Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceboyRSA

Jeez you guys need to put your handbags down and hug it out. Quite silly.

And it never ends well insulting a mod, whether you agree with them or not.

Anustart89

How you became a mod.
I wonder how many bans Fridge Chutney has contributed to during this summer window :lol:

I say that if the mods are split, let's have a referendum. Let's call it the League 2 and below exit from the transfer tweets thread referendum, or Lexit for short.

What could possibly go wrong?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
@golden_blunder can we keep it on topic please? You should know better.

DON’T:
  • post offtopic comments in the thread. Keep the thread small and simple rather wasting pages on discussion about the quality of the player
:lol:

EDIT - I see you’ve addressed this. This is why you’re my favourite mod. feck the haterz

Nick7

Feck me you children need to grow up. It takes a second to scroll past tweets you don't care about. I don't give a shit Gueye is signing for PSG, but that tweet is fine? Well yeah it is fine., but I can scroll right past it.

Hawks2008

But...but...but... Fridge is allowed to post contract extensions :(

Sorry mate here is a transfer tweet for you

Maxime Dupé joins Clermont Foot 63 on loan from Nantes.
Interesting move, fills an important need for them.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

Funky Futurista

Doesn't seem to be any interesting news about United what so ever, it's all just smoke and (the) mirror.

Hope we sign Maguire at least. Wouldn't be overly happy about this window, but content.

fergosaurus

The League One and Two transfer window closes on 2nd Sept. Let's see if Fridge is still posting as often when our window is closed and nobody cares about this thread.

cyberman

Nah Fridge has balls of steel. Hasn’t seemed bothered by people moaning about him for the last month or so and rightly so. Really not an issue to scroll through it.
Literally wasting his own time and others.

Jack-C20

Literally wasting his own time and others.
I’m not going to get into an argument about it but unfortunately some people do follow football outside of the premier league. I personally don’t go much further down than the championship but each to their own.

Reactions: langster

stevoc

Can’t believe people indulge these attention seekers with their shit tweets. That obnoxiously annoying Fridge chap even had a thread made about him in the general, I see. Pathetic stuff and has really ruined this thread.
Threads. I think there was about 3 at one point. Having threads about you only encourages attention seekers like that though.

Last edited:

welshwingwizard

What you actually need are 2 threads.

One for official announcements (often from clubs themselves) about a signing. This would cover Fridge's type of posts and ones from the third tier of the french league in French which many can't understand.

Then you have one to discuss the twitter transfer rumours which I thought this was meant to be and what the majority of posters enjoyed.

I get you can scroll through but the two things are fundamently different in what people want this to he hence the arguments.

stevoc

I’m not going to get into an argument about it but unfortunately some people do follow football outside of the premier league. I personally don’t go much further down than the championship but each to their own.
Yeah some people do no doubt, some people also follow the Ghana Premier League but thats not allowed for obvious reasons. This thread has been a farce all summer.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Do you ever think people just like a good moan?

Chutney's doing us all a big favour expanding our understanding of the little leagues. I see him as not just a hero, but a man of honour and conviction: a rarity in today's world.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The modmins have clarified the rules of this thread about a thousand times. It's time for people moaning about it to be threadbanned.

WensleyMU

I for one would much rather read transfer tweets of any kind than read another whiny post from some 12 year old weird kid about how big a joke we are because we've not.been linked with any player who's moved to any club...

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

One for official announcements (often from clubs themselves) about a signing. This would cover Fridge's type of posts and ones from the third tier of the french league in French which many can't understand.

Then you have one to discuss the twitter transfer rumours which I thought this was meant to be and what the majority of posters enjoyed.

I get you can scroll through but the two things are fundamently different in what people want this to he hence the arguments.
If people want to see only the tweets they can click on the tweets via the top menu bar. They won’t see discussion

This thread is allowed limited discussion. If there’s tweets about players united are after then there is normally a seperate thread created for discussion. Likewise if someone doesn’t like the way zidane is operating in the transfer market they can always discuss it in the football forum

We will discuss it before the next window and make it much clearer what the system is

SATA

I do not like reading obscure tweets as well, but just scroll them down if you don’t like it like what i do instead of moaning for goodness sake especially when you know the mods are going to do nothing about it

andersj

Nick Powell Expert

Sorry for the off topic-post, but I think I agree. Not sure your solution is the right one, but there do appear to be demand for some sort of change.

RedCafe is very «push-supply driven»
with quite strict rules. I’ve been a bit annoyed by this, but it has obviously worked very well, as RedCafe is among the best football forums there is. Kudos to the moderator for that. The challenge is that to attract and keep members the rule needs to be aligned with the demand of the potential users. That will always be difficult since peoples opinion and preferences differs. All the debate this summer might indicate a need for an update or change relating to the twitter transfer thread.

I dont know what would be the best solution. In an ideal world, maybe you would have to tag the league related to the tweet before posting? Then each user could tag what tweets were of interest and only these would show up in the thread. But sounds technically difficult.

welshwingwizard

If people want to see only the tweets they can click on the tweets via the top menu bar. They won’t see discussion

This thread is allowed limited discussion. If there’s tweets about players united are after then there is normally a seperate thread created for discussion. Likewise if someone doesn’t like the way zidane is operating in the transfer market they can always discuss it in the football forum

We will discuss it before the next window and make it much clearer what the system is
The tweets only bit has become dual use too though. I used to use it to check for rumours but now its mainly official announcements especially lower league ones. You still have a need for two separate areas because what people are looking for.

Just an idea though. And I appreciate you trying to get on top of things this morning and the time you guys put in in general.

48 hours

Suning, the electrical retailer who have owned the club since late 2015, are also majority shareholders in Serie A giants Inter Milan and the prospect remains that Bale could move to the 18-time Italian champions on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.