Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I take it the policy we had back in SAF's days of only offering 30+ players one year rolling deals has gone out the window then?

ForestRGoinUp

Mata’s Blogging on the way to relegation will eerily resemble the band taking up their instruments on the deck of the Titanic as it went down.

United_We_Stand

Both David McDonnell and AS reported yesterday that Mata will sign a one-year deal
...with Mata likely to pen a one-year extension to prolong his spell at United.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-brink-agreeing-new-16530267
The Spanish international, whose deal was set to expire on June 30, has decided to extend his relationship with the Old Trafford outfit for one more season.
https://en.as.com/en/2019/06/17/football/1560808654_242692.html

passing-wind

I tell you what this thread is almost pointless, not because of the page itself but british sources / journalist have no idea what they are talking about.

Every week we are being linked with some new player, before the season ended who would have thought Diop / James / Logstaff were players we would target, not one credible sources was able to apprehend that information beforehand. It seems that once we bid and it's accepted / rejected the British journalist then give their two scents.

They don't have a clue and this is their profession don't trust none of them, even Simon Stone irrespective of the BBC I distrust.

GwilDor

Regarding Mata contract. What if he signes a 3-year deal with a wage reduction plan. Say 100k/week first year, 75k second year, 60k third year option? Or that it is more incentive based with lower fixed wage but more bonuses? Lets not assume the worst even though its Woody...

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea

Good planning.
Things normal football clubs do: extend the contract of your £50m rightback who is arguably the best in the league at his position while simultaneously spending another £50m on a player in that exact position.

:rolleyes:

VanGaalyTime

Regarding Mata contract. What if he signes a 3-year deal with a wage reduction plan. Say 100k/week first year, 75k second year, 60k third year option? Or that it is more incentive based with lower fixed wage but more bonuses? Lets not assume the worst even though its Woody...
He's getting 5 million a year for three years according to the "article". Wouldn't take anything as gospel but it's worrying we're giving a player we don't need a three-year deal.

GwilDor

He's getting 5 million a year for three years according to the "article". Wouldn't take anything as gospel but it's worrying we're giving a player we don't need a three-year deal.
Yeah, didn’t read the article. But it does sound way outside our strategy of renewals, so i’d be surprised if that is true.

Kearnkoff69

If this is our strategy, why would we tell him?
We'd have no reason to, which is why that tweet reeks of yet another attempt to rile people up about nothing. Luckhurst probably assumed that most fans would not think about it before reacting, and based on my perusal of the Caf this morning I'd say he assumed correctly.

Fracture90

That he won't flop, that he won't have the same trajectory as Fred. nobody knows and nobody can know.
Because I've seen him play a lot, he's proven in one of the best leagues in the world, he's got all the tools to perform in City's system and he's still very young with potential to improve further.

Lee565

The way they run their club is absolutely night and day compared with our lot. Ruthlessness and forward planning from top to bottom whilst we award mediocrity with new contracts :rolleyes:
Sad stuff when Man City are even willing to move Danilo who walk into our right back position so quickly on and yet our club is giving contract extensions to Ashley Young and Phil Jones.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Think our first choice option hasn't made up his mind (my guess is Rabiot) . Once he decides we will calls on other targets like Ndombele or Le Colso or anyone else. As long as other clubs dont make a move, think we are just playing the wait game. Which makes sense to me.

Rumored players - Tielemans, Longstaff, Ndombele, Le Colso etc.

No other club has actually made any progress with these players anyway.

So, calm the feck down guys !

Lee565

This wouldn't bother me if I thought that we would use him in his correct position centrally for the forseeable future as just a back up option but he will be plugging that gap on the right wing when we go into yet another season of ignoring the right wing position.

Member 90887

Because I've seen him play a lot, he's proven in one of the best leagues in the world, he's got all the tools to perform in City's system and he's still very young with potential to improve further.
So were a lot of players before him and then went on to fail. There's absolutely no way for you or anyway to know if a player is gonna succeed or not. A lot of people saw Fred play before and would have been adamant that he would succeed.

All i'm saying is, it's not a stick to beat the board with. The same Fred you're shitting on was wanted a lot by one of the best managers in the world in Pep.

Anyway, let's judge the board at the end of the transfer window. No need to be negative after each tweet posted in here.

ForestRGoinUp

Think our first choice option hasn't made up his mind (my guess is Rabiot) . Once he decides we will calls on other targets like Ndombele or Le Colso or anyone else. As long as other clubs dont make a move, think we are just playing the wait game. Which makes sense to me.

Rumored players - Tielemans, Longstaff, Ndombele, Le Colso etc.

No other club has actually made any progress with these players anyway.

So, calm the feck down guys !
Good strategy to just sit back and wait? Haha. I think it’s borderline mental that we haven’t signed even one midfielder yet considering Fellaini and Herrera are out and Pogba is likely on his way out.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
They are absolutely one of the best run footballing operations. Player recruitment, manager recruitment, wage structure...aces. If you're annoyed because football regulalators are lax in their enforcement of the weak financial rules...boo hoo. You're lost wallowing in things that make you feel better like they're a plastic club with no fans. They actually have highly competent people at the club.
Ok, they are a very slickly run enterprise. But their entire revenue base is illegal. So they are well run like, for example, the Tony Soprano New Jersey outfit.

I’m under no illusions what a shit show United has become but don’t put those gangsters up on a pedestal as a model to be followed.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Good strategy to just sit back and wait? Haha. I think it’s borderline mental that we haven’t signed even one midfielder yet considering Fellaini and Herrera are out and Pogba is likely on his way out.
Say, our first choice is Rabiot and he has requested time until certain date to make a decision. What do you do ? You wait while keeping tabs on alternatives. If someone is making a move on our alternate options, you also get involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.