Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_toad

Don't wanna spend that but which 2 could we buy for that and get change?
Diop and De Ligt would cost less than 150 million as a pair. There are numerous other options out there. Maybe not in the top 5 current best, but defenders where you can see they’ve got a very good chance of making a big step up. I’d rather the club upgraded our entire central defence, over signing 1 player and hoping that his partner will improve.

Kaglish10

No he isn't, Renato Sanches was 18 in his breakthrough season and when Bayern signed him, Joao Felix has been 19 for almost the entire season.

Not sure about the level of quality either, since Sanches also did it during the EC and won the title with Portugal.
Renato Sanches was all about pace and power, not Felix who doesn't even have power nor enormous pace to begin with. Renato's passing skill, ball control have always been average. Moreover, he was already signed by Bayern before his euro goal.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Never considered that City buying him for that amount might indicate that he is quite good?

I understand people form their own opinion, but do they ever question them? If Man Citys team of people decide that Maguire is worth that amount, you can be sure that they have watched him extensively for a few years and analyzed every part of his game to death.
I'm not a huge fan. I don't think he'd be great for City.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Schira is not especially reliable. Think this "story" has been planted by Koulibaly's agent or even by De Laurentiis himself in order to draw some interest

reddev3

Schira is not especially reliable. Think this "story" has been planted by Koulibaly's agent or even by De Laurentiis himself in order to draw some interest
How on earth is that done to draw some interest? in what world would another club go "oh they only want 150 million I didn't know that, I better get bidding". It's probably like 99% of everything we read in here and bull@£$t.

Not having a go as I read every tweet myself but unfortunately that's exactly why the majority of these are made up, it's entertainment.

prateik

That's basically their way of asking clubs to bid 110m euros .. Not happening.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
If Pep made a beeline for him after their recent game it would be the second time he's done that as he did it when they played them in the League Cup a couple of seasons ago. That said, in that documentary they did they highlighted Maguire being slow on the turn as a weakness in one of their team meetings, something to expose.
I think they would highlight the same about Laporte if they played against him.

That would be my biggest argument against Maguire at City; too similar too Laporte. Could do with someone more agile that is more complementary too him than Maguire. That being said, considering how they dominate games it probably would not be much of an issue.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Isn't Napoli's owner well known for leaking bullshit stories like this to drum up a market?

Last year it was that midfielder.
I have a feeling you're confusing the Napoli owner with the Lazio one. The midfielder was SMS.

Robertd0803

Yes, but why would they? They're swimming in money and they need a good relationship with (departing) players. Why go the dutch league otherwise?
Can a football club ever have too much money?

Its pretty cool and noble out of them in fairness but from a business and financial point of view its a bit unusual that they wouldnt aim to get as much for their prize asset as possible.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Can a football club ever have too much money?

Its pretty cool and noble out of them in fairness but from a business and financial point of view its a bit unusual that they wouldnt aim to get as much for their prize asset as possible.
To be fair I don't think they have much choice. Just because they can accept a higher off from England doesn't mean the player will agree to it. They aren't slaves. They get a say too. Ajax clearly know he's got his sights set on Barca so are just not bothering delaying the inevitable. Probably get some young Barca gems on loan as well.

United_We_Stand

"A senior United source told the MEN Bale should be filed low down on United's list as the club focuses on younger recruits in the current window. "

Robertd0803

To be fair I don't think they have much choice. Just because they can accept a higher off from England doesn't mean the player will agree to it. They aren't slaves. They get a say too. Ajax clearly know he's got his sights set on Barca so are just not bothering delaying the inevitable. Probably get some young Barca gems on loan as well.
Good point.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
"A senior United source told the MEN Bale should be filed low down on United's list as the club focuses on younger recruits in the current window. "
Good, it'd signal a change in attitude regarding our transfer strategy.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Criminal. That leaves us with 3 injury-prone CBs and Van Dijk. If the latter is out for one reason or another, the prospect of Matip-Lovren or Matip-Gomez doesn't really fill me with confidence.

United_We_Stand

Kearnkoff69

This was the only piece of interest to me:

United last week enquired about a young international winger who was generating interest from another Premier League top six side but the player has decided to move to a club that will compete in the Champions League next season.
I wonder which player that was.

MadMike

Rob Dawson: "Manchester United have not given up hope of extending Juan Mata's stay at Old Trafford, sources have told ESPN FC....
Sources have told ESPN FC that United are nearing an agreement for Swansea winger Daniel James, who has also been courted by Everton and Newcastle and is likely to cost around £15 million...."
http://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-t...urces-united-still-hoping-to-extend-mata-stay
And we haven’t given up hope that he won’t.

Giggsyking

Manchester City have had £1.3billion injected into the club by Sheikh Mansour of Abu Dhabi since 2008 mufc have had more than £1billion withdrawn from the club since 2005, when the Glazers took over

2.3 billion difference.

Kearnkoff69

Castles said we enquired about Pepe last week...
Good call - I had forgotten about that Castles article. So no Pepe and no Sancho this summer. Our wing options are looking mighty uncertain at this point. I wonder if we will push on and sign someone anyway just to add a warm body, or if there is a point where we will shift strategy to give Chong more time at RW and perhaps find an older veteran to provide a steady head and mentorship. Hopefully our scouts have a long list of viable wing options.

Classical Mechanic

I think they would highlight the same about Laporte if they played against him.

That would be my biggest argument against Maguire at City; too similar too Laporte. Could do with someone more agile that is more complementary too him than Maguire. That being said, considering how they dominate games it probably would not be much of an issue.
That's what I was thinking. A Laporte - Maguire pairing would be really cumbersome.

Status
Not open for further replies.