Top 4 race 2016/17

SteveTheRed

Just know that Arsenal will turn up for the last couple of months of the season. Beat Bayern Munich next week 3-0, go on a winning run, get into the CL and they cycle will repeat itself.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Next 5 league fixtures :

United: Bournemouth, Boro, West Brom, Everton, and Sunderland.

City: Sunderland, Stoke, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea

Spurs: Everton, Palace, Southampton, Burnley, Swansea

Arsenal: Liverpool, West Brom, Man City, West Ham, Palace

Liverpool:
Arsenal, Burnley, Man City, Everton, Bournemouth

Chelsea: West Ham, Stoke, Palace, Man City, Bournemouth

Both us and Chelsea should have a game in hand i believe....

We need 15 points from our fixtures to even dream about finishing top 4. If we get that we should be around 2nd place with a 3-4 point cushion over a 5th placed team.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
We need 15 points from our fixtures to even dream about finishing top 4. If we get that we should be around 2nd place with a 3-4 point cushion over a 5th placed team.
I agree with this as well. That also meas Mourinho can do what he's famous for in the big games and shut up shop. Winning the next 5 means you have the cushion of being able to draw against the other teams in the top 6 and not lose any ground. Mourinho will set you up for this and you'll make them take the game to you which could also feed into your hands with players like Mkhi and Martial on the counter.

Anything less than 13 points from these next 5 puts you into a crap position in my opinion. But then, you do have the Europa League to fall back on.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
Predict the results to predict final standings/point (at the bottom of the article)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/premier-league-top-six-predictor-9935059

• 1Chelsea91
  • 2Man City85
  • 3Tottenham79
  • 4Arsenal79
  • 5Liverpool76
  • 6Man Utd76
I think I've overestimated every teams performances in order to be fair, in reality every team should get less points imo especially City who aren't consisten t enough to get 85 points.

ruskyline

Predict the results to predict final standings/point (at the bottom of the article)

• 1Chelsea91
  • 2Man City85
  • 3Tottenham79
  • 4Arsenal79
  • 5Liverpool76
  • 6Man Utd76
I think I've overestimated every teams performances in order to be fair, in reality every team should get less points imo especially City who aren't consisten t enough to get 85 points.
NO WAY WE FINISH BELOW L'POOL AND ARSENAL!!

Tottenham will bottle it, Arsenal sh*t their pants against top teams and L'pool are falling faster than the speed of light.

1. Chelsea
2. Man Utd
3. City
4. Spurs
5. Arsenal
6. Everton
7. L'Pool

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

• 1Chelsea91
  • 2Man City85
  • 3Tottenham79
  • 4Arsenal79
  • 5Liverpool76
  • 6Man Utd76
Don't kid yourself, you aren't making top 4.

Skills

Snitch

• 1Chelsea91
  • 2Man City85
  • 3Tottenham79
  • 4Arsenal79
  • 5Liverpool76
  • 6Man Utd76
1. Chelsea 90
2. Man City 83
3. Man United 81
4. Spurs 79
5. Arsenal 78
6. Liverpool 71

pixel

• 1Chelsea91
  • 2Man City85
  • 3Tottenham79
  • 4Arsenal79
  • 5Liverpool76
  • 6Man Utd76
Chelsea 89
Tottenham 87
City 87
Arsenal 79
Liverpool 75
United 73

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Early in his career Jose had a big problem with Adrian Mutu even though the player was a fan favourite. Chelsea sacked Mutu and they won the title.
Hahaha, Mutu was fired because he was caught with cocaine in his system after a drugs test, not because of a fallout with Mourinho for fecks sake. :lol:

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
City's fixtures :eek:. Liverpool's are tricky as well. You do really need 15 points out of 15.

