Top Four Race 2018/19

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Good result for us. But also worrying that Everton looked so good. Could have scored 2-3 more on another day.

Little digression here, but how are teams like Wolves & Everton are able to pass the ball much better than us? They passed the ball quickly & with much better precision on the counter. It's frustrating to this mid-table teams look better than us.

Still think top 3 will be City, Liverpool, Spurs. With 4th either going to Arsenal or us; Arsenal more likely.
Wolves are basically a team from the portugese league, the portugese league has produced technically good players for a long time. Everton, I don't know.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Arsenal definitely still favourites to finish fourth.
That is if you have faith that Arsenal don’t have real problems on the road and it is just a flukey streak. Still got to go to Wolves, Watford, Leicester and Burnley.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Good result for us. But also worrying that Everton looked so good. Could have scored 2-3 more on another day.Tough to see how we beat them away with the form we are in.

Little digression here, but how teams like Wolves & Everton are able to pass the ball much better than us? They passed the ball quickly & with much better precision on the counter. It's frustrating to see mid-table teams do simple things better than us.

Still think top 3 will be City, Liverpool, Spurs. With 4th either going to Arsenal or us; Arsenal more likely.
Everton have been shit for ages though, they've put together a good 3 game run now but let's not forget only a month ago people were massively questioning the hype around Silva

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Good result for us. But also worrying that Everton looked so good. Could have scored 2-3 more on another day.Tough to see how we beat them away with the form we are in.

Little digression here, but how teams like Wolves & Everton are able to pass the ball much better than us? They passed the ball quickly & with much better precision on the counter. It's frustrating to see mid-table teams do simple things better than us.

They are better coached. It's that simple.

Nuno is a better manager than OGS, and Silva, I dunno, but he's done better in the PL than OGS did previous to being handed the biggest job in the PL...

redshaw

It's on G

We can still do it. We just have to stop sauntering about like we missed our chance.

Our home fans really need to react to the situation as well. Lets give it everything.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It’s the hope that kills.

Arsenal still have to play Watford, Leicester and Wolves. All away from home.
And Burnley. They can be difficult on their day too. Don't think Arsenal will get top 4. It will be Spurs and then either Chelsea or United.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
That is if you have faith that Arsenal don’t have real problems on the road and it is just a flukey streak. Still got to go to Wolves, Watford, Leicester and Burnley.
Wouldn't put it past Palace to do something at the Emirates, they have after all drawn at OT, won at the Etihad and ran Liverpool close at Anfield this season (scoring 3 goals)

El Zoido

I still think we’ll fall short. Spurs will finish 3rd, probably Chelsea 4th.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Arsenal this season : 12 away games, 2 wins Remaining away games: 4 out of total 6.

Good luck with that.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
How?

Their away form is relegation battling standard..

I think they've only got 2 home games left.
Compared to us, Everton away, City and Chelsea at home is as tough as Watford, Leicester and Wolves away. They also have a 2 point advantage + goal difference over us.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Nuno is a better manager than OGS, and Silva, I dunno, but he's done better in the PL than OGS did previous to being handed the biggest job in the PL...
:lol:

It’s like it’s only possible to shit on our manager.

ErranMorad

Everton have been shit for ages though, they've put together a good 3 game run now but let's not forget only a month ago people were massively questioning the hype around Silva
You are probably right; I haven't been following them. Just that I saw the second half of the game today and they were superb. Wolves have looked peach everytime we have played them.

Let's not be too harsh on Ole, yet. He hasn't had time with our players like those two. Our slow build-ups and passing has been a theme under the previous two managers too, who can both claim to be world class in their own right.

PoTMS

I've got Spurs finishing third and Chelsea flukily sneaking into fourth.

AgentP

The Chelsea game will decide it for us I think. If we can't win that, there's no way we'll get top 4.

Sarni

You are probably right; I haven't been following them. Just that I saw the second half of the game today and they were superb. Wolves have looked peach everytime we have played them.

Let's not be too harsh on Ole, yet. He hasn't had time with our players like those two. Our slow build-ups and passing has been a theme under the previous two managers too, who can both claim to be world class in their own right.
Yeah, we have had our share of games where we passed well under Ole too but it’s hard to expect us to be consistently amazing on the ball when the team has been disjointed and generally not built this way for a good few years.

