. Liverpool were able to dictate the play after we gifted them a penalty.

MartialsBeard

Hate to be that guy but im sorry we wont win tomorrow. We havethis uncanny nack of losing or drawing right at the critical point. Weve done it perhaps 3 times this season when results go our way. Its just our whoodoo and im absolutely sick of it.

I have no confidence at all in this game think it will be like the Watford one and well just get undone.

Djemba-Djemba

Hate to be that guy but im sorry we wont win tomorrow. We havethis uncanny nack of losing or drawing right at the critical point. Weve done it perhaps 3 times this season when results go our way. Its just our whoodoo and im absolutely sick of it.

I have no confidence at all in this game think it will be like the Watford one and well just get undone.
Ah well that's that sorted then.

SomeRandomPerson

Have the same feeling. And the not capitalising on our rivals slipping up isn't just about this season either, we routinely did the same last season. It's probably a mentality issue.

Tapori

Chelsea seem solid, stodgy and hard to beat but not scintillating. I can see Chelsea drawing or losing against Arsenal and City; Which means nothing as we'll probably draw against Hull.

Spurs are really missing a spark from the bench, like a pacy young winger/striker to really stretch teams wide. They rely on their full backs to give width which can be a curse.

Just wait until Rafa brings the Geordies into contention next season and savor the unpredictability of it all.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
We have to win tomorrow night. All of the top 5 bar Chelsea are there for the taking.