Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbers

3 fecking years extension for Mata, what the feck is that about?

When we write up these contracts do we really ask ourselves "do we want a 34 year old Juan Mata here when the 31 year old version is offering nothing?", "what position in the table if we're playing a 31 year old Phil Jones every week?"

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
So this is Manchester United promoting youth is it? Sell a great prospect for peanuts and then splurge tens of millions on someone else. Let him have a years loan and if he does well bring him back.
Relax. Was only last month that Butt and Ole were raving about him

Butt: “Axel is a very talented boy, who I do believe is going to have a good career at Manchester United. There is no point sitting around not playing football and he’s gone to Aston Villa, who are a big, big club.

Ole: “Hopefully, now Axel can get to the play-off final and play well. Obviously, he’s had a couple of injuries, but he’s a boy I can’t wait to see in pre-season for us.”

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
8m is paltry. I'd much rather we kept him and offloaded Jones or Rojo.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
"This club can do things other's can only dream of"

"United in record breaking income"

"We are loaded"

What do you expect?
Its frustrating though, the impression is that we can only get folk to play for us because we are sitting on a mountain of cash. Offering Pogba £500,000 a week when he's publicly stated he wants a new challenge? It's pathetic, I want players who'll actually play for the shirt rather than a paycheck. I'm just fed up of it. It screams desperation.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Relax. Was only last month that Butt and Ole were raving about him

Butt: “Axel is a very talented boy, who I do believe is going to have a good career at Manchester United. There is no point sitting around not playing football and he’s gone to Aston Villa, who are a big, big club.

Ole: “Hopefully, now Axel can get to the play-off final and play well. Obviously, he’s had a couple of injuries, but he’s a boy I can’t wait to see in pre-season for us.”
Good. We cannot lose the good kids we do manage to produce.

Marcelinho87

Its frustrating though, the impression is that we can only get folk to play for us because we are sitting on a mountain of cash. Offering Pogba £500,000 a week when he's publicly stated he wants a new challenge? It's pathetic, I want players who'll actually play for the shirt rather than a paycheck. I'm just fed up of it. It screams desperation.
The only standard of player that wants to do this now are the likes of Young, Jones etc and they are already here in their droves.

It's a difficult frustrating period and it is only going to get worse methinks.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
United need to stop playing good samaritan for every other club and finally start looking over their own growing group of frustrated supporters, because there's a strong justification for current discontent.

I would actually be pissed off if we move Axel out of the club while continuing to play Jones,Smalling and Rojo.
I'm confident Axel will be in Ole's plans for next season though.:nervous:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’d sell Axel with a buy-back clause, and he’d be wise to push for that too. Let him play regular PL football rather than come and be added to the rotation here.

I also suspect he is slightly overrated like most youth prospects on here. He looks good, but not necessarily nailed on to become top-class to me. Sale with a good buy back is best for all parties. Never for £8m though. Add a ‘1’ in front of the 8 and we’re closer.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'll lose my shit if we sell Tuanzebe. Toys thrown out the window.
If we sell him at all I'll be furious. If we practically give him away though (which those prices would be) then Woodward has got to disappear for good.

cloyton

Really starting to feel depressed with this window. You just know that in November when we hit our yearly injury crises we will end up with Young and the chuckle brothers starting again... ahh this club is really starting to grind me down :/

Status
Not open for further replies.