Moiraine

Tottenham will bottle it, Arsenal sh*t their pants against top teams and L'pool are falling faster than the speed of light.
I think there is more chance of Arsenal and Liverpool bottling it than Tottenham who looks more resilient in Premier League. They are a good physical side and can bulldoze their way pass teams in the premier league.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Chelsea 89
City 81
United 81
Tottenham 79
Arsenal 77
Liverpool 74

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
  • 1 Chelsea 87
  • 2 Man City 85
  • 3 Tottenham 80
  • 4 Arsenal 76
  • 5 Man Utd 74
  • 6 Liverpool 65
I think I may have been a little harsh on Chelsea and Liverpool, too nice to Spurs and City. I have Utd losing to both North London clubs which based on my predictions will be what costs us.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool

1. Chelsea
2. Man Utd
3. City
4. Spurs
5. Arsenal
6. Everton
7. L'Pool
Da feck is that? United second?

I think someone's been on the ju ju.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Of course that's not happening, but you weren't rolling your eyes at that, you were rolling them at Utd continuing on their current path?
I meant that i can't see United getting only 25 points in their last 13 games based on their current form.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

• 1Chelsea91
  • 2Man City85
  • 3Tottenham79
  • 4Arsenal79
  • 5Liverpool76
  • 6Man Utd76

I think I put us to win at the Emirates and draw to Spurs + City. Optimistic and still barely getting top 4!

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We're the closest we've been since November when personally i wrote finishing top 4 off. I still think the away games remaining will be our downfall. Europa is still our best chance of qualifying for the CL.

CM

1. Chelsea 91
2. Man City 82
3. Spurs 77
4. Man Utd 75
5. Arsenal 74
6. Liverpool 73
Probably not the most realistic. Looking back, I don't think I had us, Chelsea or Spurs losing another game for the rest of the season :lol:

Shez

How can we get spanked in the CL every year when we have qualified twice? First time with a quite impressive campaign. Feel free to critisize Spurs for their bad CL campaign, but 1 does not equal 'year in year out'.

And it's not like City, Chelsea and yourself get it right every year either. In fact, English teams have been underwhelming in Europe for some time without Spurs' help.

If someone else wants CL they should show they are good enough by finishing above us in the league.
Was referring to your track record in the EL as well ... reckon a rare QF appearance is the best you've managed in that as well in recent years if memory serves well? Ofcourse past performances are not a solid indicator but I'd rather have teams in Europe who take the competition seriously rather than parading out weak sides to maximize their chances of qualifying for the same competition by a higher position in the league.

cyberman

Ill never understand why other sides are given the benefit of the doubt while we are doomed to struggle.
Historically Arsenal always get top 4 and we have tough away game... Ignores our historic good form away to Spurs and Arsenal...

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Ill never understand why other sides are given the benefit of the doubt while we are doomed to struggle.
Historically Arsenal always get top 4 and we have tough away game... Ignores our historic good form away to Spurs and Arsenal...
We've won 1 of the last 6 away games at Spurs, 2 out of 6 at Arsenal.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
  • Most away games remaining out of the Top 6
  • Most games against the Top 6
  • Poor record against Top 6 teams this season
  • Possible fatigue already kicking in due to small squad
  • Still in 2 other competitions
  • Reliant on one player for goals
  • Least amount of room for error

Again, I'm beginning to doubt you'll qualify through the League after seeing your fixture list.

Treble_Winning

History isn't relevant. This Arsenal side look even weaker mentally than previous ones. The fact that there is a cloud hanging over Wenger's future isn't helping, its destabilizing them even more.

I fully expect Arsenal and Liverpool to miss out on the top four. Spurs will make it, as they are marginally better than those two clubs. If and when that happens, I really do think we will see the end of both Wenger and Klopp.

jackofalltrades

Just imagine the last game of the season being City v United and City need to win to get the PL and United to get 4th. Mother of all squeaky bum times ?:drool:

Francoruud

Supports
Chelsea
The EL have (often wrongly in my opinion) been a competition to play reserves / weakened teams while the focus was on the league. This season was different, but generally the EL has not been a priority (last season Poch thought we could catch Leicester and played a weak team against Dortmund). Sure, European form is relevant to a degree, but what I'm saying is that this group of players and manager have been continuing to improve, it's not like City got it right straight away, or Fergie for that matter.

Mistakes were made, that does not mean that they will necessarily continue to happen. Before Pochettino we were an incredible flaky team, we lacked that grit and determination to see out results, and could suddenly concede 3 goals in 10 minutes. We went from that to a situation where we arguably have the best defense in the league. Our squad depth is also improving, last year our depth was almost non-existent, now we have players such as Son, Wimmer (and Lamela when fit) outside the current starting 11.

