Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macern

Pee pee pants
They are referring to Inter’s valuation of Perisic last year when we tried to buy him.
They said value though, not valued.
I don’t follow this logic.
If you look at pretty much any player making a transfer, they either improve or regress when switching to a new club. There are so many people going «nah I don’t want him, he only had 3 goals and 4 assists» implying that they’ll get around the same numbers in a new club. But that rarely happens. Salah went from 15 to 32 goals in the league when switching to the EPL for instance. I wouldn’t be surprised if Perisic would go from 8 goals and 3 assists to say 10 goals and 10 assists if he came to us (if he is the same player that he was a year ago).

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If there's something he might know about, then it's about Inter, because he's a fan. He was also first to report Vidic to Inter. But I doubt we'd take Perisic now though. That time has passed.

Boom feck off we dont want Perisic

Dante

Average bang
We do need a dynamic, high-pressing left sided attacker. But if Dan James is coming, Perisic won't be required.

sparx99

Sell Lukaku and sign Timo Werner. He would be much more suited to a high press, is lightning quick and can compete with Rashford. Fee should be fairly good value in the current market.

Kaglish10

If there's something he might know about, then it's about Inter, because he's a fan. He was also first to report Vidic to Inter. But I doubt we'd take Perisic now though. That time has passed.

Inter and Perisic are having a laugh, thinking they can mug us. Wonders shall never end.

redshaw

Boom? More like Bum!

Man United receive bum ass bid of 30 million Euro (£26 million) for Lukaku plus a 30 year old winger due to conk out anytime soon.

Last edited:

Slysi17

I’d take him! I’d rather have Perisic than Lukaku. Haven’t watched him at all this season, but I can see that his numbers are down slightly from last season. Still, players never get exactly the same numbers or play at exactly the same level when switching to another league anyway, so it could well improve.
Do you really think we need another left winger :houllier::houllier::houllier: Plus I don't want him anywhere near Manchester United as he is past it and over 30 years old now. Only player I would take in exchange is Icardi. Other than that Inter can feck off with that offer and give us the cash.

Slysi17

Perisic is like a 100 years. We paid almost 90m (if you factor in Rooney) for Lukaku and what makes Inter think that Perisic and 30m would be enough? 70m or no deal....
Plus he plays on the left wing. Mourinho was going to sell Martial and get Persic which didn't happen thank god.

crossy1686

career ending

Sold, I don't care how shit Perisic is, just sell, sell, sell.

I cant imagine a Lukaku and Icardi partnership.Both players work solely better as the main individual offensive focal point.

Whatever happens with Juve's management,transfer wise,I can see Icardi making a move to the Old Lady which then might put question marks on Dybala's future once again.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Italian clubs be like "Here's 10 pounds, a pack of crisps, and a season long membership at the gym, give us Pogba".

"Oh you want our third choice left back? 50 million pounds, cash".

settembrini

There is a certain degree of logic in United accepting that offer for Lukaku. Fits in somewhat with other transfers and the work rate problem at United that we see as fans and Solskjaer has talked about repeatedly.

1. Rashford is obviously Solskjaer's starting striker so Lukaku is expendable, especially given his high salary and lack of work rate.
2. Signing Perisic on one hand feels like an awful idea because he's old and reliant on pace but he is a very hard working player. Martial is our current left winger but he's not hard working at all and there were reports that Solskjaer was unhappy with him at the end of the season.
3. Considering our strong links to James then there's a logic to having an older wing in Perisic at the club for a couple of seasons to give time for James to develop. Then Martial becomes another expendable lazy player on high wages who could be sold to raise money.

Not saying I want it to happen or consider it especially likely. Woodward for instance is supposed to love Martial and blocked a similar swap deal which would have seen us get Perisic last summer, so he would need persuading. But I can see why United would consider it.

DesiAce83

I’d take him! I’d rather have Perisic than Lukaku. Haven’t watched him at all this season, but I can see that his numbers are down slightly from last season. Still, players never get exactly the same numbers or play at exactly the same level when switching to another league anyway, so it could well improve.
I don't understand why. We have not played to Lukaku's strengths all season and now we are looking at wingers who can deliver the ball in, we want to get rid of the only guy in our team who can head the ball.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
It’s a shame for them they can’t afford to spend the sum needed - they’ll have to lower their sights to someone cheaper who they can afford. It’s always a shame when we can’t get everything we want because of lack of money, but we all have to live with it.

Perisic by all accounts has been terrible this season,illustrated by the fact Inter were desperate to flog him off to Arsenal in January.
If it wasn't for Perisic's mad wage demands he'd be a Gunner right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.