Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotherham_red

Good call - I had forgotten about that Castles article. So no Pepe and no Sancho this summer. Our wing options are looking mighty uncertain at this point. I wonder if we will push on and sign someone anyway just to add a warm body, or if there is a point where we will shift strategy to give Chong more time at RW and perhaps find an older veteran to provide a steady head and mentorship. Hopefully our scouts have a long list of viable wing options.
Personally, I'd rather we kept our powder dry and gave Chong a shot next season. Adding a body for the sake of it is why we're in the mess we are in.

Infra-red

Good call - I had forgotten about that Castles article. So no Pepe and no Sancho this summer. Our wing options are looking mighty uncertain at this point. I wonder if we will push on and sign someone anyway just to add a warm body, or if there is a point where we will shift strategy to give Chong more time at RW and perhaps find an older veteran to provide a steady head and mentorship. Hopefully our scouts have a long list of viable wing options.
Which is presumably why we are signing James and now trying to extend Mata.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
People that think we can just sign anyone cause our name is Manchester United are in for a shock.

Kearnkoff69

Which is presumably why we are signing James and now trying to extend Mata.
I agree with that assessment. Although James and Mata are not awful, it is not exactly the most promising start to the window in terms of addressing the biggest holes in our roster.

Moiraine

Manchester City have had £1.3billion injected into the club by Sheikh Mansour of Abu Dhabi since 2008 mufc have had more than £1billion withdrawn from the club since 2005, when the Glazers took over

2.3 billion difference.
Lets talk about Spending and then Net Spending.

ArjenIsM3

I agree with that assessment. Although James and Mata are not awful, it is not exactly the most promising start to the window in terms of addressing the biggest holes in our roster.
Me too. Though I wonder if the club can do better without messing up our wage structure some more. Can't think of many available RWs who I'd really like to see at the club apart from Sancho and Pepe so if they don't want to come then who? Getting in a talented youngster in James is better dan doing nothing tbh though you're right it's not exactly a promising start.

pacifictheme

Who thinks that? Pretty sure people think we can sign players because a) we have money and b) because we’re a huge club.
Yeah thats what the other bloke meant really. Amazingly the big club thing is wearing thin and not everyone goes where the most money is when you can earn a bit less and play in a good team who win things.

Plus i doubt the club will want to be burnt like they have been with sanchez.

romufc

We are linked with everyone again.. but it seems worse this time round.

I am fed up with the transfer rumours already and we are less than a week into it.

Why can't we get our transfer activity done asap? Surely, ole and Ed Woodward knew what we need, players would have been identified well in advance of the season closing?

I think we are waiting for everyone else to conclude their transfers and then wait around to see who is available to join us? this is getting so frustrating.

NoMidfielders

We are linked with everyone again.. but it seems worse this time round.

I am fed up with the transfer rumours already and we are less than a week into it.

Why can't we get our transfer activity done asap? Surely, ole and Ed Woodward knew what we need, players would have been identified well in advance of the season closing?

I think we are waiting for everyone else to conclude their transfers and then wait around to see who is available to join us? this is getting so frustrating.
The international window isn't even open yet and most players are either still playing or have gone on holiday. It'll probably be another couple of weeks before any business gets done so spare yourself the pain and don't read rumour tweets til then.

OleGunnar20

Don't wanna spend that but which 2 could we buy for that and get change?
Manolas (~30m), Alderweireld (25m), Pellegrini (~30m), Suso (~30m).

Not to say they'd all choose us mind you, but those are all widely reported release clauses with change left over, and you've plugged 3/4 of our first team gaps.

You could even throw Brandt in there for an extra 10m on this supposed Koulibaly asking price. The world truly has gone mad.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Criminal. That leaves us with 3 injury-prone CBs and Van Dijk. If the latter is out for one reason or another, the prospect of Matip-Lovren or Matip-Gomez doesn't really fill me with confidence.
You've already got VVD. Stop being greedy.

He'll still end up Barca. They are just playing the game.

Devil may care

Rob Dawson: "Manchester United have not given up hope of extending Juan Mata's stay at Old Trafford, sources have told ESPN FC....
Sources have told ESPN FC that United are nearing an agreement for Swansea winger Daniel James, who has also been courted by Everton and Newcastle and is likely to cost around £15 million...."
http://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-t...urces-united-still-hoping-to-extend-mata-stay
If the Mata thing is true I hope it means we are comitting to the diamond as Mata is pointless in 4-3-3.

