City
Team P - GD - Pts
1 Chelsea 26 - 36 - 63
2 Tottenham 26 - 32 - 53
3 Man City 25 - 22 - 52
4 Arsenal 25 - 26 - 50
5 Liverpool 26 - 22 - 49
6 Man Utd 25 - 17 - 48

Arsenal beat Liverpool and they are 4 points clear of them with a game in hand.. surely would kill off Liverpool but not great for us. Hope for a draw (and a win for us).

I wouldn't be so sure, if they can be around 4 or 5 points of 4th after the next 4 games then they have arguably the easiest run in of any team for their last 8 fixtures.

Flying_Heckfish

I wouldn't be so sure, if they can be around 4 or 5 points of 4th after the next 4 games then they have arguably the easiest run in of any team for their last 8 fixtures.
They will probably beat Arsenal, Everton and yourselves only to lose to the fodder knowing their season so far!

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Big games in the top coming up. Big one is obviously Liverpool v Arsenal, but the Spurs v Everton is also a quite big game with Evertons form.

My predictions:
Manchester United 3-1 Bournemouth (Bournemouth concede for fun atm, and its at OT)
Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal (It's at Anfield, but I feel the Liverpool team are mentally tired and deflated atm)
Spurs 2-1 Everton (Spurs have been strong at home, and Lukaku has never scored against Tottenham)
Sunderland 3-2 Manchester City (Either this or 4-0 City, it just feels like that defense is far from convincing, and Sunderland need a performance since they are last in the table, it's at home for Sunderland as well.

MullerUtd

Big games in the top coming up. Big one is obviously Liverpool v Arsenal, but the Spurs v Everton is also a quite big game with Evertons form.

My predictions:
Manchester United 3-1 Bournemouth (Bournemouth concede for fun atm, and its at OT)
Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal (It's at Anfield, but I feel the Liverpool team are mentally tired and deflated atm)
Spurs 2-1 Everton (Spurs have been strong at home, and Lukaku has never scored against Tottenham)
Sunderland 3-2 Manchester City (Either this or 4-0 City, it just feels like that defense is far from convincing, and Sunderland need a performance since they are last in the table, it's at home for Sunderland as well.
Pretty much what I thought too. A lot of people are saying Liverpool will beat Arsenal due to their best record vs the Top 6, but Arsenal has a fairly good record at Anfield and usually when it comes to a face-off for top 4, with Arsenal at 4th and Liverpool at 5th, Arsenal tend to prevail. Sunderland used to be City's bogey team but recently that has changed, but still won't be surprised if Sunderland beat them, I still think City will beat them 3-0, 4-0 as they are on a good run now. Important that we beat Bournemouth, we simply have to as one of the top 6 is going to drop points. We could overtake Liverpool by the end of Saturday, hopefully.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
What you would call an easy run for any other side in the top six, I would call a very difficult run as a Liverpool fan.

We've struggled against the lesser teams all season.

MullerUtd

To all those hoping for a Liverpool win or draw against Arsenal, why would you? Personally, I hope Arsenal beat them soundly. If Liverpool beat Arsenal, they will be right back in the mix for top 4 and it's better to chase one team than two teams. A draw will probably be the best result for us, but I'd rather Liverpool be dropped out of the running for top 4 as much as possible rather than we fighting with 2 to 3 teams with a few points difference.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout

My predictions:
I think Spurs will beat Everton easily. They are excellent side especially at home and I don't see Everton coping with Spurs attack.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal

My predictions:
I wish! :D

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Was a must-win game when this is one of the opportunities where our top four rivals are playing each other.

We now need to forget about the league and focus on the Europa. That is currently the most realistic route to Champions League football next season.

Acquire Me

Was a must-win game when this is one of the opportunities where our top four rivals are playing each other.

We now need to forget about the league and focus on the Europa. That is currently the most realistic route to Champions League football next season.
Sadly, this.

NYAS

Like I've said for most of the season and got laughed at. Forget the league and just win the cups.

Pathetic.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Well, if United can't win at home against 10 men Bournemouth, it's hard to see that they deserve top 4.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

We've done it every single time we've had an opportunity to move up.

fecking disgrace!

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
We can't finish 4 in a weak league.

We would be stuffed in the CL anyway.

Bogga

Every time we get close we choke... fecking terrible. Liverfeck, Arse, CSKA, Shitty and all other teams just stroll through these games with ease... we barely get away with a 2-1 or like this game bottle it like crazy

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
We can't handle the pressure unfortunately. Today was the definition of a bottle job. We threw it away.

Peanut Butter

Well, if United can't win at home against 10 men Bournemouth, it's hard to see that they deserve top 4.
It's not just this match. We can beat 11 man Spurs but struggle against Hull and Bournemouth.

The top 4 will be:

Chelsea
City
Arse
Spurs

But we all knew that anyway. Utd still have work to do.

But trophies > 4th place for
me. Last two finals at Wembley have been epic :drool:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Even last season when we had the chance to get top 4 and were 2-1 up with less than 20mins left and we lost. We are serial bottlers in the league. We will have further chances this season to get into the top 4 and blow it. Our only hope is the Europa League I feel.

Untied

Today probably is a turning point. Europa now has to be prioritised over the league.

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
It's the time where these types of results seem to become more and more common. It's probably just a myth but it always seems that way. We have to try and avoid them ourselves.

I'm not opposed to an Arsenal win later today, if that happens and if we could get a win tomorrow then a small gap will be appearing.

salford_

This unbeaten run many bang on about has taken the club from 6th to 6th. Hardly earth shattering

Peanut Butter

It's the time where these types of results seem to become more and more common. It's probably just a myth but it always seems that way. We have to try and avoid them ourselves.

I'm not opposed to an Arsenal win later today, if that happens and if we could get a win tomorrow then a small gap will be appearing.
Liverpool won't get top 4 don't worry.

You lot have claimed it now I think.

NJM78

Hopefully Spurs beat Everton, I don't want anyone taking our sixth place away.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
Burnley
Stoke
Hull
Arsenal
Bournemouth
West Ham

12 pts at home thrown away this season, that is the reason we will miss out on the top 4.

We cannot expect to pick up enough points in the rest of the games unless there is a sharp uptake in chances being taken.

Away: Man City, Tottenham, Arsenal, Sunderland, Southampton, Middlesbrough, Stoke and Burnley.
Home: Chelsea, Palace, West Brom and Everton.

Peanut Butter

Have we hell, there's a long long way to go. Don't beat Everton tomorrow and we are no better off.
You simply have a better team and manager than Liverpool and will walk the top 4 places now.

Pool might smash Arsenal later but like us they can't beat the likes of Burnley and Hull. Spurs win them games by 3 or 4.

Akshay

Staff
Shades of last season where we had the chance to take top 4 ahead of City so many times and the team wasn't interested. Presumably because they didn't want to play for LVG but what's the excuse now? Think top 4 is done for us now. It's all about the cups.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
People have been saying this every season for the last 3 years.

Sadly the bedwetrers have usually been on the right side more times than not.
We haven't had Mourinho during that period. Anyone writing off our chances with 12 games left when we are within a couple of points off 4th just doesn't believe in our players and manager.

Peanut Butter

People have been saying this every season for the last 3 years.

Sadly the bedwetrers have usually been on the right side more times than not.
2 trophies last 2 seasons. Not need to wet the bed. Today was frustrating and I am gutted about the result but you'd think the world is ending judging by the crap posted on here.