Also, Everton and Wolves don’t really consistently play better football than us either. People basically use their best games of season to make comparison against our worst games of season to draw some conclusions. It’s ridiculous.

But we have to shit on Ole and we have to hate him because he is destroying the club... our fan base has been abysmal since Fergie left, truly.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
My Prediction.

Arsenal - 70 points
Watford - Draw
Palace - Win
Wolves - Loss
Leicester - Loss
Brighton - Win
Burnley - Loss

Chelsea - 73 points
West Ham - Win
Liverpool - Loss
Burnley - Win
United - Loss
Watford - Win
Leicester - Draw

United - 74 points
West Ham - Win
Everton - Loss
City - Draw
Chelsea - Win
Huddersfield - Win
Cardiff - Win

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Well Everton have improved a lot in last 6 weeks. They have now played Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal in quick succession at home and not conceded a goal in any of them. They rarely conceded a serious chance today although Arsenal were very lacklustre.

So think that's a difficult away game for Man. United to negotiate, maybe not quite as tough as Wolves but could easily be a draw that one.

manUfan2005

the way it is going, goal difference could decide the 4th spot and we may need to win big at both Huddersfield (we play the day after arsenal and chelsea) and Cardiff

deadrevelz

They have had a lot longer with the players at the club and bought players they want. I suppose they are both better coaches than Mourinho and LVG too? Ferguson as well, since our passing and pressing weren't great under him either. :lol:

passing-wind

Got no confidence in the team or ole to secure top 4. It feels like Jose again, tumescent football players look half interested.

Everything's been upside down since the PSG win.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Looking at teams like Chelsea and Arsenal, it's frustrating that we're even competing with them.
We pretty much took the first half of the season off, so I'd imagine us to be comfortably in the top four next season Iregardless of what happens in these next few matches.

ErranMorad

Yeah, we have had our share of games where we passed well under Ole too but it’s hard to expect us to be consistently amazing on the ball when the team has been disjointed and generally not built this way for a good few years.

Also, Everton and Wolves don’t really consistently play better football than us either. People basically use their best games of season to make comparison against our worst games of season to draw some conclusions. It’s ridiculous.

But we have to shit on Ole and we have to hate him because he is destroying the club... our fan base has been abysmal since Fergie left, truly.
Let's not exaggerate. That's not what Rhyme Animal said.

I agree about the first para. We had a couple of good games too. However, off late we have gone off the boil and games have been a grind. Squad quality has a lot to do with it, imo. You cannot expect to play excellent football on a consistent basis when you have so many mediocre ball players in defense and midfield. De Gea, Smalling, Young (fecking Young!) Matic, Herrera - that's just too many to carry in an XI.

Litch

Hard to call as all the teams are dropping points. Big problem is you can't just look at one team's results, you are looking for a swing in the 3 others. Can't say anyone has an easier run in than another team but the 2 and 3 points difference between us and others might prove invaluable with so little games to go....

Guy Incognito

Why are Spurs certain for 3rd? They face City away in two weeks. It's going to the wire. Nobody is safe.
True but Arsenal have difficult away games and Spurs have home advantage. After City, Spurs only travel to Bournemouth. Leaving some home bankers.

Sarni

Let's not exaggerate. That's not what Rhyme Animal said.

I agree about the first para. We had a couple of good games too. However, off late we have gone off the boil and games have been a grind. Squad quality has a lot to do with it, imo. You cannot expect to play excellent football on a consistent basis when you have so many mediocre ball players in defense and midfield. De Gea, Smalling, Young (fecking Young!) Matic, Herrera - that's just too many to carry in an XI.
Well it sort of is. Blaming us not playing consistently better than Everton and Wolves do on their best nights on Ole and his bad coaching is totally unfair and makes zero sense.

We have few good passers in the team and the whole side has been drilled to play either slow paced passing game (Van Gaal era) or sit back (Mourinho era) so they aren’t all of a sudden going to be playing super fast passing game. It has nothing to do with current coaching.

Sarni

I'll be surprised if this is settled before the final day, bar maybe the team in sixth being out of it already.
Don’t all top 4 contenders have easy game on the last day though?

IrishRedDevil

I'll be surprised if this is settled before the final day, bar maybe the team in sixth being out of it already.
I was thinking that.

Final fixtures:

United home to Cardiff
Arsenal away to Burnley
Chelsea away to Leicester

If we can stay in the race to the final game, we have an advantage on paper.