What I am saying is that Rome wasn't built overnight, and stating that Spurs (who only recently have been breaking into the top 4, with a total of 2 CL runs, and without the financial power to buy established stars) are doomed to never improve on this aspect because we are Spurs is quite frankly lazy. If we stagnate and make the same mistakes again and again, sure, then that criticism is fair, but it's just too early to draw conclusions on winning mentality or European form imo.
I agree that you've been improving as a team over the past few seasons. I've stated that a number of times on here. But I don't see how that has changed your side's mentality. You still ended up finishing 3rd in a 2 horse race between yourselves and Leicester last season. The tie against Gent doesn't prove to me that that mentality has changed between last season and now either. City still don't have much European steel but Pep does and that's why I think they'll make a strong run next season. I could be wrong of course and Spurs could end up reaching next season's QF but right now I just don't see it. You have a chance to finish 2nd this season but will you do it? Again, I think you'll let it slip by a point or two.
People convinced Arsenal in top 4 just because it's "what they do" is such a childish thought process. They aren't getting top 4 as the pressure will never be off, they look completely lost and leaderless. They don't ever look likely of beating any team they play, they're massively overrated.
I remember when everyone doubted they'd make top 4 in 2011, especially after they were 17th by week 4 or 5. I remember hearing this in 2013 or was it 2014. If there's one thing Wenger knows how to do, it's make the top 4. We'll see how it plays out. I actually don't want them to make it.

CM

• Most away games remaining out of the Top 6
  • Most games against the Top 6
  • Poor record against Top 6 teams this season
  • Possible fatigue already kicking in due to small squad
  • Still in 2 other competitions
  • Reliant on one player for goals
  • Least amount of room for error

Again, I'm beginning to doubt you'll qualify through the League after seeing your fixture list.
Small squad? We probably have the most depth of any team in the league.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
I agree that you've been improving as a team over the past few seasons. I've stated that a number of times on here. But I don't see how that has changed your side's mentality. You still ended up finishing 3rd in a 2 horse race between yourselves and Leicester last season. The tie against Gent doesn't prove to me that that mentality has changed between last season and now either. City still don't have much European steel but Pep does and that's why I think they'll make a strong run next season. I could be wrong of course and Spurs could end up reaching next season's QF but right now I just don't see it. You have a chance to finish 2nd this season but will you do it? Again, I think you'll let it slip by a point or two.
Yeah, fair points. If you question the mentality, then you can take these matches as further proof if you'd like.

I would personally say we showed strong mental resilience last season by continuing to battle with Leicester when other teams crumbled. We had a bad start of the league and had to continue to chase them (so it never really was a race between Leicester and us, we were always hoping they would slip). We then drew 2-2 away to a Chelsea team who were very up for the game, in this game the team showed a determination and will to win at any cost, despite not being good enough on the day. We then imploded when the league was no longer within reach, and somehow managed to collapse completely, but for me, - this was more of a hungover from the disappointment of losing, we didn't bottle when we were chasing the win. Regardless, completely inexcusable, but I don't agree that it was lack of winning mentality or bottling or whatever (against Chelsea), - it was disappointment of 'only finishing second' since we couldn't possible finish third that somehow took our eyes off the ball imo.

And if we don't finish second this season, would our mentality be in question? Depends how I guess, but would you question the mentality of the other 4 teams finishing behind us? Slightly unfair imo.

Bottom line I guess is that we read the evidence slightly different, and I can't say that you're wrong, - but I have my own views (obviously more positive :D ) Guess time will tell what happens.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Noone take form into consideration on here?
United have barely lost a game the last couple months, Liverpool can't beat anyone this year, and still several opposing fans think they will end above us? Really?
United will get top 4, i'm guessing third, behind Chelsa and one of Spurs or City, probably City.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Obviously too optimistic. Not in terms of our results, but how badly other will perform (mainly Liverpool and Arsenal):

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Small squad? We probably have the most depth of any team in the league.
Disagree. You're pretty much fecked if any one of Zlatan, Pogba, Herrera, Martial & Mkhitaryan get hurt for a lengthy period of time. Those are all unsurprisingly your best outfield players as well. I also brought that up because you'll be playing more games than the rest of the Top 6.

By the way, you think United have better depth than City do?