Top Four Race 2018/19

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Starting to feel a draw would have been a better result for us here
Arsenal have got City coming up soon so hopefully we can gain some advantage there. Chelsea have a couple of cup games (one being Spurs) then away to Bournemouth next so who knows, we could be level on points in 4th by the end of the month.

Wouldn't that be something?

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
United look as if they could be the highest climbers and haven't moved up in the rankings. (The caveat being Arsenal hold out that is)

Are United climbing or are the others sliding?

Pughnichi

Happy with an arsenal win today. Keeps Chelsea closer and arsenal are more likely to drop pets down the line than Chelsea. 4pts off 3rd as it stands. Happy days

Pughnichi

United look as if they could be the highest climbers and haven't moved up in the rankings. (The caveat being Arsenal hold out that is)

Both. 18 pts from 18 whilst teams around us a dropping points all over the place. Still a big ask but Burnley at home in the league next...similar to today, should be another 3 pts

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Arsenal's next 5:

Cardiff (H)
Man. City (A)
Huddersfield (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Southampton (H)

Should be winning 3 of those (Southampton feels a dodgy opponent atm so not sure on that one). Then we're into home straight of last 10 games.

Man. United surely will drop points in next five weeks.

Trizy

Arsenal win is the best result for United. Hope we can keep winning and today should be a big wake up call!!

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

With 6 straight league wins on the bounce I'd say we are definitely climbing.

Hard to believe but only a month ago we were 11 points behind Chelsea. The gap will have shrunk to three after tonight. Incredible achievement.

@duffer worried yet?

Dante

Average bang
You can always rely on Arsenal to bottle it when it really matters. I want them to take as many points as possible off our rivals before it gets to that point.

Feed Me

I'm hungry

The rankings are largely irrelevant. The gap has been cut from 11 to 3, which is the only relevant stat.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Still 6th though, could have been a boost to be rewarded with a positional change after this run
For me, I’ve always maintained that I have no interest in what Arsenal do. Unless they become 4th. We are chasing Chelsea, not them, so any points dropped by the 4th place team is ideal. Better to be 3 off 4th than 4 off 4th.

We’ll pass Arsenal soon enough if we keep going, but Chelsea are the target.

peridigm

For me, I’ve always maintained that I have no interest in what Arsenal do. Unless they become 4th. We are chasing Chelsea, not them, so any points dropped by the 4th place team is ideal. Better to be 3 off 4th than 4 off 4th.

Find and replace Chelsea with Spurs and you’re spot on.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

As the cliche goes though Chelsea's GD counts as a point so whether we're 3 points off them or 4 we need them to drop points in at least 2 more games

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Can't imagine a next season without UCL, really hope we can make it but going by the bookmakers' odds, it's a tall order.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
As the cliche goes though Chelsea's GD counts as a point so whether we're 3 points off them or 4 we need them to drop points in at least 2 more games
That’s true, although the GD gap is not insurmountable either. Gap is 8 now, think we can close that, especially as Chelsea have no striker.

cyberman

They probably saw spurs as a threat for third rather than us for fourth
It still doesn't make sense. Third doesn't get you anything more than fourth.
Plus rooting for us because they're not sure we're a threat is moot because a win cements us as one.
I know the two clubs hate each other but it defies logic.

cyberman

There's 15 games left! A 2-0 won at Old Trafford cuts that in half on its own.
Plus they're not huge goalscorers so if it does come down to GD we should be up on them by then.

marktan

Chelsea play City a week or two before our next match against the big 6, Liverpool, so hopefully we can gain even more ground over the next few weeks.

Minimalist

On like donkey kong now. Amazing.

I'll repeat again, I thought we had no chance before Ole came in.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Our biggest issue is potential burnout. Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea are all eminently catchable.

It's going to go to the wire. I hope we bring in a player or two before February.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Look at Arsenal's next five. I can see them being above Chelsea in a months time. Man. United could well be aswell with the obvious momentum you guys have now.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
All eyes on Fulham v Spurs now

Personally feel Spurs will win but if they don't...

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Seriously can't believe we're just three points off fourth place. Incredible.

Devil81

Well, that's great, were 100% in the hunt for that top four spot now.

Three points can be easily turned around on Chelsea and Spurs have to contend with the loss of their two best attackers.

Djemba-Djemba

I'd written it off after the Liverpool game. What were we? 11 points behind Chelsea.

Down to 3 points in a month. Incredible.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Remaining games v the top six:

Liverpool (60pts, 23 games)
Man Utd (a)
Spurs (h)
Chelsea (h)

Man City (53pts, 22 games)

Arsenal (h)
Chelsea (h)
Man Utd (a)
Spurs (h)

Spurs (48pts, 22 games)

Chelsea (a)
Arsenal (h)
Liverpool (a)
Man City (a)

Chelsea (47pts, 23 games)

Man City (a)
Spurs (h)
Liverpool (a)
Man Utd (a)

Arsenal (44pts, 23 games)

Man City (a)
Spurs (a)
Man Utd (h)

Man United (44pts, 23 games)

Liverpool (h)
Arsenal (a)
Man City (h)
Chelsea (h)

Wheato

With 17 games still to play, we are 3 points behind Chelsea and 4 points behind Spurs. We can absolutely do this.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Wow Chelsea and Spurs have it bad.

E-mal

We need to get Koullibaly in, then we have a very good chance. Our defenders can't keep a clean sheet.