MrPooni

Manchester City have had £1.3billion injected into the club by Sheikh Mansour of Abu Dhabi since 2008 mufc have had more than £1billion withdrawn from the club since 2005, when the Glazers took over

2.3 billion difference.
We're spending more on wages, agent fees, managerial payoffs and transfer fees than at any other point in our history and people are still carting this cooked up bollocks out? Spending money isn't our problem, it's what we're spending it on on that's fecking us over and as things stand that has nowt to do with City. We've been the masters of our own destruction largely through shitty recruitment and questionable decision making so if you want to criticise the Glazers for anything, it's probably best to start at how much stock they put into their appointees. From giving Moyes a 5 year contract to letting Woody run wild with his Walt Disney presents 'Diet Galacticos' fantasies, the past half a decade or so has been a complete and utter shit show on every other level bar how much money we're spending.

Patrick08

If the Mata thing is true I hope it means we are comitting to the diamond as Mata is pointless in 4-3-3.
No, its the policy of continuing with what ever you have on minimum wages. I am shocked we let Herrera go and not mata who's wages could have been used to fund Herrera. Mata puts nothing on the table now expect a body, the attitude of the board is completely ambitionless.

haram

No, its the policy of continuing with what ever you have on minimum wages. I am shocked we let Herrera go and not mata who's wages could have been used to fund Herrera. Mata puts nothing on the table now expect a body, the attitude of the board is completely ambitionless.
Herrera was apparently asking for near 300k I think? We cant keep making the same mistakes. Mata will probably be on half, maybe even less than that.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Should just put a sign at the front of Old Trafford saying 'CLOSED' going by the sentiment. Sign everyone, don't sign anyone, not good enough, too good to be here, silly season. Seems to be a permanent affliction for some.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Should just put a sign at the front of Old Trafford saying 'CLOSED' going by the sentiment. Sign everyone, don't sign anyone, not good enough, too good to be here, silly season. Seems to be a permanent affliction for some.
You know there's another 2-3 months of this..... and it'll get worse?

If bothered now, you might want to put this thread on ignore :)

Giggsyking

We're spending more on wages, agent fees, managerial payoffs and transfer fees than at any other point in our history and people are still carting this cooked up bollocks out? Spending money isn't our problem, it's what we're spending it on on that's fecking us over and as things stand that has nowt to do with City. We've been the masters of our own destruction largely through shitty recruitment and questionable decision making so if you want to criticise the Glazers for anything, it's probably best to start at how much stock they put into their appointees. From giving Moyes a 5 year contract to letting Woody run wild with his Walt Disney presents 'Diet Galacticos' fantasies, the past half a decade or so has been a complete and utter shit show on every other level bar how much money we're spending.
So this 2.3 billion deference has no effect. When they sign Aguero and David Silva and co and we sign Valencia and Owen to cover for the loss of C. Ronaldo?

MrPooni

So this 2.3 billion deference has no effect. When they sign Aguero and David Silva and co and we sign Valencia and Owen to cover for the loss of C. Ronaldo?
Clearly not since we were still comfortably winning leagues and making Champions League finals.

Kapardin

Despite not being convinced by Ole, I am glad atleast our transfer approach is changing under him. We are no longer desperate for Bale, Willian and other targets who would likely turn out to be expensive and underwhelming for different reasons.

It is quite possible the likes of Daniel James (if we sign him), might be a flop as well, but atleast we are trying out something new. If it works, we might have turned a corner despite having Woodward calling the shots.

Robertd0803

Have to say I love the Diet Galacticos phrase.

Devil may care

Surely though we are paying Mata 150K a week, so wouldn't it be cheaper to pay the £25M for a player like Ziyech or Brandt and pay them half the wages?

Patrick08

Herrera was apparently asking for near 300k I think? We cant keep making the same mistakes. Mata will probably be on half, maybe even less than that.
One was a functional player and one is useless. Also I don't believe in media rumours on wages, he would be earning a lot less than that at psg.

Last edited:

Patrick08

Surely though we are paying Mata 150K a week, so wouldn't it be cheaper to pay the £25M for a player like Ziyech or Brandt and pay them half the wages?
James Rodriguez on loan, there are so many options we just don't have the ambition to explore.

Kearnkoff69

I know I should not be, but I am consistently amazed at the constant churn of players at City. That article is talking about adding five players to the side that won back to back titles, the treble this year, and reached the CL semis. At RB, for example, only 2 years after spending nearly 50 million on Walker, they are already looking for an upgrade on him. Not passing judgment here, just blown away by how much the game has changed. 10 years ago, even the big-spending Madrid galacticos would not be so active in the transfer market coming off such a successful couple of seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.