Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Fridge chutney's posts are relevant though because they are from English tiers so for a lot of posters it could be about their hometown club or players that came through their clubs academies. And a lot of people myself included are interested in the English pyramid as a whole not just the Prem.

What is actually needed was to immediately stamp out the 2/3 posters who took it upon themselves to act like immature children who went from one minute complaining about "Fridge shouldn't be allowed post that it's annoying" to then once his tweets were okay'd went to "well if he's allowed post them i'm going to post these". That was pathetic.
No they aren't. PL and Championship is enough. Maybe add Salford and thats it from England. Add to that major 7-8 European leagues (big 5+ teams from Liga NOS, Erediviie, Russian and Turkish leagues that are regulars in CL) and transfers involving any ex Utd player (youth or otherwise) to any league

OohAahMartial

Is this the transfer tweet thread, or the Samaritans hotline for the suicidally depressed?
Now if only they’d turn their attention to Sanchez
Ed should sort that out like a flash, that would be awesome and funny.

Guess Pogba has to stay another season then, good job Ole didn't alienate him like Zidane did with Bale, eh?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I guess saving 600 grand a week, 29 million a year isn't enough?
Honestly, if Zidane really can't work with him then fine, we should let him go. But otherwise, especially with asensio out for the season, it makes sense to keep him

UnitedObsession99

I'm in complete agreement with you, let's hope we pull our finger out and get 2-3 players in by the end of window. Although, at the moment I have very little faith in Woodward.[/QUOTE]
Now if only they’d turn their attention to Sanchez
Yes please, Bale off, Sanchez on!

RobbieBerns

I just don’t see Pogba moving this window, i’ve never been able to picture it. Next summer he’ll still have two years left on his deal, there was never any way he’d leave this summer unless it was for Neymar money.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
No they aren't. PL and Championship is enough. Maybe add Salford and thats it from England. Add to that major 7-8 European leagues (big 5+ teams from Liga NOS, Erediviie, Russian and Turkish leagues that are regulars in CL) and transfers involving any ex Utd player (youth or otherwise) to any league
That's a silly amount of criteria rules. There is no point having rules to circumvent headaches when the rules being enforced, or attempted to, will cause even more headaches.

You can't just pluck Salford and ex United players, even most United fans on here I would assume classify themselves as football fans not just being totally United centric.

5 tiers of England and any club or player deemed relevant outside of that. It only needs common sense, it's blatantly obvious when someone is taking the piss on the regular.

Anustart89

5 tiers of England and any club or player deemed relevant outside of that. It only needs common sense, it's blatantly obvious when someone is taking the piss on the regular.
Fridge has been doing exactly that and kept posting about Forest Green etc despite knowing that it pisses people off.

Champagne Football

The fact that Bale refuses to go out on loan has really screwed up Madrid. I'd say they'd be happy to pay 3/4's of his salary if they could ship him off on loan to somewhere like Bayern for a season. Bale holds all the aces. Surprised Beckham hasn't convinced him to play in Miami for a year.

NJM78

10 1/2 days to go and no hint of a signing by any credible sources.

It sucks hobo balls.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
While we're on the subject of banning and moaning, can we ban all aggregators finally? utdreport are particularly garbage yet they seem to be posted on every cocking page.
Agreed.
But if they quote their source what is the problem? They post any and all United related stuff, it's people that need to check the source is correct and also not banned before posting them.
They embellish stuff and have been known to in the past. If they posted a link to the original article as well, there wouldn't be a problem. Posting the tweet with no link to the original isn't acceptable and has been said in the OP for years.

They don't even check stuff before posting. I've noted on quite a few occasions over the past few weeks they've took a tweet the caf account has posted and quoted it verbatim minutes later when I've altered a few words from the original interview to fit it in the character limit.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That's a silly amount of criteria rules. There is no point having rules to circumvent headaches when the rules being enforced, or attempted to, will cause even more headaches.

You can't just pluck Salford and ex United players, even most United fans on here I would assume classify themselves as football fans not just being totally United centric.

Its a United forum! Having Salford and ex-United players makes sense only because of that. I don't give a feck who Cambridge United or Plymouth Argyle sign

Andre The Giant

New contract incoming
To be honest, I feel the idea idea of "earning ones due" has disappeared in our world...

I am not saying this because of that Pogba article(which is easy to make), but the general feeling of people being entitled in this day and age. For example: Sanchez has performed poorly for us, but he still kinda earned that contract with his Arsenal performances, imho.

Last edited:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Agreed.

They embellish stuff and have been known to in the past. If they posted a link to the original article as well, there wouldn't be a problem. Posting the tweet with no link to the original isn't acceptable and has been said in the OP for years.

They don't even check stuff before posting. I've noted on quite a few occasions over the past few weeks they've took a tweet the caf account has posted and quoted it verbatim minutes later when I've altered a few words from the original interview to fit it in the character limit.
Yeah I agree, that's why I said it's on the poster to check that it is legit before posting them here.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Agreed. But then let's make a different thread for lower league transfers rather. Apart from a handful of posters, no one cares about these transfers
Why does it bother you so much? If everyone wasn't constantly complaining about it, you'd be able to scroll past it in less than a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.