Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
We’ve been talking for about 2 weeks now, how long does it take?
How long is a piece of string?

We do not know what is going on behind the scenes. For example: If James has already agreed to join us in principle, then it doesn't really matter if it takes another week or so to finalise, I would assume it is just a part of standard business negotiations.

It could be a simple case of us negotiating various financial clauses in his contract. There's no rush to get the signing over the line really especially if as I say, we know that he wants to join us. Doesn't make sense to overpay, and Swansea will obviously be trying to get the best deal for themselves too.

I think a lot of us are very impatient. It also may seem like other clubs get their transfer activity sorted much quicker than us, but the reality is that we're more focused on United transfer news so that's why it probably seems that way. I bet the fans of all other clubs get frustrated at how long it takes to get certain deals over the line from when the rumours first arise.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We’ve been talking for about 2 weeks now, how long does it take?
Swansea want a higher fee than we want to pay. We could get this done today if we pay 20-30m. Then we'll all be up in arms about paying way over the odds.

It's not as easy as most of us think.

dove

Hopefully it's to drive the fee down, if we end up spending 20mil plus on a player with a few good games in the championship Woody needs a slap.
The only way I would be happy paying £20m for him is if we also add Jones, Young and Lingard.

Nick7

Wow thanks for clarifying. What a bizarre scenario. Scared of surgery? Some of these footballers really are big babies. I'd have thought resigning yourself to knee surgery would be part of the risk you take when you desire to be a professional footballer. It's probably more complex than I'm giving him credit for but yeah sounds like he's a bullet that should be dodged. Shame
He's more than likely scared of the repercussions of the surgery rather than actually going under the knife.

NoMidfielders

The Longstaff news is a bit odd, not many outlets have even mentioned him and the few that have are extremely conflicting, but the Telegraph don't tend to just make shit up so the news must have come from somewhere.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
This is going on like we're trying to sign Messi, this is the sort of signing that just appears out of nowhere and surprises you. Woody just likes to make everything bling bling and likes overpaying for it as well....
How is it his fault the media are keeping on about it?

And the reason it is dragging is because we don't want to pay over the odds...

Will Singh

:lol:

Because our most senior outfield player who has been at the club the longest and has captained us many times before will now officially be captain for a year? Beats giving the captaincy to Pogba/Lingard/DDG/Smalling. The truth is our dressing room lacks proper leaders.
I'd rather give it to Pogba, regardless of people's opinion on him he is our best player by a mile and that qualifies him above Young who shouldn't be anywhere near a United shirt.

ArjenIsM3

Evening Standard reporting we're set to bid £25m (?) for Wan-Bissaka
Well the have been full of shite for a while now so that's hardly surprising.

I'd rather give it to Pogba, regardless of people's opinion on him he is our best player by a mile and that qualifies him above Young who shouldn't be anywhere near a United shirt.
He might have the highest ceiling when it comes to his footy ability but he is hardly setting the right example when it comes to attitude or anything off the pitch really. Just like Tuchel won't give it to Neymar despite him being their best technical player. What message does it send if we give a player who is agitating for a move every summer (through his agent or otherwise) the captaincy?

Last edited:

Will Singh

How is it his fault the media are keeping on about it?

And the reason it is dragging is because we don't want to pay over the odds...
We've always paid over the odds, so what's new now? When United comes knocking the price has a 50% hike on it straight away...

Woziak

So much of the Media is complete BS, it looks like Ole might be very involved in this transfer window and is clearly up for moving the following players out;
Darmian, Rojo, Bailey, Valencia, Herrera, De Gea (Not by Choice), Mata, Alexis Sanchez - Maximum £100M

And it seems that he is not to bothered either way if Pogba and Lukaku leave. That means a major rebuilding job is going to happen with probably 8 or 9 first team squad players leaving.

As the dust settles could something like this happen?
Darmian for A Wan Bissaka or T Meunier
Rojo
for Koulibaly or De Ligt
Valencia
for R Sesseghnon or P V Arnolt
Bailey
for T Auderweireld

DE GEA
for Cillisen
Herrera
for Rakotic or T Partey
Sanchez
for Felix or Dyballa
Mata
for James

Lukaku
for Pedro

I know signing 8 or 9 players seems completely ridiculous but with our early movement it seems that this may well be the plan in the next two windows to move out 10 or 11 and bring in 8 or 9 with at least 6 coming in this Summer now. Yes the players coming in would probably cost £350M but if you sell all of the players bar Pogba listed you would recoup £170M and the wage bill would significantly decrease allowing you to ammortise your investment by shifting salary budget to transfer budget.

Last edited:
I'm blaming Woodward yes, by now he should now what to expect so pay the price and move on. The way this is going is like he's our main target or something.
We should pay 20million quid for James? :lol:
Then you’d all be here slagging him off but paying over the odds.

The idea that United can only concencrate on one signing at a time is amusing though.

United will negotiate like any fecking normal club and the price rightfully won’t be more than 14m quid. There’s no god damn rush except in the witless minds of some of our fans.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Evening Standard reporting we're set to bid £25m (?) for Wan-Bissaka
"Has made his critics eat their words. Fast, good touch, eye for goal and versatile – he offers so much to United’s attack and is only likely to get better."
This is quote from ES about why we must keep Lingard. They lost all credentials for me:)

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hazard for about 25 mil.€ is an absolut steal. Should've been all over that...

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Another season of holding onto Darmian then...

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Sport has now rubbished those claims and they explain the representative is only fighting to get the best deal for his client, whether it is from Barca or from another club.

De Ligt, on his part, is clear that if the Blaugrana raise their offer, he will join them.

However, that hasn’t happened, which is why he must decide whether to accept the sporting project at the Camp Nou or opt for more money.
Sounds familiar...

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Another season of holding onto Darmian then...
I don't see why that isn't fair. You paid 12m, he's in his last year of his contract and he's barely played for you. His valuation has greatly depreciated at United.

Status
Not open for further replies.