Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He played in a lot of dud games and I don't think he was really able to play his way into form, granted a fair bit due to injuries too.

I don't have stats to bring, but I recall him playing one game, not featuring the next. Then coming off the bench at 65 mins here and there. Starting Carling Cup games and then being dropped in league games, etc. Under Ole I would love to know how many games he was able to start back to back.
17/18
Goals = 2
Total Mins = 1049
Started 85.7% of PL Games

18/19
Goals = 1
Total Mins = 857
Started 26.3% of PL Games
Injured 34.2% of PL Games

1 Goal every 635mins

He was shit, had the entire 2nd half of the season and did feck all in 17/18. Had a distrupted 18/19 with 2 injuries but 1 goal in 857mins is shocking.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
17/18
Goals = 2
Total Mins = 1049
Started 85.7% of PL Games

18/19
Goals = 1
Total Mins = 857
Started 26.3% of PL Games
Injured 34.2% of PL Games

1 Goal every 635mins

He was shit, had the entire 2nd half of the season and did feck all in 17/18. Had a distrupted 18/19 with 2 injuries but 1 goal in 857mins is shocking.

He was undoubtedly shit under Jose, would have never suited a system under him. I was looking forward to him under Ole but barely saw him feature in a run of games. He did well enough in the FA cup versus arsenal and maybe one or two other cameos but that's it.

I'm not really denying he was shit. Its more that he might have been of use of he played a string of games and stayed fit post Ole. The copa America was more positive from him, and considering we were still paying most his wages I didn't see the logic in giving him away on loan.

But he's injured there too, so I guess Ole is justified in it. The qualm is more about not replacing what his contribution was expected to be and not replacing Lukaku either.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The qualm is more about not replacing what his contribution was expected to be and not replacing Lukaku either.
That is the issue ultimately. We gambled on our young players like Gomes/Chong picking up the slack. Neither of them did.

Frankly, I don't overly mind. I'd rather give our young players a chance if they aren't upto it then we go out and sign replacements. We'll most likely bring in players in January to address this. If we had signed players then the same people would no doubt critise Ole for not giving our young players a go.

It's probably better that we take a slightly slow approach to rebuilding than go out and spunk a horrible amount of money on average players that we dump a few seasons later. It's a process that requires patience though.

Alabaster Codify7

If I thought we would adequately upgrade on Matic in January I'd be 110% for getting shot of him. Never warmed to him as a player or person, to be honest, don't know why but something about his demeanour has always irked me since he joined. But I honestly can't see a single available, gettable CM/CDM. Unrealistic. We will thin our numbers even further I reckon.

lysglimt

Scout
There are players available in january that will strengthen our midfield - but at the same time, I can understand that we don't want to buy a 9th choice simply because he is better than what we have. But Sander Berge would be an ideal upgrade for Matic.

But the thought that OGS wants to avoid Norwegian players to avoid the extra criticism if things don't work out, has occured to me.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
There are players available in january that will strengthen our midfield - but at the same time, I can understand that we don't want to buy a 9th choice simply because he is better than what we have. But Sander Berge would be an ideal upgrade for Matic.

But the thought that OGS wants to avoid Norwegian players to avoid the extra criticism if things don't work out, has occured to me.
It's a shame that, considering it's probably your most talented batch in a generation.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

That would be very foolish

BlueHaze

If I thought we would adequately upgrade on Matic in January I'd be 110% for getting shot of him. Never warmed to him as a player or person, to be honest, don't know why but something about his demeanour has always irked me since he joined. But I honestly can't see a single available, gettable CM/CDM. Unrealistic. We will thin our numbers even further I reckon.
Thomas Partey. £40m clause. Literally perfect fit.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Sander Berge is a interesting player. 195, decepitvely quick, strong passing. Appears to be a likely Liverpool target, Klopp has praised the player and expressed an interest in the player publicly. I'd get slight annoyed if i was Genk, but what can you do.

Withnail

Good, has been a shit signing overall. I would look for an AM in Jan as a priority.
Big time!

I, like most, thought he was a great signing initially and I could see he was losing his Iegs last season but I was shocked how far off the pace he was against poor opposition in pre-season.

Its hilarious, Duncan Castles on his most recent podcast was using Matic proven-PL-winner-mysteriously-benched as a stick to beat Solskjaer with.

I know he can be a bit biased but this was ridiculous. Apparently Solskjaer is keeping him out of the team as a populist move to appease the fans.

Then they had a long discussion about his strengths and what he'd being to the team as if he was still the same player he was at Chelsea.

Ace of Spades

Big time!

I, like most, thought he was a great signing initially and I could see he was losing his Iegs last season but I was shocked how far off the pace he was against poor opposition in pre-season.

Its hilarious, Duncan Castles on his most recent podcast was using Matic proven-PL-winner-mysteriously-benched as a stick to beat Solskjaer with.

I know he can be a bit biased but this was ridiculous. Apparently Solskjaer is keeping him out of the team as a populist move to appease the fans.

Then they had a long discussion about his strengths and what he'd being to the team as if he was still the same player he was at Chelsea.
Who care what that bald twat thinks ?? He has always hated us, and now that Jose is not here he can go back to being a bellend with no value to his opinions.

Withnail

Who care what that bald twat thinks ?? He has always hated us, and now that Jose is not here he can go back to being a bellend with no value to his opinions.
I know, I know. I keep an eye on his stuff as he does have some info on transfers.

I've heard him say some things which were a bit biased in the past but this was such a strange one I found it funny.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Yes if the player wants to but I think they'll do their best to push it to the summer. The player might agree as well, it is a big change to move from Madrid to Manchester in the winter.
I think they kind of did it with Hernandez last season? Read a report which said that they requested Bayern to come for him in the summer. Don't know how true that was

BlueHaze

Is that true though? Have not heard anything concrete except for the Marca report.
It's true. They have been in talks with him to try and get him to sign a new deal which would increase his wages and double the buy out clause but as of now the clause is still active at €50m. Unless something happens in the next month and a half he's up for grabs in January.

I'm quite surprised no one went for him in the summer. Especially us who are in need.

RUCK4444

I would consider taking all three on free transfers, not likely to happen anyway but these have been top players.

Question marks on age for Toby and Vertonghen and Eriksens form has dipped however with no major outlay other a good wage for them could be smart business.

We have enough CB’s in fairness but always thought Vertonghen is class.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Who is he?
edit: Gianluca Cristiano Busio is an American professional soccer player of Italian heritage who plays as a midfielder for Sporting Kansas City in Major League Soccer. Wikipedia

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
PSG keen on Icardi’s permanent deal in January means Cavani will walk on a free next Summer :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.