Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateik

Mentioned Tuanzebe and 20 mins later there is a tweet about him.. the article stub was created 3 mins after the post and was updated when the tweet went out.

Stop lurking :lol:
Took him 20 mins to make that shit up.

stepic

We're gonna get slammed for this but to be honest I rate him a lot closer to £40m than £80m too.
is Bissaka is worth £50m+ after one good season, Maguire is surely worth closer to £80m in the current market, especially for the more important position. something like £70m would probably work.

Teja

It looks like just haggling at this point and we'll get AWB. Happy with anything around 50-60m. IMO the remaining transfers this season are:

CB: De Ligt (Probably going to PSG), Koulibaly (Nothing concrete yet), Maguire (Overpriced), Diop (Likely, can get it done with some transfer haggling). Definitely not ideal that we're signing our fourth choice CB when it's the biggest problem area within the squad.

RW: Sancho (not happening this year), Danny James. Looks like we're content with Rashford / Martial on the wings for this season. Not ideal, but not terrible either.

CM: Fernandes (heavily linked, probably will happen, but won't be an #8), Rabiot (Going to Juve), no other links AFAIK. Very concerning that we're going into the season with McTominay, Matic, Fred, Pogba and Fernandes.

CF: If Lukaku leaves, we need a WC striker. Not many of those floating about and AFAIK no concrete Utd links. I'm guessing we'll keep Lukaku this season, steady the ship a bit, and sell next season.

Overall, looks pretty depressing but we should still compete for fourth esp. considering Chelsea lost Hazard. I'd predict we start the season with:

-------------- De Gea --------------
-- AWB - Lindelof - New CB -- Shaw
--------------- Matic --------------
-------- Pogba --- Fernandes ------
-Rashford ---------------- Martial--
-------------- Lukaku / New CF -----

United_We_Stand

"I don't think he wants to go out on loan. He's got a lovely life and home in Spain. I think it would take something exceptional for him to leave and loans are not on the menu.
Asked about Bale moving to United, Barnett added: "He could fit in there. I think he could do very well - he is still one of the best players in the world. But it is very unlikely."
https://www.skysports.com/football/...al-madrid-on-loan-says-agent-jonathan-barnett

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I’d sell Axel with a buy-back clause, and he’d be wise to push for that too. Let him play regular PL football rather than come and be added to the rotation here.

I also suspect he is slightly overrated like most youth prospects on here. He looks good, but not necessarily nailed on to become top-class to me. Sale with a good buy back is best for all parties. Never for £8m though. Add a ‘1’ in front of the 8 and we’re closer.
My thoughts too. Maybe a loan and villa can pay €8m to have first refusal if we decide to sell

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
That's it, I think I need a little break from this thread.

Chairman Steve

Is Mata being kept on to keep DDG happy? It really wouldn’t surprise me especially since Emiliano Alvarez was allegedly brought in as goalkeeper coach for DDG to sign his most recent contract to keep him happy.

Fooza

Everyday I check this thread to see how it's going and it's only getting worse :lol:

Dread to think what tomorrow, next week and next month may bring

hobbers

Sell Tuanzebe for ~£10m, a player who frankly every United fan on planet earth would rather have in the playing squad than Jones or Bailly...

Sign the likes of AWB and Diop for >£50m each, who are both at the same level of development as Tuanzebe. Sign an overhyped schmuk like Maguire for >£75m.

fecking sigh. I've never had such a strong sense of slow moving car crash, even when we were rolling through the first Moyes summer. At least then we had some good quality targets even if we knew the deals wouldn't happen.

Mickytrickster

Supports
Liverpool
United need to overhaul. Mata should be released.

Rebuilding really needs to start now.

Weird summer so far I've witnessed at United.

pascell

Wouldn’t it be smarter to try and integrate him to the squad first?

What’s the point of the academy then? Just to sell them with buy back clauses we’ll never activate?
There’s really no point to that, it’s a waste of everybody’s time.
It would be smarter, that's what I hope we do. We'll be playing Thursday and Sunday most weeks, there's plenty of games for Axel to play here next season.

Classical Mechanic

Sign the likes of AWB and Diop for >£50m each, who are both at the same level of development as Tuanzebe. Sign an overhyped schmuk like Maguire for >£75m.
This just isn't true though is it?

Both those players have impressed in the PL for a full season whereas Axel has a handful of appearances.

Wan-Bissaka won more tackles and interceptions combined than any other player in Europe's top 5 leagues last season.

Acquire Me

Sell Tuanzebe for ~£10m, a player who frankly every United fan on planet earth would rather have in the playing squad than Jones or Bailly...

fecking sigh. I've never had such a strong sense of slow moving car crash, even when we were rolling through the first Moyes summer. At least then we had some good quality targets even if we knew the deals wouldn't happen.
Just to break it to you mate; nothing has happened yet. It’s just journalists and tweets. Why go full mental now?

Marcelinho87

Meltdown tackle this...

Tuanzebe same level as AWB and Diop :lol:

Sanche7

Wow, this is going to be some transfer window. DDG, Herrera, Lukaku, Pogba - all of them could leave this summer and that's on top of us needing at least a CB, RW, RB and CM before the window opened. I don't think we will be able to find suitable replacements for our 4 senior players in time.

To make things worse, we are bidding so low for the players we want, that by the time we reach an agreement, it will be the next window. I mean, who on earth thought it was a good idea to bid 25 million for AWB and 40 for Maguire? 35+15 should have been our first bid for AWB, similarly 50 mill plus bonuses for Maguire. There is no point bidding these ridiculously low amounts when we have so much business to do. The only thing it will do is piss off the selling club.

Also, 3 year contract for Mata is just bonkers. Our contract negotiation team deserve some kind of bonus. They let Herrera's contract run down but have new contracts to Rojo, Young, Jones, Fellaini and now Mata. If we mess this window up, it will take us a long time to get back to the top.

hobbers

This just isn't true though is it?

Both those players have impressed in the PL for a full season whereas Axel has a handful of appearances.
Sure but Axel is just a few months of regular Prem football at a club like Villa from having the same CV as those two in regards to experience.

Not saying he would necessary impress as those two have, but the point is this drive to invest in young players should start when they're at Axel's stage not when they've already been unearthed. No club on planet earth can afford to stack their team with young Premier League talents who have already emerged, especially English ones. It's even less financially viable than signing average foreign players like Rojo and Blind alongside superstar names.

Status
Not open for further replies.