Top Four Race 2018/19

SqueakyWeasel

Arsenal-United at the Emirates is going to be huge !

I would love it if we both got into top 4 at the expanse of Spurs and Chelsea. They would lose Hazard, Willian, Sarri (?) and keep a hated Jorginho.
While Spurs would lose some money, hopefully Eriksen, Alderwereild and Pochettino. :devil:
Get past the NL derby successfully and then we'll talk ;)

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Just about got enough points on the board already for me to be o.k. I've got them getting a point at Chelsea and beating Arsenal as they tend to do at home nowadays so short lived slump again.
Spurs dont draw though ;)

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Get past the NL derby successfully and then we'll talk ;)
Even if we beat Bournemouth and lose to Spurs while you win everything, it is still a massive game that could make us leap above you.

deadrevelz

It's not inconceivable for Spurs to find themselves in some trouble, they've got by far the hardest run in what with Chelsea away tomorrow, then Arsenal at home and then both Liverpool and City away.
I hope not. It was fanciful to think we could catch Spurs, even before all the injuries. I want Spurs to batter Chelsea and Arsenal.

SqueakyWeasel

Even if we beat Bournemouth and lose to Spurs while you win everything, it is still a massive game that could make us leap above you.
I didn't say anything wrong, did I?

In fact I totally agree that it will be an enormous game and the winner will be in a great place!

I was referring to your comment that we could both overtake Spurs, obviously, given the nature of my words were about Spurs. I think that idea has merit. Although I'm a great believer that come the end of the season GD does not lie too much – so we both need to improve and they need to implode … IMHO :D

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Spurs never ever win when you want them to. Suppose them getting dragged into the race isn't a bad thing though.
Indeed, better there be two positions up for grabs than one

Draw at the weekend please

Kapardin

Urgh, win despite injuries and yet no better in the table thanks to Bournemouth bending over and Spurs being Spurs when it matters.

This race is going to go down to the last day.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Arsenal vs Spurs next. Interesting how the table could look like depending on the result if we capitalize.

Raw

Honestly think we are the team most likely to fall out of the top 4 now. Absolute shambles.
Still a long way to go. Everyone though we'd be favourites to get top 4 but now it doesn't look so certain. You're going to have to make it right v Arsenal.

Member 90887

So spurs sucked back into it.

Good then, if they lose against Arsenal, and we as well as chelsea win, there would be only 2 points between 3rd and 6th.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Chelsea v Spurs was a good result for United if you want to finish as high as possible. Less good if you just want to finish fourth. Same again with Arsenal vs Spurs.

cyberman

Kind of want Arsenal to beat Spurs on Saturday...
Of course you should. They still have to visit Anfield and Etihad after this. If they don't basically win all of their home games then they are in serious trouble.
Add in the chance we have of beating Arsenal in a few weeks to leapfrog them then it's a no brainer

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Can we expect Spurs to beat Arsenal at least?
they are both above us, so I'll take a draw. If we win and they draw we are back in the top four and 3 points off 3rd

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Can we expect Spurs to beat Arsenal at least?
I think this is shaping up to be a dirty NLD, they will really not want to lose 3 and we have to get something to keep our hopes up before Arsenal-United... Oh how i would like them to drop out miserably :D

marktan

Spurs losing isn't really a good result for us, we need to put daylight between ourselves and Chelsea and Arse really. Only way it's useful is if Arse beat Spurs - in which case there'd now be two spots to compete for but I don't think Arse winning is very likely.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Southampton
Arsenal
Watford
Wolves
West Ham
Everton
Man City
Chelsea
Huddersfield
Cardiff

3 really tough games, 4 difficult ones, and 3 relatively straight forward ones. How many point do you reckon we'll need to secure top 4??

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Of course you should. They still have to visit Anfield and Etihad after this. If they don't basically win all of their home games then they are in serious trouble.
Add in the chance we have of beating Arsenal in a few weeks to leapfrog them then it's a no brainer
A draw would be swell

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Southampton
Arsenal
Watford
Wolves
West Ham
Everton
Man City
Chelsea
Huddersfield
Cardiff

3 really tough games, 4 difficult ones, and 3 relatively straight forward ones. How many point do you reckon we'll need to secure top 4??

Rajma

Southampton
Arsenal
Watford
Wolves
West Ham
Everton
Man City
Chelsea
Huddersfield
Cardiff

I really cannot see us losing any of those, I think Arsenal game is massive as it is very tough to win at the same ground twice in the same season. I’m confident about our home games against City and Chelsea with fully fit squad.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
Southampton
Arsenal
Watford
Wolves
West Ham
Everton
Man City
Chelsea
Huddersfield
Cardiff

I think 75 will be enough, 7 wins, 2 draws puts us on 78 and give City a boost should see us both over the line.

Avoiding defeat to the Arse and Chelsea will be key, win them and I think we'll take it with room to spare.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Honestly think we are the team most likely to fall out of the top 4 now. Absolute shambles.
Will hold fire until Saturday lunchtime. Apparently I'm Arsenal's number one fan on here but even I can see it would be typical Arsenal to follow two good home wins and go to out of form Spurs and meekly lose 1-0.

You win that game and you go back 7 points ahead of them and feel comfortable again.

To me it's an absolute must not lose for Spurs as you've still got to go to Anfield and Man. City so Arsenal and Man. United can take advantage on those weekends with whoever they're playing.

Raw

Southampton
Arsenal
Watford
Wolves
West Ham
Everton
Man City
Chelsea
Huddersfield
Cardiff

Spurs: Arsenal H, Southampton A, Palace H, Liverpool A, Brighton H, Huddersfield H, City A, West Ham H, Bournemouth A, Everton H
Arsenal: Spurs A, United H, Wolves A, Newcastle H, Everton A, Watford A, Palace H, Leicester A, Brighton H, Burnley A
Chelsea: Fulham A, Wolves H, Everton A, Cardiff A, West Ham H, Liverpool A, Burnley H, United A, Watford H, Leicester A, Brighton H

I think Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea will get about 20-22 points. Meaning we'll need about 22-24 points (77-79 points). It's going to require more points than usual I think.

RG 11

Any result in the Spurs arse game should be good for us assuming we win our game. Personally I want a draw so we can go ahead of Arsenal and breathe down Spur's necks.

Would be hilarious if Spurs end up dropping out of top 4 considering they were just 3 points away from the top 2 weeks ago.

Canagel

If Arsenal wins the NLD derby there's a proper race on . 3rd , 4th, 5th and 6th could be any order.